29 apr 2010, 00:14No more streaming full tracks? When did THAT happen? I'm not exactly gonna buy an album based on a 30 second preview...
4 mar 2010, 00:21I'm bored. An old meme I nicked from Raichil
ost your top bands/artists,
(a)the first song you heard of theirs,
(b)the song that made you fall in love with that band and...
(c)...your current favorite
1. The Clash
a) London Calling
b) Movers and Shakers - it's an odd one I know, but that twiddly trumpety bit (don't ask me what it is, I am not musical) sold it for me
c) The Card Cheat
2. Pink Floyd
a) Another Brick in the Wall
b) Shine On You Crazy Diamond
c) Coming Back to Life
3. Patrick Wolf
a) The Childcatcher
b) The Childcatcher
c) The Sun is Often Out
4.Coheed & Cambria
a) The Hound (of Blood and Rank)
b) The Hound (of Blood and Rank)
c) Wake Up
a) Bohemian Rhapsody (I assume)
b) Somebody to Love
6. Elvis Costello & the Attractions
a) Accidents Will Happen
b) Accidents Will Happen
a) Almost Human
b) Almost Human
c) Underground... maybe
8. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
a) Red Right Hand
b) Red Right Hand
c) Straight to You
9. Pet Shop Boys
a) West End Girls
10. X JAPAN
a) Endless Rain (I don't really remember...)
b) Endless Rain
c) Art of Life
25 jun 2009, 10:5050 tops artists meme stolen from Raichil... dare I get into meme's on here too??? Ugh... I do too many...
1. How did you get into 29?
Eh, I think I just saw the album really cheaply and my sis said "Buy it!". I'd heard them before, so I knew I liked them enough, but it's "Fake Plastic Trees" that has gotten them so high on my top artists...
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
I can't imagine. Possibly the first track from Girls, Girls, Girls or Dr.Feelgood, because those are the albums my sister played the most.
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33?
"Your sister's gone out, she's on a date and you just sit at home and masturbate" (from Captain Jack)
4. What is your favorite album by 49?
New Vogue Children
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?
About 6 or 7, not including vinyls.
6. What is your favorite song by 50?
Linton Kwesi Johnson
Want Fih Goh Rave
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad?
All Fall Down if I squint... or you know, the listening equivalent of squinting
8. What is your favorite album by 15?
9. What is your favorite song by 5?
Nevermore. Even though it's so short.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Lol all of them. But You Little Fool probably makes me happiest.
11. What is your favorite album by 40?
I think Battle of Wills, but I also thinks that's a Frugivores album as opposed to Tymon Dogg himself (but the Frugivores are pretty much dead to the world, let alone last.fm)
12. What is your favorite song by 10?
The Monster is Loose
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30?
The Smashing Pumpkins
Probably a lot of music related memories because the first album I ever bought was Meloncholy and the Infininte Sadness, so before then I was effectively musicless. So ok, buying that album was a good memory I suppose.
14. What is your favorite song by 38?
Walk on the Wild Side
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy?
The Rolling Stones
Streets of Love. Ok, so it's not a happy song, but I love it...
16. How many times have you seen 25 live?
Moi dix Mois
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23?
Regret, which is really just Gackt soloing on a piano during a live show.
18. What is your favorite album by 11?
Dir en Grey
Macabre. I wish more people loved this...
19. Who is a favorite member of 1?
I really don't have a favourite, they are a band I love for their music as opposed to the members (which so often happens with me...) so I'm glad they're my top.
20. Have you ever seen 14 live?
No. He's dead, man.
21. What is a good memory involving 27?
Dressing like Marc Bolan on the last day of sixth form.
22. What is your favorite song by 16?
Map of Your Head
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47?
"Intro" on Lyrical Symphony lol.
24. What is your favorite album by 18?
Pan's Labyrinth soundtrack... it's the only one I have!
25. What is your favorite song by 21?
Kaya (with a unicode tag, hence him being listed twice...)
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26?
Not sure, dad used to listen to them all the time. Maybe Twisting by the Pool
27. What is your favorite album by 3?
London Calling, no contest.
28. What is your favorite song by 2?
Coheed & Cambria
Always & Never, or The Hound (of Blood and Rank), or Feathers... I can't decide...
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32?
Famous Blue Raincoats - downloaded for a parent and fell in love.
30. What is your favorite song by 8?
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Nobody's Baby Now, or Straight to You
31. How many times have you seen 17 live?
Never, and now they're broken up...
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy?
Crazy Crazy Nights I suppose. And My Way.
33. What is your favorite album by 12?
Pet Shop Boys
34. What is the worst song by 45?
Drop Dead Legs
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34?
Probably Tambourine Man, or Blowin in the Wind.
36. What is your favorite album by 48?
The Killers - Day and Age
Versailles - Lyrical Sympathy
37. How many times have you seen 42 live?
38. What is your favorite song by 36?
You Shook Me All Night Long
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28?
Robert Downey, Jr.
Tough call. Probably his duet with Sting on Ally Mcbeal with "Every Breath You Take"
40. What is your favorite album by 7?
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy?
I Love the Dead... lol
42. What is your favorite album by 41?
I only have two albums, and I'm not crazy about either, but singles wise I like Fiancailles
43. What is your favorite song by 24?
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46?
Drunk, singing Don't Stop Believin' at the Met Lounge.
45. What is your favorite song by 35?
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy?
Loads of them. Seriously there are so many amazing ones...
47. What is your favorite album by 4?
48. Who is a favorite member of 37?
Hmm... Stephen Trask maybe?
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43?
Well, with the Attractions it would have been Accidents Will Happen
50. How many albums do you own by 20?
The Flaming Lips
Only one, if we mean hard copies