Rate the above user's music taste

• Trying to refocus the group....

superdrag - I Love: Pavement, Ben Gibbard, Radiohead, Bright Eyes; I have to give points off for Oasis, however. I also like how Broken Social Scene almost made it onto the top 10.
    eh: 7.5/10?

eastcoasttodd - Likes: British Sea Power, Spoon, Modest Mouse, Of Montreal; Push: Arcade Fire, Franz Ferdinand
    8/10

Sorry in advance for my sub-1000 track total, I'm a latecomer to the audioscrobbler revolution.

• beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2005, 05:31

Re: Trying to refocus the group....

Quoth mikeraudebaugh:
    Sorry in advance for my sub-1000 track total, I'm a latecomer to the audioscrobbler revolution.

o that is okay

however I really hate the following artists on your list:
    Jack Johnson
    John Mayer
    Jimmy Eat World
    the Strokes
    Millencolin
    Sublime
    Death cab for cutie
    Incubus
    Queen

5/10

sorry buddy, you are listening to a lot of good stuff as well though

• dthtvwls sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2005, 06:15
    Everyone hating on Jack Johnson and Jimmy Eat World should throw all indie cred aside and take an objective listen to JEW's first cd and JJ's last cd.

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

Guys! We should save the seeds and make marijuana popcorn! Potcorn!!!
    • beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2005, 06:42

Re:

Quoth dthtvwls:
    Everyone hating on Jack Johnson and Jimmy Eat World should throw all indie cred aside and take an objective listen to JEW's first cd and JJ's last cd.

heard the JEW cd and I'm aware they opened for emo bands like christie front drive back in 92-93. They still suck though.
    oh and Jack Johnson is terrible and I wont listen to any of his unwashed surfer shit

Redigerad av beej den 28 apr 2005, 06:43
    • LachyC sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 28 apr 2005, 10:20
    even though JEW is the most emo and teenage music i rate higher than 8 out of 10 i will defend them til the bitter end, recent albums included. consider them defended.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2005, 10:31
    haha, jew.

• nevermind

-nothings real, nothing matters
    Redigerad av superdrag den 28 apr 2005, 20:57
  • beej......

So, you seem to be quite willing to slag off Jack Johnson without having listened to any of his stuff. Right. Well done. There is nothing wrong with Jack Johnson. My friend gave me two of his albums about 3 months ago, i still haven't listened to all of the songs yet. Some of them are boring, but the song "Inaudible Melodies" is really cool. The Strokes? What is wrong with you man? Have you never listened to Is This It??

Oh, by the way, I have no problem with being in NME, however, what I do find annoying is when people ONLY listen to stuff in there. Bands like The Bravery and The Others would be in a hole somewhere if they hadn't been mentioned in the NME as the "new thing", and frankly, the world would be a much better place without these two particular offenders.

Most of my favourite bands get mentioned in NME, like Radiohead, Oasis, and yes, Bloc Party, who are fucking cool, write beasting tunes, and are generally much more intelligent than you.

"I am the Badger King, I can do anything..."
  • Re:

Superdrag wrote:
    I understand the ironic nature of this thread.

No. No you don't.

Lastly lastly:In my defense, I know you are going to rail on me for defending myself. I welcome this.

But fuck, you are so close!

YOU CAN DO IT.

• beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2005, 02:43

Re: beej......

Quoth Badger_King:
    So, you seem to be quite willing to slag off Jack Johnson without having listened to any of his stuff. Right. Well done. There is nothing wrong with Jack Johnson. My friend gave me two of his albums about 3 months ago, i still haven't listened to all of the songs yet. Some of them are boring, but the song "Inaudible Melodies" is really cool. The Strokes? What is wrong with you man? Have you never listened to Is This It??
    my dad has the album and subjected it to me. That one listening session is more than enough for me. Oh and Is This It? put me to sleep.

Quoth Badger_King:Oh, by the way, I have no problem with being in NME, however, what I do find annoying is when people ONLY listen to stuff in there. Bands like The Bravery and The Others would be in a hole somewhere if they hadn't been mentioned in the NME as the "new thing", and frankly, the world would be a much better place without these two particular offenders.fair enough, but you have to realise that not everyone is that media-savvy and they tend to stick with what they hear from the mainstream press. It's better than nothing

Quoth Badger_King: generally much more intelligent than you.nice try, but no. You sure are being pretty snide to someone who's partially agreeing with you

Redigerad av beej den 29 apr 2005, 02:44
  • Re: beej......

Quoth Badger_King:
    Bloc Party, who are fucking cool, write beasting tunes, and are generally much more intelligent than you.

Bloc party are a lot of things.

This, however, is not one of them.

• beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 apr 2005, 03:10

Re: Re: beej......

Quoth eastcoasttodd:
    Bloc party are a lot of things.

This, however, is not one of them.

• No I can't. I'm deadly serious.

R.I.P. superdrags cause.

-nothings real, nothing matters
  • ????

• Re: Re:  

Quoth eastcoasttodd:
    Superdrag wrote:
    I understand the ironic nature of this thread.

No. No you don't.

Lastly lastly:In my defense, I know you are going to rail on me for defending myself. I welcome this.

But fuck, you are so close!

YOU CAN DO IT.

you seem to like shaking things up with negativity don't you? what a great medium internet is , to get rid of your frustrations isn't it!
    I'd say lets get the positivity back here, that's so much better!

• Re: Re: Re:  

Quoth blackcherrypie:
    I'd say lets get the positivity back here, that's so much better!

This thread is not about positivity.

This thread is about bullying people based on their taste, even if it is actually pretty good.

Look at the topic. If the topic is something that you don't like, go to a different thread.

• since when is rating a negative thing, you never thought about the fact one could actually be nice about someone's profile huh?
    I guess we live in different realities.

and don't tell me what threads I should or should not open or reply to, young man!!

Redigerad av blackcherrypie den 1 maj 2005, 11:46
  • blackcherrypie, you have a very cool taste in music (not sure about patrick wolf and anthony and the johnsons though...) i particularly like doves and adam green. well done. have a smily face. :)

• I like to think that people here are comfortable enough with their own taste that they don't need someone else to tell them that they are cool. Is that wrong?

Plus, posts that consist of "you listen to good music" and not much else are pretty boring. I don't want to read someone telling me that I have good taste when they could be insulting me in an hilarious manner.

• Fair enough. Less DFA 1979, more RADIOHEAD !!! Also, The Arcade Fire aren't up to the hype really, sort it out, ya freak.

Was that better?

• Yeah.

Now, give it a completely arbitrary number.

Also, I get to yell about how I was listening to the arcade fire in 2003.

• beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 maj 2005, 06:46

Re:

Quoth eastcoasttodd:

Also, I get to yell about how I was listening to the arcade fire in 2003.

no carz go grrl

• Re:  

Quoth Badger_King:
    blackcherrypie, you have a very cool taste in music (not sure about patrick wolf and anthony and the johnsons though...) i particularly like doves and adam green. well done. have a smily face. :)

I was just thinking, sometimes bands appear in my profile that aren't really my taste at all, but you get pushed by friends who say come one, you must love this! so then I go and listen to something on and on, still not liking it, but it appears in my list anyway.this happened to me with the band south.I still don't like them yet they appear in my list as if I would. and about Antony, well I was going to see his gig during a festival and I wanted to know the songs a bit, so I listened to them a lot, and I really enjoyed the gig, however, I don't play the album for fun a lot, to be honest.
    Patrick Wolf on the other hand... in 2 weeks time he managed to get on nr 6 in my toplist!! I am obsessed with his records. what don't you like about him??

• I just haven't heard that much of his stuff.... Thus i am not sure what to think.

• well get to listen then!!!
    this link will give you a chance to listen to the gig I've been to recently http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/festivals/news/full.jsp?portal=2534202&event=21901707&type=-1&news=22052725
    but on album his sound is more electronical, so two total different sounds, don't know which one you will prefer.
    that is, if you like it at all :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.