• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jan 2008, 10:47

best venue

what do you think the best venue is to see hardcore bands in the uk?

my favourite is the underworld but i havent been to that many, anybody got any recomendations?

• ukhc sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jan 2008, 01:40
    I always love The Underworld, it's just the right size and shape for a good hardcore gig (pillar = circle pit? :)

I'm a big fan of The Peel in Kingston, due to the great sound and personal atmosphere (that is, it's small but fun). I try to see every hxc band that pays it a visit (SOIA and Down To Nothing both playing there in the next few months).

That's really just London and Surrey: too lazy to actually explore the whole UK!

• Mtiytc sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2008, 20:31
    underworld is abit on the large side for my liking, favorite uk venue would have to be freebutt down brighton way, prolly abit biased cause thats more local to me. but favorite venue tends to be wherever the best gig youve been to is at :) murphys law, slaughterhouse 47 and some other crap filler band was by far the most memorable gig ive been at. Tiny venue, cheap booze, 30 people at most dancin and singin along, cant beat that so homely :) Should be headin to london for a few gigs in april so my opinion might change.. (rucktion set, exodus, soia/wic) cant wait.. good month for sure ;)

• in london i gotta say the Underworld. no barrier,good atmosphere, lax crowd control, perfect for hardcore shows!

then again it's pretty much the only venue that books hardcore shows anymore hahaha!

• Club 85, Hitchin. It's not bad. Very wide. Sick for dancing.
    Loads of shitty neon crap on the ceiling though, feel like your at rave.
    ;]
    Ahaha.

• luton student union :) small, no barriers, but shame about the security which can be absolute cunts.

• The Underworld, just the right size, no barriers and the people who run it aren't cunts

• love the underworld seen so many good bands there
    perfect for stage invasion

the dome in london is fun
    seen good clean fun, gallows and outbreak there .. among others!

• THE OLD ANGEL, NOTTINGHAM, UK.

cheap booze, can fit about 100 -125 max in that room. good sound system and cheapish for promotors. i don't really like Set Your Goals but when i put them on in there the roof just about caved in. and Outbreak was just insane. go to a gig there if you can. NGHC summer alldayer is gonna be mint there. the OXJAM one we did was fucking cool. RINGWORM are playing there soon too. solid venue for hardcore shows.

• Användare
    • 9 apr 2009, 09:26
    The Underworld and The Forum I good for shows in London. I used to go to the Bull and Gate in Kentish town as well, and that is a good small venue.

I quite liked Liverpool Roadkill, although the barrier wasn't up to much.

• The Underworld...
    The Rose & Crown in Ipswhich just because of how small it is and the close atmosphere

• posisean sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jul 2009, 17:08
    Whhhat~!??!
    For Hardcore in London id definatly say The Grovener in Stockwell.
    and the Fighting Cocks in Kingston.

• Användare
    • 8 aug 2009, 09:17
    White Rabbit in Plymouth and The Rude Bar in Torquay are both quite good.

• Användare
    • 27 aug 2009, 16:25
    ADozenDoors said:
    in london i gotta say the Underworld. no barrier,good atmosphere, lax crowd control, perfect for hardcore shows!

then again it's pretty much the only venue that books hardcore shows anymore hahaha!

I live in Glasgow and have never been to a show in London and even I know that this is bullshit.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.