This list was just as hard to make as my previous list but made easier by Last.Fm, I just looked at my most played Bob Dylan songs to help me out. I don't go much into detail why I picked the songs because that would take a long time, so I just wrote the first thing that came to my mind.
10. Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands [Blonde on Blonde] - If a song is 11:23 minutes long, and I listen to the whole thing every time, it deserves to be on my top ten list. Written for his wife Sara, "Sad-Eyed Lady" is just a beautiful song!! I remember listening to this song in high school and hoping to someday write something as epic as this.
9. Simple Twist of Fate [Blood on the Tracks] - Another Beauty by Mr. Zimmerman, that just paints images in my mind of two people in love or torn apart by love, depending on my mood. It's like a movie in a song lol.
8. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue [Bringing It All Back Home] - No One can't write better break-up songs than Dylan, and this is a masterpiece. Sang with such emotion, this is a song I myself love to sing aloud but I do it no justice.
7. I Threw It All Away [Nashville Skyline] - I first heard this song while watching "For Love of The Game" and instantly fell in love with it. The lyrics burn me deeply, and the sincerity in Bob's voice just kills me, it is safe to say this song gets me all emotional.
6. Sara [Desire] - Probably one of Dylan's most personal songs, written for his wife Sara (again), but this time in a time of turmoil for their marriage.
"Stayin' up for days in the Chelsea Hotel,
Writin' "Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands" for you."
5. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right [The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan] - One of the first ever Dylan songs I heard and I still love it. Even though it's kind of bitter and mean sometimes (it's a song about saying the last words or goodbyes after a break-up, or so that's how I interpret it), the finger picking on the guitar relaxes me and made me want to learn how to finger pick
4. Positively 4th Street [Single] - The perfect "Fuck You" song! Such bitter lyrics but with a happy organ playing, I love it!!!
"I wish that for just one time
You could stand inside my shoes
You'd know what a drag it is
To see you"
3. It Ain't Me Babe [Another Side of Bob Dylan] - Another break-up song. I just love Dylan's voice in this track, it's powerful, a little mean, but with the best intention. Another Song I love the sing aloud. (I've noticed this is the last track of the album, just like many of the other tracks on this list, I wonder why?)
2. Ballad of a Thin Man [Highway 61 Revisited] - Right when I hear that opening chord, I go crazy! This is the Dylan song where I turn up the volume all the way up! The song is dark and heavy, the lyrics are menacing, another "Fuck You" song I guess lol. Even John Lennon references it in "Yer Blues"
"Here is your throat back
Thanks for the loan"
1. Just Like A Woman [Blonde on Blonde] - From my favorite Dylan album, this track just kills me everytime. The guitar riffs and organ are splendid. One of the first Dylan songs I learned to play on the guitar (and probably the only one I can play kind of well). I'm lost for 4:53 minutes while listening to this, so don't disturb me when I do but please join in and bask in its glory.
Honorable mentions "I Want You" "Girl From the North Country" "All Along the Watchtower" "Lay Lady Lay" and many others lol