23 mar 2013, 20:48 av Jamekae
16 apr 2012, 22:58 av FridaLouiseUnder construction!
The Beach Boys - would't it be nice
The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
The Beach Boys - Surf's Up
The Beach Boys - You Still Believe in Me
The Beach Boys - Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)
The Beach Boys - I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
Dennis Wilson - A Time To Live In Dreams
The Beach Boys - The Warmth Of The Sun
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should've Come Over
Elliott Smith - Angeles
Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You In The End
Joe Cocker - You Are So Beautiful
The Beach Boys - Kiss Me Baby
Brian Wilson - Still I Dream of It
Buddy Holly - Love Is Strange
The Beach Boys - Break Away
Small Faces - Itchycoo Park
Simon & Garfunkel - America
23 jan 2011, 23:39 av supersmashsteve
18 dec 2010, 11:37 av thomas10http://heartofglass.altervista.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/The-Velvet-Underground-Nico-The-Velvet-Underground.jpg
1 The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
One would be hard pressed to name a rock album whose influence has been as broad and pervasive as The Velvet Underground and Nico. While it reportedly took over a decade for the album's sales to crack six figures, glam, punk, new wave, goth, noise, and nearly every other left-of-center rock movement owes an audible debt to this set. While The Velvet Underground had as distinctive a sound as any band, what's most surprising about this album is its diversity. Here, the Velvets dipped their toes into dreamy pop ("Sunday Morning"), tough garage rock ("Waiting For The Man"), stripped-down R&B ("There She Goes Again"), and understated love songs ("I'll Be Your Mirror") when they weren't busy creating sounds without pop precedent. …
8 maj 2008, 15:51 av young_wivesCheck out these two amazing vids, a very detailed look at the making of You Still Believe in Me And Wouldn't It Be Nice
Wouldn't It Be Nice
You Still Believe In Me
These two vids pretty much prove 3 things
Brian Wilson is the greatest producer ever
The Beach Boys are the greatest group ever,
And Pet Sounds is the greatest album of all time.
So Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Radiohead, The Rolling Stones and so many other supposed 'greatest groups of all time' never topped what Brian Created.
That's my view anyway
29 mar 2008, 19:07 av ascrodinTake ten bands/artists that should play at your show and determine their set lists:
- The first one plays 5 songs.
- The second one plays 5 songs.
- The third one plays 5 songs.
- The fourth one plays 5 songs.
- The fifth one plays 6 songs.
- The sixth one plays 7 songs.
- The seventh one plays 7 songs.
- The eighth one plays 7 songs.
- The ninth one plays 11 songs.
- The tenth one plays 14 songs, with a 2 song encore.
Birds of a Feather
Bouncing 'Round the Room
The Perfect Crime
The Crane Wife 1 & 2
Sons & Daughters
My Best Friend
She Has Funny Cars
Plastic Fantastic Lover
The Four Seasons
Big Girls Don't Cry
Oh What a Night
Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Walk Like A Man
Ashes of American Flags
I'm Always In Love
Heavy Metal Drummer
I'm the Man Who Loves You
2 mar 2008, 18:36 av nowheregirl81As you can probably tell from a quick glance at my charts, most of the music I listen to is from the 1960s and 1970s. Here are some of my favourite albums from those decades. I have tried not to choose more than two or three from the same artist. If you haven't heard any of them I recommend you check them out soon!
The Beatles - Revolver
I love all the Beatles albums, but this is one of my favourites. There's not a bad track on this album - it's just brilliant from start to finish.
Listen: Tomorrow Never Knows
The Kinks - The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society
The most striking thing about this album is the 'Englishness', with almost every track dealing with the subject of memories, nostalgia and aspects of English life. There are some very catchy melodies on this album that you won't be able to get out of your head!
Listen: Village Green
The Rolling Stones - Between the Buttons
This may seem a surprising choice as it's certainly not the Stones' most popular album. …
23 jul 2006, 04:47 av boingocure
26 okt 2005, 15:40 av gwydion200Kanye West & Lushlife feat. The Beach Boys
i just started the album... You can get it at http://www.kanyewestsounds.com
1. Falls Down - aight, but there's an uncomfortable dissonance at the end of the loop, and the drum track really blows.
2. Get em High - I really like the beginning of this one, until the song actually starts... this dj has no sense of rhythm! is he white? he ruined the best parts of this song, i can't even listen to this. even the ratatat remix is better. (although I have to admit when the horns come in it's pretty slick). Ugh, when Kweli comes in it's so lame. (skip->)
3. School Spirit is hardly different. I actually like this version just as much. Wait, now I'm listening to the original... Who the fuck is Big Charles? Is this the white guy again? (skip->) Oh and the hook blows, more or less.
4. Jesus Walks - The intro is chill... The beat is the best I've heard so far! I can't believe you singled this one out for sucking. Although Lushlife totally ruined the chorus. …