What better way to celebrate the release of the new Last.fm than by resurrecting one of its most hated journal games?You may have seen these journals before, in which case I don't have to explain. But then again, you might not have seen them before, meaning I do have to explain. I post the first line of the first fifty songs that come up in my Party Shuffle, regardless of what they are, then you, the viewer, try to name them without looking the lyrics up. (Underlined stuff has been successfully guessed.)
The last time I did this was over two years ago, so I figure I'm entitled to do another one. Also, I'm curious to see how the general feel of my Party Shuffle has changed. The haphazard flow of the lines is usually amusing, anyway.
2. You said I hurt you.
3. Spaceboy, you're sleepy now .
4. I work the angles sharp and precise
5. If I have the line, and you have the bass,
6. To share is to split,
7. In those silent shades of grey,
8. It's poetry in motion.
9. Everybody needs some time away,
10. Sex... Sex is perverted and sick.
11. I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading.
12. You make me dizzy, Miss Lizzie.
13. Yeah, I traded laughs.
14. Realistically, It's hard to dig it all too happily,
15. And I cry, and no one can hear.
16. Every city is many cities, stacked one atop the other.
17. I came into this world high as a bird.
18. You know the day destroys the night.
19. I see the face,
20. Blind, white,
21. And on the cool check in,
22. Rebel, rebel and yell.
23. This is now, we live.
24. Call out the instigators.
25. Johnny's in America, no tax at the wheel.
26. Cool blue reason empties on the page.
27. He couldn't believe how easy it was.
28. Cut the wind.
29. Come on, she looked good.
30. We tried to fly.
31. Ate a mushroom, turned into Bali,
32. They headed southward from San Francisco,
33. Yo..yo..you're no good to me.
34. Long neck, short leash,
35. One eye goes laughing,
36. A white rainbow (a roaring aura).
37. Ein kleiner Mensch stirbt nur zum Schein.
38. Enslaved to the mind of lubricious thoughts.
39. Turn on the dishwasher. The blender. The electric can-opener.
40. In meiner Hand wird dein goldenes Herz zu Blei.
41. Well, I just shot a man to death.
42. We come on the sloop John B.
43. Kooler than Jesus?
44. You came twice last year, like a Sears catalog,
45. Down in the park with the machmen,
46. Molly was a good girl and she knew the reasons why.
47. Someone told me once,
48. Ridin' down the highway,
49. "I'm sorry; I mean I knew that people died."
50. "Awww yeah, this one goes out to all you muthafuckers out there."
Artist Connections (Artists with an X next to their name have had their song for this list guessed correctly)13 & God404 Not FoundAC/DCBauhausThe Beach Boys
XBeastie BoysThe Beatles
XBig BlackBloodhound Gang
XDavid BowieCakeCoilCurrent 93Dilated PeoplesThomas Dolby
XEcho & the BunnymenGrandaddyHoleKing CrimsonKissKMFDMMindless Self Indulgence
XMinistryMy Life with the Thrill Kill KultMy Life with the Thrill Kill KultNegativlandNine Inch NailsNOFXNoMeansNoOomph!OpethOutkastPorno For PyrosPrimusRage Against the MachineRammstein
XRazed in BlackReverend Horton HeatRhapsodySnoop DoggThunderclap Newman
XVelvet Acid Christ