16 aug 2009, 03:24 av pessimysticaFor about the past 30 years in alternative rock, new-wave, post-punk, goth rock, grunge, indie, & other similar genres, the following are many of my personal favorite basslines to play along to. I have included songs that helped me learn how to play the bass (in the mid 90s), songs that i personally tabbed out for myself & an online page I had up for many years (RIP, Geocities - message me if you want the tab for the linked tracks &/or with the play icon), & songs i keep coming back to to either play along or just enjoy the bass blasting thru my speakers. Sure, there could be many more, but these are specifically ones that I can play & have listened to constantly... so they are, for the most part, not exceedingly difficult, but many are very fun! I even left some of the easy ones for variety... so hopefully anyone who sees this, particularly those that play bass guitar, will find some that they enjoy as much as i have :) Also, feel free to post any of your personal favorites below that could fit this list. …
1 jun 2008, 12:56 av watchingtheblur1.How did you get into 29? (The Raconteurs)
anything with Jack White was bound to be fantastic!
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (Shiny Toy Guns)
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? (Ron Sexsmith)
"Please tell me again, I was somewhere else. Lost, walking in the rain, looking for myself. For somehow I find myself missing." from Tell Me Again
4. How did you get into 49? (The Dandy Warhols)
Re-discovered them after watching the wonderful documentary, "Dig!"
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Neko Case)
Just one - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
6. What is your favorite song by 50? (Nirvana)
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? (Rachael Cantu)
pretty much anything off of Run All Night (well, except "Saturday")
8. What is your favorite album by 15? (The Organ)
Grab That Gun
9. What is your favorite song by 5? (Brandi Carlile)
What Can I Say
2 apr 2008, 16:07 av Livgirl1. How did you get into 29? (Air)
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (Sophie Ellis-Bextor)
Murder on the Dancefloor
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? (Missy Higgins)
You taught me how to trust myself (from Where I Stood)
4. How did you get into 49? (Sarah Bettens)
Wooow. It was a looooong time ago! I get into her, because I really loved her former band K's Choice.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Ashlee Simpson)
6. What is your favorite song by 50? (Cat Power)
Where Is My Love
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? (Sum41)
8. What is your favorite song by 15? (K's Choice)
Are you kidding me? I can not chose! I love all their songs. Ok I'll chose. Maybe Live For Real or Somewhere.
9. What is your favorite song by 5? (Natalie Imbruglia)
LOL. I CAN NOT CHOSE I SAID! I loove so much Glorious & Counting Down the Days
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? (Placebo)
Special K maybe, but I don't listen to them anymore.