29 sep 2013, 10:38
18 mar 2012, 09:50(In August 2011) 40 000 was Camera Obscura - French Navy. Well what else!?
6 jan 2012, 16:28
2 jan 2011, 20:18
2 jan 2011, 19:58Top 20 Artists
Top 20 Tracks
25 apr 2010, 12:52
13 sep 2009, 10:07
10 jan 2009, 20:38
1 jan 2009, 23:25Bizarrely Kylie and Laura Marling are my most played artists of the last 12 months (on the computer). Just that i didn't think i'd played them more than some of the artists lower down.
Surprise late high entry for The Gaslight Anthem at number 9, (and in Tracks too) as i've only been playing them for about a month.
...and i'm not sure of the accuracy of Kylie - Sensitized being my most played, cos that is the track that's "next" on the playlist, the start of a new "section" as it were, so if i'm not concentrating or briefly left the room it carries on to that one if i don't stop it before. Although i deleted the play(s) of Sensitized when it happened, there were still plays for it in the corresponding weekly chart. So that should perhaps be 2 or 3 plays lower.
All in all, a set of songs more or less equally smattered throughout the year:
Friendly Fires Paris Cut Copy Lights & Music The Courteeners El Canto del Loco The Corrs The Holloways
6 dec 2008, 20:48okay so i never got round to typing this up, cos i could never be bothered to decide if it was finished yet. Then i had so much stuff to do i never had time. Even the final list was lying dormant for months.
THEN i started typing it up but got bored doing all the tags so copied it in to notepad and came back to it another month or so later...........
1. Maxïmo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures
2. Justice - † (Cross)
3. Soulwax - Most Of The Remixes
=4. Jamie T - Panic Prevention
=4. Just Jack - Overtones
6. The Good, The Bad and The Queen - The Good, The Bad and The Queen
7. Hard-Fi - Once Upon A Time In The West
8. The Wombats - A Guide To Love Loss And Desperation
9. Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future
=10. Kylie - X
=10. The Hold Steady - Boys And Girls In America
1. Bloc Party - I Still Remember
2. Maxïmo Park - Books From Boxes
3. Editors - Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors
4. The Holloways - Generator
5. The Wombats - Let's Dance To Joy Division
6. The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
7. Jamie T - Sheila
8. Just Jack - Starz In Their Eyes
9. Justice - D.A.N.C.E
10. The Twang - Either Way
11. Vampire Weekend - Mansard Roof
12. Jack Peñate - Torn on the Platform
13. Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
14. Hard-Fi - Suburban Knights
15. CSS - Let's Make Love And Listen To Death From Above
16. MIA - Paper Planes
17. Klaxons - Golden Skans
18. Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
19. Richard Hawley - Tonight The Streets Are Ours
20. The Cribs - Our Bovine Public
1. Justice 29/06/07 - Les Eurockéennes de Belfort, Belfort, France
Because it was AWEsome, especially seeing them in their native France, in a tent full of people at 2 in the morning, and seeing how many times they could tease We Are Your Friends.
2. The Holloways 27/01/07 - Flèche d'Or, Paris
Because Holloways gigs are just so much FUN! This one i think was more special cos it was in Paris, watching how they were going down with the Frenchs, smaller venue but packed out, i spoke to Dave and Rob in the crowd, and it was FREE!
3. Editors 30/06/07 - Les Eurockéennes de Belfort, Belfort, France
Because it was the perfect way to spend a summer afternoon in the belting sunshine in a field full of (mostly) French people, watching Tom hug himself and bare his soul, his every expression, and (being English) understanding all the words.
4. Just Jack 23/02/07 - La Vapeur, Dijon, France
Because it was just a good gig, good atmosphere. i'd only heard the album a few times but had already been taken by the songs and he was just mesmerising.
5. Arcade Fire 01/07/07 - Les Eurockéennes de Belfort, Belfort, France
Surprise entry, i wasn't sure what to put at no. 5, but i think this deserves the spot, on merit that i actually only went to see them cos there was no one else on, but the songs were brought to life on stage with the decorations and all the instruments and sounded like old friends. And it started raining halfway through which led the band i think to launch into a succession of their biggest hits, including ones off the second album that i had previously dismissed, but now really love.