What machines is your mpd running on?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 feb 2007, 00:31

Just your normal PC with the client on the same machine?
    On some kind of lan server?
    What clients do you use? Shell or graphical?

Tell us how you use your mpd!

Mine is running on an Linksys NSLU2 with debian installed, connected to the stereo with usb soundcard. My prefered client is Theremin.
    And yours?

• Användare
    • 23 feb 2007, 04:57
    I'm running it on my desktop and run the clients on the same machine. If I ever need to control mpd from other computers, I make a SSH connection to my desktop and then control it with mpc or ncmpc. I mainly control with ncmpc since glurp seems to be causing crashes... I need to find a better graphical client.
    <edit>Found a better graphical client: Sonata</edit>

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 20 aug 2007, 05:00
    • Användare
    • 24 feb 2007, 21:42
    EDIT (2007.6.7):

Distro: Zenwalk Linux

Window Manager: Enlightenment E17

Clients:

-MPD
    -GMPC 0.15.0 for graphical client.
    -SCMPC for last.fm.
    -PidgiMPC for controlling mpd with Pidgin.
    -MPC for command line function + using for keybindings in windowmanager (I don't like using the GMPC keybinding, too anal to use different things :P)
    -NCMPC for ncurses client when I'm in the mood to just use command line..

Redigerat av en raderad användare den 7 jun 2007, 10:25
    • ddvlad sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2007, 08:50
    I'm running mpd on my desktop (I have no other computer) and use ncmpc locally. It's simplicity embodied and it's easy on the resources. I have rather ancient hardware and that's what led me to mpd in the first place, but now I won't switch to anything else.

There is nothing more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have.
  • MPD:
    OpenBSD 4.0-stable
    1ghz AMD Duron
    ESD(client)

gmpc:
    NetBSD 4.0_BETA2
    1.5ghz Pentium-M (laptop)
    ESD(server)

I'll also be looking into scmpc as a last.fm client.

• famzab sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2007, 22:51
    I use mpd on our home server, 350 MHz pentium II, 256 MB RAM and 570 GB hd, ncmpc is running on it too, and also mpdscribble, but I got to look at scmpc too, mpdscribble uses far too much resources for only a last.fm client.

Furthermore I'm trying to find time to write a little script to add similar artists to the playlist if it's about to end.

Last.fm streams in mpd is a want to have too.

• synorgy sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 apr 2007, 23:28
    Running MPD on my desktop and my laptop although all playing is local.

Never cared about the ability to play over a network (Probably will when I move off of campus in the next few years though). I'm using Sonata as my client because it's simply beautiful.(although a foobar2000-esque MPD client would kill me with joy.)

Desktop:
    Celeron 3.06 GHz
    1.25 GB RAM
    160 GB HDD

Laptop:
    P4 2.8 GHz
    512 MB RAM
    60 GB HDD

• synorgy sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 apr 2007, 23:29

Never cared about the ability to play over a network (Probably will when I move off of campus in the next few years though). I'm using Sonata as my client because it's simply beautiful.(although a foobar2000-esque MPD client would kill me with joy.) Using lastfmsubmitd as my mpd - last.fm client.

Desktop:
    Celeron 3.06 GHz
    1.25 GB RAM
    160 GB HDD

Laptop:
    P4 2.8 GHz
    512 MB RAM
    60 GB HDD

• synorgy sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 apr 2007, 23:29

Never cared about the ability to play over a network (Probably will when I move off of campus in the next few years though). I'm using Sonata as my client because it's simply beautiful.(although a foobar2000-esque MPD client would kill me with joy.) Using lastfmsubmitd as my mpd - last.fm client.

Desktop:
    Celeron 3.06 GHz
    1.25 GB RAM
    160 GB HDD

Laptop:
    P4 2.8 GHz
    512 MB RAM
    60 GB HDD

• herd sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 apr 2007, 13:59
    Apart from local uses I am trying to use it in a Ubuntu 6.10 LTSP environment:

Gmpc Client: Off the shelf Dell with Core Duo and stuff, LTSP and X11 server.

Thin Client: AMD Geode GX diskless PXE-boot @400 MHz.
    This currently needs some manual nfs mounts at boot and keeps forgetting the mpd user...
    Better sound than esd redirection, though.

• I've got the daemon running on my desktop machine (Ubuntu Edgy on an Athlon 4000+) and gmpc on my second/third hand laptop with wifi. I sit on the bed with it browsing the net and can change the track without having to get up.

Probably a bit big for a remote control but oh well.

• running mpd

I'm running mpd-live with gmpc-live (plus plugins) on Gentoo Linux. My box is a socket am2 dual core opteron with two gigs of ddr2 800 ram. I've also got a couple seagate 320 gig sata drives.

• It's running on my desktop, with phpmpc also installed so I can change it regardless of OS from elsewhere.

"I am, after all," said Pooh, "a bear of very little brain." -- A.A. Milne
    • diovani sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 maj 2007, 03:31
    i started to use mpd recently.
    now i use it on my laptop, (Acer Aspire 3004lci, Debian Etch, Enlightenment Window Manager DR17) with both server and client, i set some hotkeys to control throught mpc (toggle, stop, prev, next), an just use gmpc to build playlists.
    also, always running scmpc too...

"Save Yourself and Let Then Suffer..."
    • Användare
    • 26 maj 2007, 20:16
    I'm running mpd on my desktop: archlinux, gnome with openbox, overcloacked barton @2200Mhz, 1gb of ram. To control it I use ncmpc in screen in gnome-terminal or mpc by keyboard shortcuts: win+z previous song, win+x play/pause, win+c next song etc. :)

• worklez sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2007, 13:05
    Desktop
    - mpd (alsa + icecast outputs)
    - mpdscribble
    % uname -a
    Linux treblefrei 2.6.20-gentoo #1 Thu Mar 8 19:54:19 NOVT 2007 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Laptop
    - mplayer (plays the cast from desktop over wifi)
    - control it through ssh (ncmpc / gmpc)
    % uname -a
    Linux lapbottom 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP Sat May 26 08:07:41 NOVST 2007 x86_64 AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Desktop and laptop are both Gentoo current. :)

UPD. s/mpdscribble/scmpc/

...all this moments will be lost in time... (c) Ridley Scott
  • We're running it off a dell P4 workstation running at 2.26 Ghz with FC6. The files are mounted via NFS4 from another box.

- for audio output we use alsa, a terratec phase 22 soundcard and behringer truth b2031a speakers
    - phpmp 0.11.0 as the 'client'
    - mpdscribble 0.2.12 for last.fm submissions

It is working quite nicely, there are ~4-7 people in the room who can control the music via their browsers from their own workstations. Phpmp is a getting bit old though and it might be good to modernize it a bit with an updated layout and maybe a bit of ajax, so that could be a nice project for a rainy day.

• Jaif sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 maj 2007, 19:31
    I'm running MPD on a 733MHz P3 which boots Debian from a CF-card. Perhaps a bit too powerfull for just playing music, but its the most silent machine I got.
    Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE soundcard.
    The music directory is mounted with nfs from the fileserver.
    I usually use phpmp as client, but other clients are used sometimes and the latest mpdscribble sends the information to last.fm.

• remiss sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jun 2007, 15:56
    Hmm.. I see a lot of you are using phpmp. Have a look at pitchfork. PHP/AJAX mpd client.

• 2Bios sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jun 2007, 00:25
    I'm running it locally on my laptop with 1,3ghz 512mb ram (gentoo).

And it pwns amaroK soooooooooooooo hard :) ...less CPU-Wakeups, less time when handling with large playlists, faster, more interfaces... <3 :)

Furthermore I may run it on a 700mhz machine with JACK... Let's see...

-rtfm-
    • Användare
    • 12 jul 2007, 22:09
    FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE
    3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4, 1 GB DDR2 Ram, Intel HIG audio card.
    Using Ncmpc as a client.
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59640092/

• jorrizza sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 jul 2007, 19:10
    VIA Epia 1GHz, 512MB RAM, 2x500GB LVM (MPD)
    Opteron 2.2GHz, 1G RAM, 80+250GB (Icecast)
    Both machines run Debian GNU/Linux. I've got to update the Epia because it can only just handle the OGG encoding.

Just your normal PC with the client on the same machine?
    Nope

On some kind of lan server?
    It's a LAN server.

What clients do you use? Shell or graphical?
    Lots. Locally gmpc. It's also broadcasting to the Icecast server. Most of the people tend to listen using VLC, some people use stuff like Xine and gstreamer.

The awesome link of flaming death, epic destruction and pancakes.
    Warning, clicking this link might cause defects like enlightenment, godlessness and knowledge
    • SysV sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jul 2007, 17:19
    Server (lennon):
    Pentium III 800 MHZ, 448MB RAM, Gentoo 2007.0
    * mpd
    * mpc
    * ampache
    Connected with terractec Sixpack 5.1 to my stereo.

Desktop (bonham):
    Athlon XP 2000+, 512MB RAM, Debain 4.0
    * mpc
    * gmpc

• janga75 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jul 2007, 20:44
    Server:
    Geode 1600+/1GB Ram/Shuttle XPC MOBO/2x500GB LVM
    Software:
    Ubuntu 7.04 with e17
    mpd/mpdscribble/ncmpc via ssh
    Graphical Client:
    Sonata (HIGHLY recommended!)

Next I wanna try out Jinzora, but hadnt the time yet.
    Does anyone of you have experiences with Jinzora?

• ACS sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jul 2007, 21:46
    mpd runs on my living room box, which is a multipurpose htpc/server connected to the TV and stereo. it's an old HP tower that i rescued from a trash can outside a college dorm:

P4 2.4 GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD
    i added: Audigy Platinum, Ubuntu Studio 7.04

music collection mounted from a Samba share hosted on NSLU2 running OpenSlug

local client is Sonata, but mostly controlled through SSH using ncmpc

scmpc for scrobbling

looking at ampache for streaming outside LAN, have been using SlimServer for that purpose

@janga75 - tried Jinzora, didn't work for me--buggy in various annoying ways, and community & development seem to be dead

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.