1st: Digital Mystikz feat. Loefah & Sgt. Pokes @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark
- It was the first dubstep show for me to see live and definitely not the last one. I was nearly sober 'cause our tent was far away from festival area and there was a danger of drowning in mud (for me at least). Digital Mystikz & Loefah were like the last act of the night and I was pretty tired. And still the beat made me dance through the night like I was in some kind of unconscious state of mind. MASSIVE.
2nd: Dan Deacon @ Klubi, Tampere, Finland
- The man is nuts. What more can I say? If you have seen him live you know what I'm talking about.
3rd: Saimaa @ Klubi, Tampere, Finland
- Witnessed them (as well as Dan Deacon btw) all alone and sober. They actually played all the songs they had ever rehearsed because their setlist was lost. "Usually by this time we would have played the setlist through with an encore and gone away, but today we don't know where the hell it is, so we'll play some more for you." Pure love. Perhaps the best gig ever played by Finnish band. Hope they'll get an album out soon.
4th: Pelican @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark
- Same as with Saimaa. I hadn't had any drinks and my friends were waiting for Muse so they didn't bother. Shame on them, 'cause Pelican was hell of a lot better than Muse, or any other band in Roskilde Festival this year (apart from Digital Mystikz of course).
5th: The Arcade Fire @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark
- At first I couldn't understand the hype around them at all. Just before Roskilde'07 it finally hit, and AF were on my "must see"-list on the second place right after Klaxons. I still get chills when I hear Wake Up - the perfect opening song for the festival. It truly was the first time in Roskilde'07 when I could focus on something else than mud or rain.
6th: Damn Seagulls @ Tavastia, Helsinki, Finland
- Sold out Tavastia with one of the best live acts in Finland. The atmosphere was unbelievable, felt like half of the audience were crowdsurfing. Plus a double-encore and a Finnish rock legend featuring on one of the songs. Ahhhh!
7th: !!! @ Flow Festival, Helsinki, Finland
- I really looked forward to this one and it was even better than I thought. Crazy Finns partying and trampling flowers. The night was a bit cool, a bit dark and it was the last summer festival in 2007 for me. The singer had just irresistible dancing moves.
8th: Flogging Molly @ Provinssirock, Seinäjoki, Finland
Two of my friends broke their glasses and one got hurt. I had missed so many opportunities to see them live that I just had to leave home though I was suffering from bronchitis at the moment. It was worth it.
9th: Jaakko Eino Kalevi @ Flow Festival, Helsinki, Finland
Jaakko rules. It was the first time to heard of him. I was surprised that Finns can do such good electro shit as this is. I watched him play with my mouth open and as soon as I got home I ordered his debut lp from the Internet.
10th: Rinneradio @ Lost in Music -festival, Tampere, Finland
I was alone and sober, again. (Which I don't do too often, 4 real.) I feel sorry for all of my friends who didn't take those free tickets I offered. Just stunning.
Some honorable mentions:
- Anal Cunt @ Vastavirta-Klubi, Tampere, Finland
- Birdy Nam Nam @ April Jazz, Espoo, Finland
- Björk @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark
- The Blood Brothers @ Provinssirock, Seinäjoki, Finland
- Calexico @ Ilosaarirock, Joensuu, Finland
- Clipse @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark
- Comeback Kid @ Nosturi, Helsinki, Finland
- Klaxons @ Ambassador Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
- Klaxons @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark
- Kukka @ Kickstart Festival, Jyväskylä, Finland
- LCD Soundsystem @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark
- Rise and Fall, Vastavirta-Klubi, Tampere, Finland
- The Scaramangas @ Jyrock, Jyväskylä, Finland
- Wilco @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark
Klaxons @ Ambassador Theatre, Dublin