1. How did you get into 29?Frou Frou
- I found a random fan-made AMV of Rahxephon to Must Be Dreaming
. The video was amazingly edited and the visuals went with the song so well, particularly the climax around the 3 minute mark. After watching said video I investigated both source materials, Frou Frou ended up being a good find. Rahxephon on the other hand was a complete let down.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?光田康典
- Yasunori Mitsuda, I popped in Xenogears in elementary school and from that moment on I was hooked on his music. Not only is that one of the most epic (for once that word fits the scale of the story) games, but the soundtrack blew my mind at the time. Best part is that it withstands the test of time and still sounds fantastic.
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33?UNKLE
- I guess part of the lyrics of Nursery Rhyme/Breather
I like. There are a lot of songs that I enjoy by them but I guess this works since it was the first song by them I really got into.
"You can't stop me breathing
Even when you're on fire
Know that you're weaving
With my emotional wires
Flows through me, in through me, out through me
Over me, feeling me, feeding me electrically"
4. What is your favorite album by 49?Queen
- Greatest Hits I guess, I only really have that to go off of. I'd think it'd be hard to go wrong with that seeing as how they had so many great singles/hits.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?大島ミチル
- One, Michiru Oshima did the soundtrack to Ico titled Melodies in the Mist and it is fantastic. Wonderfully haunting soundtrack to a beautiful game and a great closing track.
6. What is your favorite song by 50?Ken Nakagawa, Daisuke Achiwa
- They kinda accumulated track plays when I went through and skimmed various Atelier Iris Soundtracks. I guess Wind Over Time
, the overworld map song from Atelier Iris 1 may be the most memorable to me.
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad?長沼英樹
- Not really, Hideki Naganuma's tracks that I listen to are from Jet Set Radio Future which are all pretty happy and upbeat. Nothing is very melancholy or sad about them.
8. What is your favorite album by 15?DJ Sharpnel
- Unfortunately I don't have a favorite album by this duo yet. I am still learning and listening to some of their songs for the first time, and since a lot of the tracks are hit or miss for me it may be a while till I have a whole album by them that I enjoy.
9. What is your favorite song by 5?Goldfrapp
- Hmmm, this is difficult as it changes based on my mood and also how I further get to know their full body of work. One of my staple favorites is probably Twist
though, from Black Cherry
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?Air
- A lot of songs by them make me happy I guess, Surfing on a rocket
and Cherry Blossom Girl
are always uplifting to hear.
11. What is your favorite album by 40?Tricky
- Probably Maxinquaye
, it definitely has a good number of amazing tracks on it.
12. What is your favorite song by 10?Mindless Self Indulgence
- My favorite song by them if I had to pick only one would be Molly
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30?Radiohead
- Driving down to Richmond this past spring break and listening through OK Computer
in the car. Since I hadn't listened to them in a while it definitely grabbed my attention, a lot of things about the music and the driving kinda clicked.
14. What is your favorite song by 38?Masaki Kurokawa
- Most of the plays have been accumulated from my listening through the Persona 2 soundtracks, I really enjoy all of the battle themes he does for those games.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy?Ladytron
- High Rise
16. How many times have you seen 25 live?Aphex Twin
- I never have.
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23?DJ Shadow
- Midnight in a Perfect World
, I love this song beyond words.
18. What is your favorite album by 11?Juno Reactor
- Beyond The Infinite
, definitely my favorite album by them. Guardian Angel
, Ice Cube
, all great songs.
19. Who is a favorite member of 1?Shoji Meguro
- That's easy, the big man himself. His work on SMT games is amazing. The use of guitars and fusion of music genres into his music is just the right mix that I'd want in music that I listen to.
20. Have you ever seen 14 live?Massive Attack
- Yes, and it was EPIC. I was able to see them at the 9:30 club the fall of 2006 and it was amazing and beyond words. I didn't know what to expect from a live set of theirs but it surpassed everything I imagined.
21. What is a good memory involving 27?The Orb
- How relaxing and great it is to just unwind and listen to his work.
22. What is your favorite song by 16?The Delgados
- The Light Before We Land
is definitely one of the most beautiful songs I have heard.
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47?Hooverphonic
, lovely sound-scape of a song and I still can't get enough of it.
24. What is your favorite album by 18?Nine Inch Nails
- The Fragile
, hands down my favorite album by them by far. Where Is Everybody?
, first song I heard by them once I actually got into them and it's stayed a favorite ever since.
25. What is your favorite song by 21?Kenji Kawai
- His work on the Ghost in the Shell
soundtrack is my favorite, M08 Floating Museum
takes the cup at being my absolute favorite track.
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26?The Chemical Brothers
- It probably was Block Rockin' Beats
, but that was before I knew who they were and has never really been one of my favorite tracks by them. I prefer Star Guitar
, The Sunshine Underground
, Do It Again
, and The State We're In
27. What is your favorite album by 3?Muse
- Origin of Symmetry
hands down. Showbiz
I love with all my heart for the angsty/beginnings feel of it, Absolution
was where they started getting really polished. OoS will always be the highlight to me though, the perfect balance of the three of them coming together before that gloss of production started making everything even more clean. Not that I have a problem with their newer stuff, OoS just had "that feel" to it.
28. What is your favorite song by 2?目黒将司
- Is Shoji Meguro
just after I changed his name to the actual japanese characters. My favorite song would most likely be the Staff Roll
from SMT Nocturne. Epic, nostalgic, wonderful, not enough words to do it justice so I will stop now.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32?Toshiko Tasaki, Masaki Kurokawa, Kenichi Tsuchiya
- Soundtrack to Persona 2, so the first song I heard by them is the opening to the game when I first played it. Good stuff, dated because the game was on the first playstation, but still good music.
30. What is your favorite song by 8?Brazilian Girls
- This is a very tough decision because their self-title-debut is so fantastic. I'd have to say currently it is a tie between Corner Store
31. How many times have you seen 17 live?bôa
- none and it might not ever happen...kinda sad.
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy?The Future Sound of London
- Not too sure, of the ones I know well none. I don't know enough of their stuff though.
33. What is your favorite album by 12?植松伸夫
- My favorite album by Nobuo Uematsu would probably be one of his live concert performances of music. None in particular, I just enjoy hearing the highlights of the FF soundtracks since I've never found an entire FF soundtrack to be very strong.
34. What is the worst song by 45?Underworld
- I am not sure, I haven't listened to them as much as I should. I am sure they have their share of some boring tracks that are skippable that I haven't gotten to yet, granted I probably skipped them so I wouldn't know which ones they were.
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34?すぎやまこういち
- The first song I heard by Koichi Sugiyama was the opening to Dragonquest 8. His stuff is a little generic sounding symphonic soundtrack, but I still found some tracks to be very memorable. Also that was my first DQ/DW game so I had no previous exposure to his work.
36. What is your favorite album by 48?Yoshitaka Hirota, Yasunori Mitsuda
- Since they only really worked together on the shadow hearts games, I'd have to say as a whole I enjoyed the soundtrack to the first Shadow Hearts game more than the sequel.
37. How many times have you seen 42 live?大谷幸
- None, unfortunately because I think Shadow of the Colossus music performed live would be an unforgettable experience, just like the game. Roar of the Earth indeed.
38. What is your favorite song by 36?Gorillaz
- It may be a tie between El Mañana
and Latin Simone (Que pasa contigo)
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28?I Am X
- I now properly tagged my files as IAMX
, the first song I heard by them was either The Alternative
, or Spit It Out
I cannot remember.
40. What is your favorite album by 7?Sneaker Pimps
, hands down because it is absolutely haunting and brooding.
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy?VAST
- Most of Jon Crosby's songs are melancholy, but The Last One Alive
brings a smile to my face whenever I hear it.
42. What is your favorite album by 41?My Bloody Valentine
, that shouldn't even by a question...magic magic magic lovely.
43. What is your favorite song by 24?崎元仁
- Hitoshi Sakimoto does amazing work on the FFTactics soundtrack, no particular favorite, just the whole album.
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46?blink-182
- Ah yes, the band I grew up with in middle/early highschool. Yeah I don't really like them much now, but Dude Ranch
definitely holds a special nostalgic place in my heart.
45. What is your favorite song by 35?Daft Punk
- I guess all time may be Aerodynamic, but that's just barely over many others. A very solid amount of sweet songs.
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy?Etro Anime
- Hell yes, practically all of these songs make me happy, it's great stuff. Purest One
, and Summer Rain
are definitely my favorites though.
47. What is your favorite album by 4?菅野よう子
- Yoko Kanno does some pretty amazing things, I guess my favorite album that she has done is probably Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
since it has the most memorable of tracks that I love out of the GITS:SAC songs.
48. Who is a favorite member of 37?
[unknown] - Behold my tagging skills...I would have to say picking a favorite would be impossible.
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43?Red Hot Chili Peppers
- They have existed for so long while I grew up I have no idea what the first one was that I heard, probably Under the Bridge
or something. The first one that I heard that I really knew who it was and liked it a lot By the Way
though. After that I actually checked out all the previous stuff that I had grown up with.
50. How many albums do you own by 20?Röyksopp
- I don't own Melody A.M.
yet which I feel kinda bad about, especially since I have seen it and been tempted so often. It's day will come, and maybe eventually The Understanding
's day too.