1 jan 2012, 17:13 av kusechka
31 okt 2011, 15:13 av ArmoricaKing My favourite bands ever (in order of appearance)
Тролль Гнёт Ель
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Aqua de Annique
The Tiger Lillies
Subway To Sally
21 mar 2010, 05:25 av Elidoan
27 feb 2010, 19:02 av hernameisauri
3 apr 2009, 01:24 av dystemperso here's something i haven't done in a long time.
70 minutes of the stuff i've been listening to a lot of lately. standards are the same -- warm, fuzzy bass, a little glitching, a little tripping, a little groovy funk, with mostly instrumentals, and couple vocal tracks thrown in for good measure. it's got a very cinematic feel throughout, mostly because of the heavy sampling work. made for the express purpose of pressing play and making the world a better place. for lovers of turntables and good music in general. enjoy, and let me know what you think.
as always, support these artists if you enjoy any of these tracks. they aren't big names, so their talents should be rewarded.
mixtapes by alx: so i hear you want to know the same girls i do.
1. Depth Charge - Number 9 (Edit) (4:48)
2. Emancipator - With Rainy Eyes (4:57)
3. Emancipator - Good Knight (5:05)
4. Anomie Belle - Down (3:49)
5. Dirty Elegance - Leaves of Autumn (3:16)
6. Metaform - Brick And Mortar (3:14)
7. The Aloof - Bittersweet (6:43)
29 mar 2009, 17:02 av spiderspit
7 feb 2009, 22:29 av mumbles3030hey!
so i'm realizing that my laptop has been out-of-commission for nearly a month now, which has killed my last.fm activity and made my listening consumption a bit more difficult. but believe me, i've still been listening to a ton of music :-)
but on to more important news! i finally picked up my first pair of (cd) turntables on election day (monumental!) and spent most of the snowed-in winter catching up on six feet under (heavy!) and messing around on my mixer (fun!) ...
in preparation for my latest kexp 'music that matters' podcast, i worked on putting together my first "dj" mix. with the help of my buddy collin's laptop, we recorded it at home into logic in one take and then i broke it up into individual tracks for easier listening :-)
i titled it 'your style won't survive you' and i'd classify it as a diverse beat-oriented mix featuring a whole bunch of new tunes i'm digging.
here's a link to download the mix as a zip folder: http://www.divshare.com/download/6478182-84a
15 jan 2009, 05:04 av Thismanisdan39. The Calm Blue Sea - s/t
38. Fleet Foxes - s/t
37. Crystal Castles - s/t
36. Amanda Palmer - Who Killed Amanda Palmer
35. Firebrand Boy - popNaive
34. Johann Johannsson - Forlandia
33. sgt. - Stylus Fantasticus
32. Innerpartysystem - s/t
31. Euphoria - Silence Is Everywhere
30. Coldplay - Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
29. Firewater - The Golden Hour
28. pg.lost - Its not me, Its you!
27. Sweatshop Union - Water Street
26. M83 - Saturdays=Youth
25. Woven - Designer Codes
24. The Evpatoria Report - Maar
23. Lakes Of Russia - Stars Decorate The Fire
22. Metaform - Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
21. Deadly Avenger - Blossoms And Blood
20. EF - I Am Responsible
19. Ours - Mercy (Dancing For The Death Of An Imaginary Enemy)
18. Pitchblend - The Lines Of Unreason
17. The Helio Sequence - Keep Your Eyes Ahead
16. The Seven Mile Journey - The Metamorphosis Project
12 jan 2009, 21:51 av w0bbEL2008 \\ the music.
What a year: School leaving examination, driving license (on second attempt albeit the first was better), first own flat (namely in a rooming house only, but the feeling is the same), first semester at college, a shared stage with A Wilhelm Scream (YES!), first semi-professional output of my band (begot next to nothing in terms of success, money and groupies, but it's a good record of course) and a Converge hoody plus an Isis hoody (YES!!!!). While the former happenings are somewhat ok but not life changing in any sense and of course not relevant for the topic this journal seems to deal with, the latter ones do a better job at hinting at the most important thing the year 2008 had to offer for me personally: music.
While 2008 surely was no revolutionary year in music history (despite a new Guns N' Roses record), it's my personal highlight in terms of appreciating and also some kind of understanding today's music in all it's variety and aspirations. …
16 dec 2008, 22:31 av toylike