Silly Pitchfork article

• zvodkaz sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 jun 2010, 07:30

Silly Pitchfork article

http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/7702-the-decade-in-noise/1/

Anyone read this article?

Pretty funny really, you can tell the person who wrote isn't really involved with noise at all.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2010, 04:17
    Ha, I think this was mentioned in another thread. Reminds me of high school papers I wrote at the last minute. Seeing this article again makes me not too enthusiastic about seeing Wolf Eyes and Black Dice next week. BEST NOISE SHOW OF THE DECADE.

• i think i would hate animal collective a ot less if people didn't consider them noise.

i havn't seen any youngins into noise as much, so i might actually think noise was really broke that decade however

• zvodkaz sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jun 2010, 05:40
    The hipster interest in noise seems to be blowing over a bit at the moment.

• Keborap sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jun 2010, 03:33
    i think hipster interest in noise is really just to be ironic and different, instead of an actual enjoyment.

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 8 jan 2011, 09:31
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2010, 18:10
    That is a deep Seinfeld

• POTDL sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 jul 2010, 13:30

what problem?

i don't read the article complete but i see something...
    i mean then hipsters like noise poor noisicians get more money for they stuff...so what's the fucking matter? you say something like being open but you're not open if you say hipsters can't hear noise or there are not really interested. or using terms like for artists like Aaron Dilloway.
    and yeah animal collective (and the author doesn't call it noise, he call it noisy) is not noise but i read names like merzbow, whitehouse, keiji hiano, harry pussy etc. and dear fucking god, the did noise/harder noise rock or not? and pitchfork guys normally knows much about music also about stuff like drone...maybe that writer was not the best choice but he is not a guy which describe only merzbow as noise or?
    and also the readership of pitchfork can't fucking do anything with names of bands/projects which are really unknown.
    so be happy that noisician got from the trend some money.
    what i found a lot more shittier are the women hating death metal guys (not everyone but much) which are these stuff not heavy and brutal enough and make the cheesy pedal noise (how long are my pedal chain=how long is my guitar) shows with gasmasks and covers with bloody raped chicks (and mean that serious)...that's boring (yeah i'm so cocky i hear harsch noise), happy noise is NEW (i like flowers and horses but also feepy sounds, hihi)!!!

cheers and sorry for harsch words

• Användare
    • 24 feb 2011, 22:33
    Is there really all that much difference between the " I wear ironic media glasses" types and us "I MAKE MUSIC WITH AN EMPTY TIN OF QUALITY STREET" types? If there is i've seemed to of missed it. If this sort of musical segregation carries on much longer we'll all have to form black metal bands! :p

• brya1290 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2011, 20:26

re. "Silly Pitchfork Article"

Take your fucking pick, really. Did anyone ever read their review of Kid A? Seriously, swallow your pride and do it.

LAST NIGHT A DJ RAPED MY WIFE
    • Användare
    • 25 dec 2011, 13:37
    Pitchfork's whole indie/hipster persona is a sham. They are to independent music what Ebert is to movies: mainstream thinking on a broad subject for mainstream people.

They're "media observers" who are willing to namedrop Brainbombs or humor the latest Merzbow with a lukewarm review, but are much more interested in fellating the last Justin Bie--...sorry, Kanye West album, because they know that shit will endear with idiots thanks to marketing and they want to seem historically "right".

Their writing is worthless because they see music as a product rather than as art. I don't give a fuck about the lead singer's haircut, or the status quo of some contrived, unnaturally invented gen-Y fake genre like chillwave or witchhouse. I care about music, and they don't seem to share that sentiment.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.