13 apr 2008, 20:48
1. What are you listening to right now?
David Usher - The Music
2. What song makes you sad?
Uh... Lots of songs, Our Lady Peace - 4AM?
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Any Beastie Boys song, that Hey Baby song by Gwen Stefani is pretty annoying. That new Flo-Rida song is annoying because it sucks and KISS106.1 plays it every hour, forcing me to listen to commercials instead which I'd rather listen to than that song.
4. Your all time favorite band?
I don't think I have one, I used to really like Everclear, then I really liked the Killers, then Switchfoot, now Anberlin.
5. Your newly discovered band is?
Anberlin, only discovered them a few weeks ago, and I already really love the two CDs of theirs I bought. You know a band is good when you like their entire CD instead of just a few of their "popular" songs.
6. Best female voice?
I like Jenny Lewis's voice, didn't know she was the girl in Postal Service.
7. Best male voice?
I don't know, I don't really have a best list, Some people are good at yell/screaming, some are good at falsetto, some are good at high singing that isn't falsetto, it really depends on me more and what mood I'm in than the singer. I guess I'll throw out Anberlin's lead singer's voice right now, but I probably just like their music more than their voice.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Alternative rock, christian rock, "normal rock"
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Hype me up? I suppose this means when I play sport? Rage Against the Machines, Eminem, Linkin Park, Nathan Jay Remixes, techno?
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Five For Fighting, Anberlin - Inevitable. If I want to calm down... I can usually do it on my own though, though sometimes I'll play music to help me sleep, but that rarely works.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
I've only been two concerts, both Guster concerts, one at college, one in Brooklyn. Not a huge Guster fan, so, kind of odd.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
Anberlin, Rilo Kiley, Death Cab for Cutie, mostly because they have so many good songs, not just a few really good ones.
13. Most hated band?
Beastie Boys, are rappers bands? The list could probably go on for a while except bands that I don't like, I don't pay attention to.
14. Song that makes you think?
Uh... I don't know, love songs maybe?
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
Anberlin or Death Cab, mainly because I don't really know many obscure bands though, and Death Cab isn't really obscure, but since they're from the Seattle area, they should get more recognition.
16. Coolest music video?
I don't watch music videos. I used to look up videos through youtube tough, but I never really watched them...
17. Music video with the most babe watch?
A long time ago, I saw Sisqo thong-song, and I remember that had a lot of girls in it, but couldn't tell you anything after that.
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
Nothing, this seems sleezy to me, maybe Marvin Gaye - Let's get it on, just for a laugh, or that song on Flight of the Conchords, where Jermaine is in the laundrymat and imagines him and Daisy getting it on. Though that would probably make me laugh more than anything so, probably not a good idea.
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
I played violin and piano for 9 or so years, and tried guitar for a few months. I pretty much have no musical talent now. I sort of regret it, but I was never really good at chords for the violin or piano, and the guitair is mainly all chords, so, maybe I wouldn't be good at it anyways, since my hands are kinda small, and easily caulloused.
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
Nope, I try to stay away from doing retarded things.
21. Are you in a band?
23. Ever dated a musician?
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
Yeah, but I also imagine myself winning Olympic gold in track and field, playing SS for the Mariners, being an all-star point guard for the Sonics, being an awesome kick returner for the Seahawks, and being a great midfielder for Chelsea, so... Not sure if it's the music I'm attracted to, or the being good at something. Would I want to be a musician, and not care about being great? Probably, that seems like It'd be a fun life, even if the pay wasn't that awesome.
29. Best chick band you know of?
I don't know what defines a chick band, so I'll say Dixie Chicks because they have the word 'chick' in it.
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/cd...etc...?
I think the End just played Louis XIV - Air Traffic Control, which is good song.
32. What do you think of Classical music?
Since most of what I played was classical, I can stand it I guess. Off topic, a coworker is pregnant, and she plays classical music, with the headphones on her stomach, which I find to be hilarious. I guess if she tries that hard, her baby deserves to be a genius.
33. What do you think of Country music?
Sure I like it. Some of it's good, but some of it sucks, just like most music genres (cept rap, that all sucks)
34. What do you think of Death metal?
For some reason, I liked some of it in Higshchool (I think, i'm not really sure what Death metal is), but I don't know, anything too angry is weird. Music is supposed to sound good.
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
Guster is the only band I've seen.
36. Are you a groupie?
Nope, I don't understand hero-worship.
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
I used to listen to chinese and japanese songs after my trip there, but I don't put any effort into keeping up with the musics trends.
38. What famous musician would you like to fuck!?
None, I don't really pay attention to what Musicians look like, and I wouldn't want to have sex with someone soley based on looks, or how good of a musician they are. Which do I find most attractive? I honestly couldn't tell you.
39. Worst concert moment?
Going to Guster concert where it smelled like cigarettes and pot.
40. Funny concert moment?
I don't know, buying a Guster shirt that was way too small?
41. Sad concert moment?
42. Best local act you can think of?
Death Cab, Modest Mouse, tons of bands here.
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
I don't know, I'll just go with Violin because I used to play that well.
44. Do you listen to the radio?
Yep, at work and in the car, because I don't have many cd's or mp3s. Two of my computers have crapped out on my in the last 8 years and i didnt' bother to transfer my music, which in hindsight, was probably dumb. 101.5, 103.7, 104.9, 105.3, 106.1, 106.9, 107.7, and 89.5
45. Do you watch music TV?
Nope, never. I can't stand the stuff they play on MTV, and the shows on that channel are generally the dumbest shows ever.
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
No, but Saturday mornings when I run, that Seacrest guy plays the top 40, so I listen to that because one in every 4 songs is usually ok.
47. Have you met any famous musicians?
Nope, haven't really met any famous people either, though I saw Eddie George (football player) in book store in Hawaii, Rudy Tomjanovich (basketball coach) in a museum in China, and Bobby Engram (football player) at a golf extravaganza at Qwest field.
48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
Yeah, pretty much everyone in my family plays/played an instrument. None are famous or do it for work. My uncle is pretty good at the guitar, as is my little brother.
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
I don't know, the Trevor Hall - Other Ways? I can't think of any depressing songs right now.
Oh! Blink 182 - Adams Song
50. Song that describes your life?
Is there a song about being bored at work, watching the mariners, tv shows, and listening to music?
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
None, I know maybe the names of 10 people at most in bands.
52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
Well since I generally listen to male singers, No. But it wouldn't anyways, since I don't know what most of the people I listen to look like.
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
Wouldn't want to have sex, wouldn't want to marry any musician. I'm a prude, and I'm picky, what can I say?
53. Favourite movie sound track?
Shrek 3, just for two songs though. I'm sure there are much better ones. TV Soundtracks are generally better than Movie ones.
55. Any musician pet hates?
Not really. I hate when musicians play stupid songs like Beyonce's song about a guy cheating on her, because I don't think any guy would cheat on her, so who the hell wrote the song?
56. What do your parents listen to?
My mom listens to the Beegees and other random 70's era songs. Dad listens to rock from the 70's and 80's like ACDC and whatever else came from that time.
57. What are you listening to right NOW?
I'm watching a Mariners game, but.. last song was Eisley - Telescope eyes, which I found from free itunes songs a few years ago, but now just heard it on "music similar to Death Cab for Cutie"
58. Do you wear band etc T-shirts?
59. What do you think of people who do?
I don't think anything of it.
60. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
None, I'm a loner.
61. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Again,Louis XIV - Air traffic control.
62. Do you sing in the shower?
Yes, but a few things prevent me from doing it often. One, I can only sing about a 10 note range, and I get embarassed when I hit the wrong notes, even if no one is around. Two, I am horrible at memorizing lyris. Three I have no shower cd player. I did it a lot in the locker room showers at college with my teammates.
63. If so, what? If not, why not?
Anything, but lots of Blink 182 freshman year in college, and Moulin Rouge Sophomore and Junior year.
64. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
It'd be nice to be in the same band, so then I wouldn't miss my wife so much when one of us were on the road. I suppose to answer the question without cheating, I'd rather be the musician, I'm selfish, what can I say.
66. How important is your partner's taste in music to you?
Not really important, just as long as she doesn't LOVE justin timberlake, or Rihanna or whatever, that kind of music.
67. Hanson moves in next door to you, do you go introduce yourself, or do you arrange to beat them up?
Neither, I am ok with their stuff, but I don't like to bother celebrities.
68. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll, you dig?
Nope, that's too much of image thing, and I'd like to think I'm more substance, and less style.
69. Do you cook to music?
No, I usually watch tv while cooking, but since I'm renting a room from my cousin, I try to be quiet.
70. Do you sing in the toilet?
IN? I listen to my MP3 player on the toilet at work, but that's just to pass the time, sort of like Georgia Lass in "Dead like me"