Put your music player on shuffle.
Post the first 40 songs that come up.
You can repeat artists if you want.
If you have any repeats, skip to the next track.
- A Gentleman Caller
2. Beastie Boys
- Ch-Check It Out
- The Leaving Song Pt. 2
- Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)
5. Fleetwood Mac
- Oh Daddy
7. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
9. Imogen Heap
- Loose Ends
10. Shimatani Hitomi
11. Pouya Mahmoodi
- Si Pareh
12. Three Days Grace
- Take Me Under
13. The Beatles
- Strawberry Fields Forever
- Soft Revolution
- Pennyroyal Tea
16. Modest Mouse
- Fire It Up
17. Bobby Darin
18. Aretha Franklin
19. The All-American Rejects
- Top of the World
20. The Beatles
- Glass Onion
- Inner Universe
- Ask The Lonely
23. The Real Group
24. Dusty Springfield
- I Can't Make It Alone
25. Smash Mouth
- Break It
27. Vince Guaraldi Trio
- Christmas Is Coming
- A Million Miles
29. Leonard Bernstein
30. Kaki King
- These Are the Armies of the Tyrannized
31. Baby Bash
- Suga Suga
32. Shiny Toy Guns
- When Did This Storm Begin
33. Fall Out Boy
- Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner
- Falling for You
36. Rob Zombie
- Scum of the Earth
37. Pat Metheny Group
38. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
39. Savage Garden
40. Sacramento State Vocal Jazz
1. Which song do you prefer, #1 or #40?
I rarely ever listen to Cursive, and Pegasus is much more my style.
2. Have you ever listened to #12 continuously on repeat?
Hell yeah I have.
3. What album is #26 from?
Break It/Get Myself Back. Hasn't been released on a studio album just yet.
4. What do you think about the artist who did #15?
Eh, they're pretty hit or miss for me. I like some of their stuff, but Pennyroyal Tea isn't one of my favorites.
5. Is #19 one of your favorite songs?
Not even close.
6. Who does #38 remind you of?
My friend Kim. We were working on a story together, and we both attached the song to one of the characters.
7. Does #20 have better lyrics or music?
Music. The lyrics are a bit sparse, haha.
8. Do any of your friends like #3?
Quite a few of my friends like AFI.
9. Is #33 from a movie soundtrack?
Not at all, haha.
10. Is #18 overplayed on the radio?
11. What does #21 remind you of?
Ghost in the Shell! \o/
12. Which song do you prefer, #5 or #22?
Gotta go with Journey on this one. I love Fleetwood Mac, but Oh Daddy is not one of their better tracks.
13. What album is #17 from?
Some greatest hits album of Bobby Darin's. I forget which.
14. When did you first hear #39?
When I was like ten, lol. I'm not sure how that full album made it onto my computer.
15. When did you first hear #7?
Back in 2004-ish? It was shortly after Maps hit it big, I got the album and listened to the rest.
16. What genre is #8?
JPop. Definitely JPop, haha.
17. Do any of your friends like #14?
I dunno about friends, but my stepsister does. She was the one who introduced me to Stars. :D
18. What color does #4 remind you of?
The album cover's white. We'll go with that because all I think of when that song comes on is disco, and that's pretty much every color ever, hahaha.
19. Have you ever blasted #11 on your stereo?
Hell yeah I have! Gotta love Iranian rock. It's really quite symphonic, to be honest.
20. What genre is #37?
21. Can you play #13 on any instrument?
At the moment, no, but I'm sure I could learn it if I tried.
22. What is your favorite lyric from #30?
...there are no words in that one, hahahahaha.
23. What is your favorite lyric from #23?
"Aural intercourse" amuses me, but I'll probably go with "Words, possession of a beggar and a king".
24. Would you recommend #24 to your friends?
I think she's probably bore most of my friends, honestly.
25. Is #2 a good song to dance to?
It can be. :B
26. Do you ever hear #16 on the radio?
I haven't, but I think it did get some airplay at the time it was released.
27. Is #32 more of a “nighttime” or “daytime” song?
Cloudy daytime, maybe.
28. Does #36 have any special meaning to you?
Yes and no. I associate it with a character, but that aside, not really.
29. Do any of your friends like #31?
Probably. It was pretty popular around here.
30. Is #25 a fast or slow song?
31. Is #35 a happy or sad song?
I would say it's probably more unhappy than sad.
32. What is one of your favorite lyrics from #9?
"It's complicated (this time I think it could be), triangulated (it could be just what we need), so let's just say we give it up and walk away, nothing to salvage, anyway."
33. Is #34 better to listen to alone or with friends?
...not at all. I'm not big on Weezer, I didn't even know I had that song.
34. When did you first hear #27?
Charlie Brown Christmas specials, of course. :D
35. Name 3 other songs by the artist who did #30:
The Betrayer, Bone Chaos in the Castle, and Magazine
36. Do you know all the words to #6?
Not at all. I like it and all, but it's in Japanese and even if I knew the words I wouldn't know what it said. XD
37. Does #28 have better lyrics or music?
Music, but I love the way the words and music interact for it.
38. What album is #10 from?
...the Inuyasha Theme Song Collection, lololol.
39. What is a good memory you have of #7?
Probably just rocking out to it on the flight home from New York in 2006.
40. How many times have you listened to #9?
According to last.fm, 385 times, but I'd wager more than that, haha.