Band or artist that you think deserves more attention

• Band or artist that you think deserves more attention

Mine would have to be Hot Chip, British electro band who have some really great songs.

So what band or artist do you think deserves more attention that they currently receive?

Your average, ordinary super-human...
    • cryonaka sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2012, 19:30
    I'll go with Junior Boys, I've had some great sessions with a friend of mine just being speechless to their music. Nice choice above, BTW, I agree. I'd recommend Begone Dull Care to be specific, emotional vocals over a deep bass for the most part with some higher-pitched layering.

• Crazium sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 mar 2012, 20:10
    Miami Horror
    Squarepusher
    Shpongle
    Clark
    65daysofstatic

all great smoking music!

• sugyrrah sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 mar 2012, 05:26
    Mean Creek out of Boston

• Ain't promoting or anything, but you guys should take a look at Astronautalis. Experimental hip-hop, my artist of the moment, maybe year.

• I can recommend lots of cool bands. But it depends on what genre's you enjoy

stoner rock
    Dead Meadow
    Beardfish

Psychedelic rock/electronica
    Tame Impala
    Neon Indian
    Yeasayer

• If you like metal at all, I've been really digging this band named Cormorant!

• wsham0 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 apr 2012, 20:08
    Disco Inferno for sure; basically unknown while active in the early 90s, they typified post-rock in the most essential sense of the genre, innovating with samples and sound layers. Their small discography has literally no gaps in quality. From their Joy Division/Wire/post-punk influenced, In Debt, which is frankly just as good as anything the album looks up to. Their 5 EPs is an EP compilation which spans 2 years of incredibly forward looking output and remains widely under appreciated; One Little Indian helped a great deal releasing The 5 EPs compiled last September. And D.I. Go Pop, an insane barrage of inventive modern rock.

Also...

Modern classical like Dustin O'Halloran, Peter Broderick, Nils Frahm, Danny Norbury, Library Tapes, etc.

• chill hip hop (Underground and old school)

Cunninlynguists: sweet underground rap, insane rhymes. check out "lynguistics", "seasons" and "616 rewind"
    Rappin 4 Tay: old school rap, clean street rhyming, tight samples. check out "I'll be around" and "playaz club"

• SdifOdh sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 apr 2012, 14:38
    Stoner Rock:
    Quest for Fire
    Red Fang

Minimal:
    Extrawelt
    Gui Boratto

Psychedelic Rock:
    Sabbath Assembly
    Jex Thoth
    Blood Ceremony

• treeharp sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 maj 2012, 22:49
    Battles, The Walkmen, The Sea and Cake

• Relemsis sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 okt 2013, 21:19
    House of Waters.
    (Jazz, World, Acoustic, Fusion)

They have a Bandcamp. Listen to this one.

• Shawn James & The Shapeshifters, without a doubt one of the most awesome, underrated acts out there.

• YanVNP sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 dec 2013, 20:17
    me

• Ya'll need more doom in your lives

• Boards of Canada, best stoner music EVA. [7]

Ambient/IDM/Electronic

• Boards of Canada, MONO, Thee Silver Mt Zion (members from GSYBE!), Mount Eerie, Woods .

so much out there.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.