Peeping Tom

• Peeping Tom

What do we know? When will it be released? Who's in it? Would be nice to try to collect the information about this new shit. If you know where to find out stuff, give me the link.

• norecess sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jul 2005, 07:14
    Dale Crover's on it. That's pretty much all I can tell about it.

• Cool. Source?

• norecess sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jul 2005, 07:16
    The Melvins board.

• Oldbean sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 aug 2005, 18:57
    It's a ghost story.

• lednerg sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 sep 2005, 04:27
    from MTV.com (in February)
    Now unencumbered by corporate red tape (he lost eight months when he briefly signed to a major label), Patton is readying his solo project recorded under the name Peeping Tom. The self-titled LP, a purported "return to pop," will finally see the light of day this fall on his own outsider label, Ipecac.

Four years in the making, Peeping Tom was not only delayed by label politics, but again by working with the unknown. "The music, to my ears, is relatively simple," he said. "But it's one of the more challenging things [I've done], 'cause I didn't have a band, I didn't have anyone to say, 'Play this, play that.' "

The list of producers onboard for the project reads like a cavalcade of who's who in adventurous beatmaking: Dan "The Automator" Nakamura, Cypress Hill's DJ Muggs, Massive Attack, Amon Tobin, Australian DJ collective the Avalanches, and Odd Nosdam (Clouddead) and Jel (Subtle) of the Bay Area hip-hop collective Anticon.

Guests on the album include Brazilian chanteuse Bebel Gilberto and rapper Kool Keith. Patton has more than 30 songs in the can and will likely release two albums' worth of work — one of A-game material and then, later on, the far-from-leftover leftovers collection.

"Reeling in all these people has been like a long fishing trip," said Patton, who's still hoping to rope Björk into the project. (Incidentally, Patton recently remixed the Icelandic singer's "Where Is the Line," and the two have talked about doing an album together.)

• Tentative release date

now they're pointing at a mid-06 release, but i won't believe another word about whether or not this project even exists until i have the album in my hands

• Larvi sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 nov 2005, 00:54
    sounds too good to be true,but mike has been talking about this since 2001...

Yo yo yo
    • plugwatt sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2005, 03:23
    I wonder if it will sound anything like a demos this late in the game.. I bet the demos from 2001 will not even on the album. lol Worth it tho! but I will not believe it until I have the cd/Mp3's in my hand/ipod. :)

• Lukinx sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2005, 16:51
    According to a recent interview Mike said that those 2001 demo-recordings where just put out to throw people of the track. Peeping Tom will not sound anything like them. He also said that the album will be out in mid 2006 and that it´s the most "hip" thing he has ever done.

Right now he is working on music for the upcoming Tomahawk album, the upcoming movie "Pinion" and also music for a computer game which name he doesn´t want to give out just yet. Also he is done filming the movie "Firecracker" in which he plays two big roles. So keep your eyes open folks! :D

• the album will be out May 30

• TomNash sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jan 2006, 20:15
    HOT.

So hot.

• dmcnee sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 feb 2006, 02:11
  • yay exciting stuff

• It is truly hard to beleive it is almost here!!!!
    PEEPING TOM
    The notorious project that Mike Patton has been working on for over 6 years! The mysterious leaked demos! Which label will it be on? Who are the guests? What will it sound like? Is Mike singing? Where did the Warriors season go wrong? Will they tour?
    A lot of these questions will be answered soon!!!!!!
    IPECAC RECORDINGS is proud to announce that PEEPING TOM "self titled" full length debut release will be unveiled on May 30th!
    Mike Patton will be joined by an impressive lineup of guests. Here is what you get for your hard earned cash:

1) Five Seconds (featuring Odd Nosdam)
    2) Mojo (featuring Rahzel and Dan the Automator)
    3) Don't Even Trip (featuring Amon Tobin)
    4) Getaway (featuring Kool Keith)
    5) Your Neighborhood Spaceman (featuring Jel and Odd Nosdam)
    6) Kill The DJ (featuring Massive Attack)
    7) Caipirinha (featuring Bebel Gilberto)
    8) Celebrity Death Match (featuring Kid Koala)
    9) How U Feelin? (featuring Doseone)
    10) Sucker (featuring Norah Jones)
    11) We're Not Alone (featuring Dub Trio)

www.ipecac.com

• monas sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 mar 2006, 14:52
    Hipper than Lovage? That's pretty damn Hip.

• mcdonkan sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 mar 2006, 07:49
    Christ I'm loving the month of may this year! Peeping Tom AND Tool are releasing! Yeay! Now Peeping Tom just need to get the north of Europe pronto. :)

"Because, you know all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs, man."
    - Bill Hicks, Another Dead Hero
    • SimpatiK sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 apr 2006, 13:13
    Only 7 weeks left!

• I want this album NOW! Hey,The Avalanches! Hell Yeah they rawk!

Rahzel + Massive Attack + Patton = Just another amazing Patton Project

What! Norah Jones? :0

• Patton said that Norah Jones are doing something on that song she has not done before. She'll sound cruel or something. ;)

• Oldbean sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2006, 02:57
    I still do not believe this recording will ever be released.

• norecess sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2006, 07:32

Re:

Quoth Oldbean:
    I still do not believe this recording will ever be released.

I haven't been following this group lately but it has leaked on SLSK, I already have it since a week or so, maybe longer.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2006, 14:33
    It's not that good.

• norecess sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 apr 2006, 12:43

Re:

Quoth InvalidRobot:
    It's not that good.

It is for a pop album.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.