• 26 apr 2005, 00:28
    pity

• dthtvwls sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 apr 2005, 00:54
    Your words fail to move me.

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

Guys! We should save the seeds and make marijuana popcorn! Potcorn!!!
    • kiso sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 apr 2005, 02:36

Re:

Quoth dthtvwls:
    Your words fail to move me.

ditto.

I want some proof.

• Hey come one people. You are losing focus. There have been no ratings given in over a page.

WE ARE STRONGER THAN THIS.

• KISO: Your profile is pretty ok. If it were larger (what? fewer than 1k songs? BORING) I might even say that you have decent taste. BUT I'M TOO MUCH OF AN ELITIST FOR THAT. SO THERE.

Um, numbers...I don't know. dfa1979, t. rex, stars, magnetic fields are all pluses. The beatles are too easy - you need an excuse for their high ranking.

I was going to give you a 6 or 7 at this point.

BUT NO: PARIS FUCKING COMBO

YOU WIN.

well, enough for an 8.

• kiso sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 apr 2005, 04:07
    I saw them live last year with whor--dancers from the Moulin Rouge.

• dthtvwls sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 apr 2005, 05:35
    eastcoasttodd you are alright.

8.5 by the way, I like Rachel's and Hawksley Workman.

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

• well, my avatar should probe that, while I may look slightly like a 12 year old girl, I don't quite fit the description.

and...i'm not an elitist...because...well I am fairly attuned to the fact that taste is relative and to rate it is retarded...already i've seen people look for such factors as obscurity and predictability with their ratings, which is pretty ridiculous.

and i don't bitch when I see annoying scene sluts wearing bright eyes pins in the record store (the true sign of an elitist)

-nothings real, nothing matters
  • SUPERDRAG: I'm confused now.

and i don't bitch when I see annoying scene sluts wearing bright eyes pins in the record store (the true sign of an elitist)

Of course, since you are not an elitist, you don't like bright eyes, even though you don't bitch about it. OH WAIT. #7.

(This is OK, for reals. The guy has some skill.)

PROBLEMS IN YOUR PROFILE

1. BLOC PARTY are a sometimes food. Yeah, they have some good songs. But not a #8 profile slot good songs - especially as they don't really show up in your top songs list, so you are just listening to the whole thing.

2. OASIS, FOO FIGHTERS, etc. Clearly, this is Not OK. Well, maybe it's not that clear. Not really clear at all. BUT CLEAR ENOUGH. BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ELITISM, whether you like it or not.

3. Blah blah blah. I had something to write here but I forgot.

What it comes down to is this: It looks like you are OK with listening to whatever you damn well want. If you weren't so freakin' insecure about being branded elitist/a hipster/whatever the hell it is these days (and yeah, it's totally OK to be a hipster again now. Come on - it's not 2004 anymore!)

That was not a sentence. Sorry.

If you weren't so insecure about that, I would say that you are unafraid to make a statement with what you listen to (and you seem to have a pretty good idea about the kind of stuff that you do like, which is good), especially given the context of audioscrobbler. However, it seems clear to me that you misunderstand fundamentally not only the post-ironic nature of a thread like this in particular, but also the greater concepts at work behind the Performance that is Audioscrobbler.

More than this, you fundamentally misunderstood the critique leveled at your statements by folk like dthtvwls.

Within the context of the Audioscrobbler Performance, these elements become inseparable from your actual listening habits - they become one and the same with your profile. If you cannot explain your tastes, at least in this context, then your tastes are by definition poor.

You get a 4/10, with plenty of room for improvement.

• PS: You can start your improvement by being a bit more pretentious.

It's pretty fun.

• beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2005, 02:28

Re: to the beej

Quoth Badger_King:
    lots of words

I just find it immature and silly to hate a band because they are hyped by the music press. I don't like the killers because I think they suck, not because they were in NME. And every now and then NME manages to hype something that's deserving.

the same thing happens with pitchforkmedia.com, people will love something (like the arcade fire) until suddenly it gets a 9.7 and then it's 'overrated gash'.

• beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2005, 02:30

Re:

Quoth eastcoasttodd:
    1. BLOC PARTY are a sometimes food. Yeah, they have some good songs. But not a #8 profile slot good songs - especially as they don't really show up in your top songs list, so you are just listening to the whole thing.

you really cant call people out on that, especially with over 300 listens to franz ferdinand on your profile

• Re: Re:

Quoth beej:
    you really cant call people out on that, especially with over 300 listens to franz ferdinand on your profile

This is perhaps true.

Except that, as a pretentious asshole, I can choose to ignore this.

Alternately, I could argue that FF are simply a better band. I'm not attacking bloc party on any publicity-oriented grounds, where this comparison works best. I simply find them inconsistent.

The drums in "banquet" are pretty amazing, though.

• eastcoasttodd - 9/10

Everything is great except for !!!, but I don't really dislike them, they're just the weakest on the list.

• dthtvwls sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2005, 04:19
    eastcoasttodd, I'd go gay for you right now.

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

• kiso sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2005, 04:59

Re:

Quoth dthtvwls:

Hmm. You're willing to do that an awful lot.

• drmrx sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2005, 08:25
    your avatar owns, and I pretty much like what you are listening now, im not in that phase right now but I do too listen to that kind of music when in the mood.music taste is like seasons change too fast.
    I give you 8.2/10

• dthtvwls sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2005, 14:47

Re: Re:

Quoth kiso:
    Quoth dthtvwls:

Hmm. You're willing to do that an awful lot.

really I just think it's a funny expression.

"le sigh"

or

"BUT WHY"

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

• dthtvwls sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2005, 14:50
    butiamgay

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

• dthtvwls sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 apr 2005, 14:55
    whuh i mean no i am not

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

• Thanks, I guess.

But please, people. There is way too much positivity in this thread.

• kiso sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2005, 00:23

Re: Re: Re:

Quoth dthtvwls:
    really I just think it's a funny expression.

"le sigh"

or

"BUT WHY"

well, I wasn't serious. Though man on man action is hot.

• beej sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 apr 2005, 02:28

Re:

Quoth eastcoasttodd:
    Thanks, I guess.

But please, people. There is way too much positivity in this thread.

true but that's because no one with nofx has posted yet

• In respoonse to eastcoasttodd:

1. You have way too much time on your hands, but there's nothing wrong with that, because I do to.

2.I never said I didn't like Bright Eyes, in fact, I really like most everything that he has ever done/been involved with (except when he spilled his whiskey sour on my favorite shirt)

3. I could see why you think that I am insecure about being an elitist. I probably am. I have been discouraged by so many fucking assholes who have picked apart my taste in music because it didn't fit their standards and I wouldn't ever want to do the same to anyone else. Music isn't a competition and it is ridiculous to think of it as such.

4. I listened to the Silent Alarm maybe 1.25 times. It was alright. Nothing spectacular.

5. It would really be hard to judge my taste by audioscrobbler. I am not on my computer as much as I'd like to be.

I'm sick of numbers...

I understand the ironic nature of this thread. I understand that pretentious comments are the essence of shit like this. That doesn't bar me from my contempt for such banter.
    Lastly...I don't like Oasis, my girlfriend does...and listens to them...a lot...on my profile.
    However...I do like one album by the Foo Fighters...namely The Colour and the Shape.

Lastly lastly:In my defense, I know you are going to rail on me for defending myself. I welcome this.

-nothings real, nothing matters
    Redigerad av superdrag den 28 apr 2005, 21:01
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.