YEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH STARING AT THE WAAAAALLLL

EDIT: ANONYMOUS NIECE, I BOW TO THE AWRSOME AWRSOMENESS

ALLRIIIIIIIIIIGHT POST UR COMMENNNNNNNNTZ

Redigerad av nDroae den 27 dec 2010, 00:59
    • CGholy sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 dec 2010, 03:21
    That concert sounded amazing. =0

Supporting the Sugababes: Past, Present and future.
    • nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 dec 2010, 03:24
    Which one? Or all of it? :D

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2010, 16:06
    [second epic comment, even more epic than the first! :D]

Ohhhh, "The Abyss of Your Eyes" by Stratovarius just started, and somehow that's the perfect theme song for this journal xD I always thought it would make a great Tarot song, hahaha! xD But I think Strat do it better :3

*reads*

it's speed metal, and there is only one speed
    *snort*

xD

Yeah, that shirtless ripped dude *does* make quite a good photography subject! xD And I mean that from a purely artistic perspective, because I tend to go for skinnier guys :) Muscles do nothing for me O.o

I got so excited seeing Uncle Hietala xD You *should* be a fan+band photographer, that'd be awesome! :D Especially if you extended your duties to England and came with me to the Sonata gigs, hurf durf durf >ww<

Ahhhh, I'm so jealous of you getting a picture with them, by which I mean so jealous that you got to be so close to them. ARRGH! Marco...!! 8>wwww<8 And I love your edited version xDD "I wok forever", awesome xDD

Oh man, an hour long delay!! You poor thing, having both your main bands of the festival delayed so much, that must have been really hard to sit/stand through, I know my nerves would have been absolutely wrecked if it had been me! @__@

You know, this festival organiser dude is really awesome :D

I can't relate to its chorus of "I don't want to be like you, I want to be you"
    I never realised that was the second part of what she was singing, I only ever made out the first line xDD So I'm usually all YEAH INVIDIA!! The second part is a bit more :\ But nonetheless Invidia is one of my favourites from April Rain :)

I love that second picture of Charlotte :DD <3

Huh, so far, exactly the same setlist as when I saw them... But then immediately different xD We didn't get Go Away, unless I just forgot :\

;~~~~; I'm now really sad seeing Ewout in your pictures, since I know he isn't anymore T^T hyuuuuuu! >___<

Yeah, I agree; although I'm not that familiar with Lucidity I too can hear the "dream" in it, whereas April Rain is lyrically and musically much more *real*. For myself, I like the *real* sound better, so it's natural that I prefer April Rain :) And I agree it's good they play their old stuff live; it's important for bands to keep doing that. They should always remember their roots! *glares at Hollowpiano >__>*

Shame Marco didn't come out for Sever... but wait, I seem to remember you got some pictures of him with Charlotte! :DD *gets excited again and reads on*

YOU GOT TO HEAR APRIL RAIN YAYAYAYAYAYAY I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :DD I was gutted when they didn't play it for us, and Charlotte was so apologetic when I mentioned it to her xD Bless her heart, she is TOO ADORABLE! >w< And I agree that even though April Rain isn't so unique, it's still special. I'm a firm believer that innovation is less important than simply doing what you do well :) Flair, passion, energy and feeling are all so much more important than doing something clinically impressive but that leaves an audience cold.

I should have asked Charlotte - does she mean trying to create your own fate is bad?
    I think she means that someone's destiny is in their own hands, so you can either dig your own hole or build your own mountain :D That's how I see it, anyway :) And above all, don't just sit there and let life happen to you! You get out what you put in :)

Singing along offstage? Marco, you tease!! >ww< But wow, seriously? D: He's only shown up twice with Delain? D: Supposedly he was going to tour with them when they supported Sonata but that fell through, or maybe it was just a rumour after all. In any case, you lucky lucky dog! :DD

Buuu, shame about Control the Storm instead of Nothing Left. I prefer Nothing Left as well, in fact it's one of my absolute Delain favourites :D And I would LOVE to hear it live. But hey ho, Control the Storm ain't bad... lol+cringe @ the second picture from that song though, looks like Marco's, um... thrusting in Charlotte's direction? ^__^;; Pervy old man..!

YOU GOT TO HEAR SLEEPWALKERS DREAM? D; I wa jealousy! :((( I love that song and I really wanted them to play that for us too... it's so great to sing along to, really awesome! :D

It made me cry ^_^
    :D AWESOME! That's the sign of a damn good show! :DD

THEY PLAYED NOTHING LEFT!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YOU LUCKY SOD, YAYAY! :DDD I'm so happy for you... okay your gig was pretty much PERFECT! :DD Even without Marco on vocals. But still, NOTHING LEFT!! :DD

I love your Pristine reaction video!!! xDD That's brilliant, and now I really want to check out this song :D I love your description of it! :3

As a distant dream I hover
    Call all stars to fall for cover

aaaaaaaaaaaaah hence your new "real name" :)

It's so cool you're on their video :D

I'm so glad you had such an amazing show :')) In the end you did have quite a similar setlist to us, only longer and more packed with awesome of course :D I think the only song we got that you didn't was Smalltown Boy, but I can't be sure I'm right about that O.o

Loving the Bad Romance reference from your concert buddy there xDD I would have shouted out for "Don't Stop Believin'", Marco's version of that with Northern Kings is TRULY EPIC! >www<

Sleep in the Dark to open, yeaaaaah! :DD I absolutely love that intro, the first 40 seconds or so are my favourite part of the song, and that intro makes it an ideal opener in my mind :DD Ahh, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it, I'm so jealous I'm actually feeling a little teary-eyed here! :')

WE NEED THEM IN ENGLAND DAMMITT!!! *howls*

No surprises that I Walk Forever was prominent in the setlist... sometimes they actually perform it with a Kuorosota-style choir, hahah! xDD

Haha, Marco does like making his little speeches to the crowd :DD

Yeah, Crows is quite a repetitive song ^__^;; It has an awesome atmosphere but unfortunately uninspired & repetitive choruses are a common flaw in Tarot's music... sometimes the repetition really works, but other times it's just bland and tiring :\

Btw you got some excellent pictures, I'm scooping 'em all up here! >ww<

Haha, well as I already said I don't mind that you didn't know Tides :) It is a special song though, and I do love it, but it's not a must-listen (if you liked it, though, you should definitely try "State of Grace", by far their best ballad in my opinion :) )

Aw, that's a shame about no Ashes to the Stars, and surprising since it was the single from Crows :\ It's one of my favourites from that album (which for me is quite a poor album, not nearly as captivating as Tarot's other work... I just don't know what happened there @__@) It's a shame they didn't play it live. And I really have to get Undead Indeed at some point... *feels teary again*

The Colour of Your Blood: cool..
    Veteran of the Psychic Wars: OH MY FUCKING GOD!! I'm so jealous!! This is one of my all-time favourite Tarot songs!! :DD I don't know what it is about it, it just hits the spot perfectly every time! :DD
    Crawlspace: I hate you xD This is one of my favourite older-Tarot numbers, one of the times where (for me) the repetitive chorus works :D

YEAAAAAAAH PYRE OF GODS!! >ww< I agree that it's their signature song, it pretty much encapsulates everything that Tarot stand for :D Truly awesome! >ww<

Banana-horn Marco!! :D So awesome!! xDD And I love your attempt to trick people into thinking you'd got one of Marco's bananas, haha xD

Rider of the Last Day, kewl, but Traitor as the last song? D: DOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOT WAAAAAAANT. It's the Wish I Had An Angel complex all over again xD I hate Traitor, well maybe hate is too strong a word but it's just got nothing I like and lots I actively don't :\ Even the fact that Emppu guest-solos on it doesn't add anything :\

I love Marco's triumphant pose though xDD and hahaha, their outro song is awesome xDD I didn't know about that, what a fun and cheery way to close your show! xD And Marco's bow is so cool there :D But I do wonder, if Zachary owns any other shirts... I always see pictures of him in the exact same one all the time!! xD

Sorry to any reading this who are dying to see them
    ME ME ME xD But that's okay... even though I want to see a Tarot live show RIGHT NOW so bad that my chest feels all tight and crappy xDD But I'm so glad you got to see them because at least I was able to share this experience, in a way :D

I hope you at least liked my pictures
    I did like your pictures, very much so :DD

Oh, HammerFall closed, not bad :) I don't - hang on - I was going to say I don't mind them too much but don't know them well but I'm confusing them with Blind Guardian xD As you were xD

I haven't listened to Helloween either. Unless you count Sonata's cover of their song "I Want Out", which I don't because apparently Helloween said it was "a good version, but too damn fast!" xD

OH MY LOL, THAT VIDEO xDD You know, I remember this song from last.fm radio, now I think about it. But seriously, WHUT did they do this for?? xD Although my respect for the Swedish curling team has gone through the roof :DD

Tarot (AKA "Chance to see Marco Hietala")
    hahaha xD

Ouch, design fail indeed xD Sloppy workmanship!! Your dragonfly pictures are awesome though :D

I'VE FINISHED! HALLELUJAH! I MADE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE!! xDDD

• I made it through! That was a fun read :)

• nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 dec 2010, 03:39
    Haha, thank you Florian! :D

Ohhhh, "The Abyss of Your Eyes" by Stratovarius just started, and somehow that's the perfect theme song for this journal xD I always thought it would make a great Tarot song, hahaha! xD But I think Strat do it better :3

Oh? I've never heard it... wow this is quite nice :) Oh no you're turning me into a male-fronted power metal fan XD

[]Yeah, that shirtless ripped dude *does* make quite a good photography subject! xD And I mean that from a purely artistic perspective

Great :D Haha :) It is nice being able to take pictures of people without being a creep for once XD

I got so excited seeing Uncle Hietala xD You *should* be a fan+band photographer, that'd be awesome! :D Especially if you extended your duties to England and came with me to the Sonata gigs, hurf durf durf >ww<

Thanks, I would definitely take pictures for you at Sonata gigs there :) Then you could put my pictures in your journal about it. Assuming you're still up for that when you're in your mid-20's :D

Ahhhh, I'm so jealous of you getting a picture with them, by which I mean so jealous that you got to be so close to them. ARRGH! Marco...!! 8>wwww<8 And I love your edited version xDD "I wok forever", awesome xDD

Yay! \o/ Yeah sry about that :) I was jealous of you sitting next to Charlotte before XD

Oh man, an hour long delay!! You poor thing, having both your main bands of the festival delayed so much, that must have been really hard to sit/stand through, I know my nerves would have been absolutely wrecked if it had been me! @__@

Thanks :D Oddly enough I was fine, I guess I have this tendency to become calm in that kind of situation :)

You know, this festival organiser dude is really awesome :D

Yeah he is, the PPUSA regulars love him :D

I can't relate to its chorus of "I don't want to be like you, I want to be you"
    I never realised that was the second part of what she was singing, I only ever made out the first line xDD So I'm usually all YEAH INVIDIA!! The second part is a bit more :\ But nonetheless Invidia is one of my favourites from April Rain :)

Indeed :) I really wonder who Charlotte wrote that about and why! Still a great song, yes :)

I love that second picture of Charlotte :DD <3

Thanks! :)

Huh, so far, exactly the same setlist as when I saw them... But then immediately different xD We didn't get Go Away, unless I just forgot :\

They probably played a shorter show for you? This one was almost an hour long :D I actually timed out roughly when each song should have started, correlated with the times recorded in the pictures, to figure out which pictures go with which song, only time I've ever done that :)

;~~~~; I'm now really sad seeing Ewout in your pictures, since I know he isn't anymore T^T hyuuuuuu! >___<

Yeah.... :(

Yeah, I agree; although I'm not that familiar with Lucidity I too can hear the "dream" in it, whereas April Rain is lyrically and musically much more *real*. For myself, I like the *real* sound better, so it's natural that I prefer April Rain :) And I agree it's good they play their old stuff live; it's important for bands to keep doing that. They should always remember their roots! *glares at Hollowpiano >__>*

Cool :) Oh... well yeah if you want Nightwish to play more pre-Century Child, yeah, they're not too good with that XD But still a lot better than Leaves' Eyes' amnesiac setlists :P

Shame Marco didn't come out for Sever... but wait, I seem to remember you got some pictures of him with Charlotte! :DD *gets excited again and reads on*

Hahaha! :D

YOU GOT TO HEAR APRIL RAIN YAYAYAYAYAYAY I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :DD I was gutted when they didn't play it for us, and Charlotte was so apologetic when I mentioned it to her xD Bless her heart, she is TOO ADORABLE! >w<

Awwww! ^_^ Haha, thanks! :D

And I agree that even though April Rain isn't so unique, it's still special. I'm a firm believer that innovation is less important than simply doing what you do well :) Flair, passion, energy and feeling are all so much more important than doing something clinically impressive but that leaves an audience cold.

Yes! As is the case with many movies, I have to keep reminding myself :)

I think she means that someone's destiny is in their own hands, so you can either dig your own hole or build your own mountain :D That's how I see it, anyway :) And above all, don't just sit there and let life happen to you! You get out what you put in :)

Okay :D Yeah, that makes sense, I hope that was what she meant. :) Peter Jackson said in a little interview I heard when I was 16 that he doesn't really believe in luck, his advice to young filmmakers is to "sort of create your own luck." :D

Singing along offstage? Marco, you tease!! >ww<

Yep XD At least I'm pretty sure that's what happened :D

But wow, seriously? D: He's only shown up twice with Delain? D: Supposedly he was going to tour with them when they supported Sonata but that fell through, or maybe it was just a rumour after all. In any case, you lucky lucky dog! :DD

Yeah :D Well after that they did the one show together in Mexico City, and then the two in Brazil, but still :) I was surprised to hear that, I thought they'd done it several times in Europe.

I prefer Nothing Left as well, in fact it's one of my absolute Delain favourites :D

Yay :D Their album closers are both so amazing, I can't wait for the third album's closer @_@

lol+cringe @ the second picture from that song though, looks like Marco's, um... thrusting in Charlotte's direction? ^__^;; Pervy old man..!

LOL! That's one of my favorite pictures from the gig but despite being very dirty-minded, I'd never seen it that way.... XD

YOU GOT TO HEAR SLEEPWALKERS DREAM? D; I wa jealousy! :((( I love that song and I really wanted them to play that for us too... it's so great to sing along to, really awesome! :D

YES :D Well I hope you get to see them again sometime with a better setlist! :)

It made me cry ^_^
    :D AWESOME! That's the sign of a damn good show! :DD

Indeed! :D

THEY PLAYED NOTHING LEFT!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YOU LUCKY SOD, YAYAY! :DDD I'm so happy for you... okay your gig was pretty much PERFECT! :DD Even without Marco on vocals. But still, NOTHING LEFT!! :DD

YEAH :D Haha, wow. Thank you! :D

I love your Pristine reaction video!!! xDD That's brilliant, and now I really want to check out this song :D I love your description of it! :3

Thanks ^_^ Yeah I was mulling over whether I'd make that video or not for three months, glad I did XD The official ProgPower USA YouTube account (run by the promoter's wife, I think) commented on it :D http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=BITzQKiagg8

As a distant dream I hover
    Call all stars to fall for cover

aaaaaaaaaaaaah hence your new "real name" :)

Indeed! :)

It's so cool you're on their video :D

Yeah, I usually can't find myself when bands do that but not this time! :D

I'm so glad you had such an amazing show :')) In the end you did have quite a similar setlist to us, only longer and more packed with awesome of course :D I think the only song we got that you didn't was Smalltown Boy, but I can't be sure I'm right about that O.o

Huh... I'd like to see that too XD

Loving the Bad Romance reference from your concert buddy there xDD I would have shouted out for "Don't Stop Believin'", Marco's version of that with Northern Kings is TRULY EPIC! >www<

YEs I love their Don't Stop Believin' :D

Sleep in the Dark to open, yeaaaaah! :DD I absolutely love that intro, the first 40 seconds or so are my favourite part of the song, and that intro makes it an ideal opener in my mind :DD Ahh, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it, I'm so jealous I'm actually feeling a little teary-eyed here! :')

Awww :)

I know -_-

No surprises that I Walk Forever was prominent in the setlist... sometimes they actually perform it with a Kuorosota-style choir, hahah! xDD

Oh? :D

Haha, Marco does like making his little speeches to the crowd :DD

And they seem to be a bit different show to show, judging by some bootlegs of Mexico I watched :)

Yeah, Crows is quite a repetitive song ^__^;; It has an awesome atmosphere but unfortunately uninspired & repetitive choruses are a common flaw in Tarot's music... sometimes the repetition really works, but other times it's just bland and tiring :\

OMG you agree @_@ Yeah... need I say WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD.... :)

Btw you got some excellent pictures, I'm scooping 'em all up here! >ww<

Thank you! :)

(if you liked it, though, you should definitely try "State of Grace", by far their best ballad in my opinion :) )

*listens* Mmm, nice! :)

Aw, that's a shame about no Ashes to the Stars, and surprising since it was the single from Crows :\ It's one of my favourites from that album (which for me is quite a poor album, not nearly as captivating as Tarot's other work... I just don't know what happened there @__@) It's a shame they didn't play it live. And I really have to get Undead Indeed at some point... *feels teary again*

You should :D Yeah, I agree, the album as a whole was a disappointment for me after Suffer Our Pleasures. Apparently they had to cut a few songs from the setlist to make time for Hammerfall (@#%$#%@#$@#%!!!!!) but Ashes wasn't one of them so oh well :)

Oh dear now I feel bad about not being into Veteran of the Psychic Wars and Crawlspace enough XD *listens again* Okay, yeah, I like Veteran of the Psychic Wars now :) And I do like Crawlspace but... it's that whole repetitivenes thing again v_v

Banana-horn Marco!! :D So awesome!! xDD And I love your attempt to trick people into thinking you'd got one of Marco's bananas, haha xD

Thought you'd like that XD And thanks! :D

Rider of the Last Day, kewl, but Traitor as the last song? D: DOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOT WAAAAAAANT. It's the Wish I Had An Angel complex all over again xD I hate Traitor, well maybe hate is too strong a word but it's just got nothing I like and lots I actively don't :\ Even the fact that Emppu guest-solos on it doesn't add anything :\

Wow :D Yeah I really don't like it either, what's it about any way? It reminds me of people saying that interracial relationships are "race treason" :p

I love Marco's triumphant pose though xDD and hahaha, their outro song is awesome xDD I didn't know about that, what a fun and cheery way to close your show! xD And Marco's bow is so cool there :D But I do wonder, if Zachary owns any other shirts... I always see pictures of him in the exact same one all the time!! xD

Yeah, I like the whole jovial attitude they put on :D And haha! Maybe his wardrobe is 23 of the same shirt :D

Sorry to any reading this who are dying to see them
    ME ME ME xD But that's okay... even though I want to see a Tarot live show RIGHT NOW so bad that my chest feels all tight and crappy xDD But I'm so glad you got to see them because at least I was able to share this experience, in a way :D

Aww :) Good! :D

I did like your pictures, very much so :DD

Yay :D

Oh, HammerFall closed, not bad :) I don't - hang on - I was going to say I don't mind them too much but don't know them well but I'm confusing them with Blind Guardian xD As you were xD

Haha XD I would have preferred to see BG, even though I barely know their music, based solely on their more positive reputation :P

I haven't listened to Helloween either. Unless you count Sonata's cover of their song "I Want Out", which I don't because apparently Helloween said it was "a good version, but too damn fast!" xD

Ah, haha :D

OH MY LOL, THAT VIDEO xDD You know, I remember this song from last.fm radio, now I think about it. But seriously, WHUT did they do this for?? xD Although my respect for the Swedish curling team has gone through the roof :DD

XD Just amazing, isn't it?

Tarot (AKA "Chance to see Marco Hietala")
    hahaha xD

I gotta be honest XD

Ouch, design fail indeed xD Sloppy workmanship!! Your dragonfly pictures are awesome though :D

:D America needs RV painters! Thanks :)

I'VE FINISHED! HALLELUJAH! I MADE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE!! xDDD

CONGRATULATIONS :D Thanks for reading and for your detailed, thoughtful responses! :)

• Isn't Invidia simply about envy in general?

• nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 dec 2010, 23:46
    Ah... yeah, I guess :) It just surprises me that Charlotte would write that.

• Uhm ... why shouldn't she be familiar with the feeling and write about it? :)

• nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2011, 02:03
    Because it didn't seem to me like the kind of thing she'd want to dwell on or address in an upbeat song like that. Whatever :D

• Användare
    • 9 mar 2011, 23:26
    Delayed reply part 2! :D

Oh no you're turning me into a male-fronted power metal fan XD

YAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! \:DD/ It's the most awesomest genre \m/

I would definitely take pictures for you at Sonata gigs there :) Then you could put my pictures in your journal about it. Assuming you're still up for that when you're in your mid-20's :D

Yayyyy! \:D/ (again xD) Damn, I forgot I was supposed to be working on the teleporter over Christmas, dang xD And pffft, what's age got to do with it? ;)

I was jealous of you sitting next to Charlotte before

Well I didn't sit next to her, I sat near her :) But I also shook her hand and told her my friend in America would be really jealous that I got to meet her! ;)

They probably played a shorter show for you? This one was almost an hour long

Yeah, it was definitely shorter for us. More like 40 minutes.

well yeah if you want Nightwish to play more pre-Century Child, yeah, they're not too good with that

It's just that it's almost always "stuff from most recent two albums + one from the album before that". Was like that on End of an Era, and on the gig I went to. I approve of the setlist being dominated by new stuff, keeps it fresh for band and fans, but I do think having at least one old song on there is very important.

That's one of my favorite pictures from the gig but despite being very dirty-minded, I'd never seen it that way...

Let's just say my mind could do with a good spring clean f^__^;; ohhh boy...

I hope you get to see them again sometime with a better setlist!

I think they've been in London again just lately, actually, but the aforementioned Sonata and Nana Kitade gigs helped me decide to pass this time ^^

That's so awesome that the ProgPower people commented on your video :D

I know -_-

Good news on this front, Tarot are coming to the UK! The bad news is that it's as part of a festival and I'm not sure I want to go a festival, just for Tarot xD I'm a bit festival-phobic (I know, I know, don't knock it til you've tried it, right? ^__^;;) but if Sonata end up going again (they went last year) I might cave :)

OMG you agree @_@ Yeah... need I say WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD... WAAARHEEEAAAD, WAAARHEEEEAAAAAAD.... :)

I just had to quote the whole thing 'cause it cracked me up that you wrote this all out xD And it just looked so aesthetically pleasing too, haha! xD Although actually you managed to pick one of my favourite Tarot songs, in spite of the repetition! For me the rest of the song makes up for it, but yeah I see your point xD

Oh dear now I feel bad about not being into Veteran of the Psychic Wars and Crawlspace enough XD *listens again* Okay, yeah, I like Veteran of the Psychic Wars now :) And I do like Crawlspace but... it's that whole repetitivenes thing again v_v

Haha, that's okay xD Yeah, Crawlspace is good buuuut repetitive. Veteran is awesome but they didn't write it, so they can't take credit for the unrepetitiveness of the chorus xDD

what's it about any way? It reminds me of people saying that interracial relationships are "race treason"

I don't know, for sure. I always got the feeing that Traitor was aimed at Tarja though, but to be fair back then everything was about the split xD Even Sonata's "It Won't Fade" (which turned out to be about their split with Jani, so I was close xD)

Thanks for reading and for your detailed, thoughtful responses! :)

lol! You're welcome. It wouldn't be teriyaki-style without a good healthy dose of tl;dr!! ^___^

• nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 mar 2011, 01:35
    YAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! \:DD/ It's the most awesomest genre \m/

Ohhhh? :D Maybe I should listen to Blind Guardian sometime....

Yayyyy! \:D/ (again xD) Damn, I forgot I was supposed to be working on the teleporter over Christmas, dang xD And pffft, what's age got to do with it? ;)

Haha! Yeah I dunno, that girl I ill-advisedly let myself fall in love with two years ago is a hardcore anime fan (to the extent that she's getting some official certification in Japanese) but is also a super-serious career woman now, at one point she was actually planning on never going to anime conventions ever again, which made zero sense to me, though for now she's decided to keep going... but it seems you never know :P Yeah, let's be like the fat balding long-haired middle-aged guy I saw at the Epica show talking about how he was listening to Iron Maiden when he was 20! :D

Well I didn't sit next to her, I sat near her :) But I also shook her hand and told her my friend in America would be really jealous that I got to meet her! ;)

Oh. :D Haha, that whole situation sounds so fun though, just hanging out with Delain late at night XD

Yeah, it was definitely shorter for us. More like 40 minutes.

Well, that's not bad :) That's about what Leaves' Eyes were given, grr. If Delain had had to do a shorter show I would not have been happy :P

It's just that it's almost always "stuff from most recent two albums + one from the album before that". Was like that on End of an Era, and on the gig I went to. I approve of the setlist being dominated by new stuff, keeps it fresh for band and fans, but I do think having at least one old song on there is very important.

...I never noticed that... wait but End of an Era has The Kinslayer AND Wishmaster AND Over the Hills and Far Away which was not on Century Child XD But yeah, that's not a great recipe. I guess Leaves' Eyes will probably switch from handful of Njord songs + Elegy to handful of Meredead songs + My Destiny :( OH WELL

That's so awesome that the ProgPower people commented on your video :D

Yeah :D I think that's the wife of Glenn (the promoter), apparently she runs all the official accounts.

Good news on this front, Tarot are coming to the UK! The bad news is that it's as part of a festival and I'm not sure I want to go a festival, just for Tarot xD I'm a bit festival-phobic (I know, I know, don't knock it til you've tried it, right? ^__^;;) but if Sonata end up going again (they went last year) I might cave :)

WOW :D Aw, well, I love going to the Ichthus festival here but that's mostly Christian rock fans, I dunno what a metal festival that's not PPUSA would be like XD

I just had to quote the whole thing 'cause it cracked me up that you wrote this all out xD

Uh... wrote it once and copied it over and over XD

Veteran is awesome but they didn't write it, so they can't take credit for the unrepetitiveness of the chorus xDD

Indeed. Well, I guess they just think repetition is epic. Kay then. :D

I don't know, for sure. I always got the feeing that Traitor was aimed at Tarja though

Hmm... Tarja, "traitor to your species?" The species of Nightwish? XD

Haha, cheers :D

• Användare
    • 10 mar 2011, 09:42
    Maybe I should listen to Blind Guardian sometime...

I still don't know Blind Guardian too well, but they seemed good when I checked them out. Actually most of the bands I listen to are kind of on the fringes of power metal, but they don't really have their own genre to sit in. So for the purposes of simplicity I count them as power metal and christen it the best genre xD It sure is a lot of fun and very feel-good imo :D

I'm sorry, but I can't help but view that girl as some kind of a traitor xD (to her species!! xDD) I think it's such a shame when people think that they have to grow up, that they have to fit into this "adults must be boring" stereotype. Sure you can employ restraint in the workplace if you want, but to abandon your passions just because you're getting old? If you're moving on, fine, but it sounds like she's just trying to be too mature. Conventions are AWESOME, I still go to them even though I haven't really watched anime in years - if there was a metal convention, or a HP-dedicated convention, now THAT would be heaven! I don't plan to ever leave the childish enthusiast in me behind, it would totally change who I am.

Yeah, let's be like the fat balding long-haired middle-aged guy I saw at the Epica show talking about how he was listening to Iron Maiden when he was 20! :D

DEFINITELY! That'll be us :D

that whole situation sounds so fun though, just hanging out with Delain late at night

It was! :)

wait but End of an Era has The Kinslayer AND Wishmaster AND Over the Hills and Far Away which was not on Century Child

O__O *stares at screen for a few moments* ..ookay, I guess I had a senior moment there xD And I conveniently ignored all the times they've performed stuff like Wishmaster and Sacrament with Anette, so my argument is complete rubbish xD I guess I just don't want to admit that Nightwish's setlists are actually brilliant, with the exception of the persistence of weehaa of course!! >__>

I just think the festival will be your typical UK job of "stage in muddy field" with too many people and yeah, just not sure it appeals .__.

wrote it once and copied it over and over

...I thought you would say that xD Oh well, it still looks awesome :DD

Tarja, "traitor to your species?" The species of Nightwish?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just another reason to not like that song! xD

• nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2011, 05:26
    Blind Guardian I remember being the band everyone was going OMG THEY IS LEGEND IMMORTAL over when I was discovering metal in 2007 :P I listened to one song by them (cuz someone said it was the best thing evaaaaarrrrr) and was like eh, could take it or leave it. Now, I suppose, I'd be considered extremely odd for still not having listened to them given my charts. :D

So for the purposes of simplicity I count them as power metal and christen it the best genre xD It sure is a lot of fun and very feel-good imo :D

Oh. I'm kinda like that with "symphonic metal" I guess :)

Haha, well said! :D There aren't already Harry Potter conventions? How is that... possible... THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE HERE, SOMEONE, LOTS OF IT :D

DEFINITELY! That'll be us :D

XD yay!

..ookay, I guess I had a senior moment there xD

Haha, bit soon for that isn't it? :D Oh, and Sleeping Sun from Oceanborn of course ;)

I guess I just don't want to admit that Nightwish's setlists are actually brilliant, with the exception of the persistence of weehaa of course!! >__>

LOL XD Honestly though I wouldn't mind that for the first time or two seeing them, it's such a fun song :) Maybe now they'll finally come up with something else for that role, Bye Bye Beautiful could have made a decent replacement if it weren't for the lyrics >_>

I just think the festival will be your typical UK job of "stage in muddy field" with too many people and yeah, just not sure it appeals .__.

Oh... right... that XD Well that sucks :-/

...I thought you would say that xD Oh well, it still looks awesome :DD

Haha, thanks :D I wouldn't have counted out the same number of letters multiple times! XD

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just another reason to not like that song! xD

Alright then XD

• Användare
    • 13 mar 2011, 16:20
    I listened to one song by them (cuz someone said it was the best thing evaaaaarrrrr) and was like eh, could take it or leave it.

Haha! To be fair, I'm like this with them too, but then again I'm like this with an awful lot of music at the moment. I'm spoilt 'cause I found something so accurately *for me*, heheh x)

There aren't already Harry Potter conventions? How is that... possible... THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE HERE, SOMEONE, LOTS OF IT :D

Not that I know of :\ HP stuff turns up at MCM, the main "nerd" convention here (which is mostly anime these days), and I expect at some of the US conventions too, but I think even in the US there isn't a HP-specific convention. There really, really should be ;___; Oh well, at least Boris Johnson (the Mayor of London and all-round awesome guy ^__^) wants a HP theme park here and they're talking about having a special exhibition at Leavesden Studios where they filmed the whole series :)

Oh, and Sleeping Sun from Oceanborn of course ;)

Yeah, though you can argue that's the Highest Hopes version and then my argument is safe again :D

To be honest, I am quite enjoying WIHAA these days. Seems that the less a *Nightwish* fan I am, the less I mind any un-Nightwishy songs xD

• nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2011, 01:43
    Haha! To be fair, I'm like this with them too, but then again I'm like this with an awful lot of music at the moment. I'm spoilt 'cause I found something so accurately *for me*, heheh x)

Right... oddly enough I guess I'm kinda like that with Leaves' Eyes all over again now, and I couldn't be happier about that XD

Yeah, though you can argue that's the Highest Hopes version and then my argument is safe again :D

Oh. Wait, so that's where the rerecorded version is? I DON'T HAVE IT D: *must get* XD

To be honest, I am quite enjoying WIHAA these days. Seems that the less a *Nightwish* fan I am, the less I mind any un-Nightwishy songs xD

-> Me, Within Temptation, and Faster :)

• Användare
    • 17 mar 2011, 16:46
    I'm actually really happy that you're feeling that with Leaves' Eyes as well :D Fits with your forum sig, haha! xD

Ooh, glad I could impart useful knowledge! :D Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's on Highest Hopes. Which my mum owns and I've never listened to. Go figure! XD

I loove Faster :D Well, not love but it's really good! :) And actually I got a bit interested in Within Temptation again lately, which I'm pleased about :) Not interested enough to listen to them all the time, but interested enough that I look at them in my library and smile, once again able to appreciate their worth :D

• Användare
    • 17 mar 2011, 16:47
    lol, and I only just saw your niece's drawing! :D That's so awesome XD

• nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 mar 2011, 21:47
    Uh... ah, haha, yeah XD But that's not by my niece (I don't have any yet), it was the niece of the random Facebook person who tagged Charlotte in it (thus how I found it) :)

Yeah :) I really hope I feel a connection with the rest of Meredead, that would be great after my favorites on all of the past albums mostly got ignored in live shows. :D

Haha, wow XD

Well cool :) I don't love the rest of the album as much as Faster but there is some good stuff on it, and it's growing on me by degrees. :)

• Användare
    • 18 mar 2011, 11:28
    Ohhh okay, I see :)

I haven't heard the rest of the album yet. I guess that'll be another one I listen to on youtube rather than actually buy f^__^;;

• nDroae sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 mar 2011, 01:16
    Still growing on me :P This is taking a whiiiiile. Check it out soon! :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.