If you have questions, comments, ideas about iPodScrobbler...

• Jaggo sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 nov 2007, 23:34
    Yeah, probably.

• krudsma sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 apr 2008, 03:23

Some help, please

I'm just a little confused on how the script works. I'm a n00b at cmd, so I need some help.

I installed Python23, I downloaded iPodScrobbler.py to my Desktop, opened cmd, typed in "cd Desktop" (no quotes), typed in "C:/Python23/python" (quotes included) iPodScrobbler.py -u krudsma -p ******** <Ipod_Drive_G>

I then got the message "The syntax of the command is incorrect."

Now, I probably fucked that up somewhere, as I typed it all in one line. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to type what. Also, I didn't know what I should put in the <>, because the read me said <iPod_Drive_Letter>.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• gzur sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2008, 11:25

Do I need to sync with iTunes?

Hi there,

I use Winamp as my way of dealing with my iPod - since I hate iTunes with a fervor only equalled by my love of Winamp.

Is there some way to scrobble my iPod tracks without syncing with iTunes?

I'm not looking for work, but I wouldn't say no to a Pacific Rim job.
    • krudsma sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2008, 20:58
    Download Yamipod. I just figured it out a few weeks ago, and it works great. You have to set up the last.fm function first, but basically you just connect your iPod, open Yamipod, then go to Tools>Advanced>Last.fm>Advanced Tab> Send. Easy, takes like 30 seconds total.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/downloads/&sa=X&oi=smap&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&usg=AFQjCNH-1v7K2wouKm_E9TGkdvDICQrOyQ

• Jaggo sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jul 2008, 09:59

Re: Some help, please

krudsma said:
    I'm just a little confused on how the script works. I'm a n00b at cmd, so I need some help.

I installed Python23, I downloaded iPodScrobbler.py to my Desktop, opened cmd, typed in "cd Desktop" (no quotes), typed in "C:/Python23/python" (quotes included) iPodScrobbler.py -u krudsma -p ******** <Ipod_Drive_G>

I then got the message "The syntax of the command is incorrect."

Now, I probably fucked that up somewhere, as I typed it all in one line. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to type what. Also, I didn't know what I should put in the <>, because the read me said <iPod_Drive_Letter>.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lol, delayed response.

You were doing well ok there, but the ipod_drive part should have been just "G:" or "D:" or "F:", wherever your iPod is.
    Without the quotes.
    Hth.

• Jaggo sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jul 2008, 10:01

Re: Do I need to sync with iTunes?

gzur said:
    Hi there,

I use Winamp as my way of dealing with my iPod - since I hate iTunes with a fervor only equalled by my love of Winamp.

Is there some way to scrobble my iPod tracks without syncing with iTunes?

Use this script, only make sure you delete the playcounts file each time.

• Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the script, I just scrobbled my first track on it! Quite an elegant little solution.

• mfrac sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 aug 2008, 02:23

Run script on iPod connect?

Been using this script for awhile, I find that it's the easiest way to do what it does, especially in linux. I am wondering if there is a way to make it run automatically when I connect my iPod.

Similar to how my media player starts automatically when I insert a cd or connect my pod, is there a simple method to have ipodscrobbler automatically run in the terminal?

Anyone have any ideas?

• hanabira sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 sep 2008, 09:11

Help?

Hi, another noob here.. I installed Python 25, but when I try to run iPodScrobbler on cmd it tells me "The syntax of the command is incorrect".

I typed cd Desktop, hit enter, and typed "C:\Python25\python" iPodScrobbler.py -u hanabira -p ******** <G:>

I tried entering everything in one line as well (without hitting enter) but I got the same error.

Can anyone help?

• I don't know much about windows commandlines any more, but I'd imagine that you need the whole thing on one line, without quotes.

The name of the command is presumably:

C:\Python25\python\iPodScrobbler

but I'd suggest that you add that directory to your path (an environment variable that tells your CLI where to look for programs). A quick summary is here:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

That way, you could run the command just by typing the:

iPodScrobbler -u ...

bits. HTH.

to beard or not to beard, that is the question
    • Hsu sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 23 dec 2008, 17:06
    "there type "cd Desktop" (assuming the script is on your desktop)" What script?

"now run "C:\Program Files\Python23\python" iPodScrobbler.py -u username -p password <iPod_Drive_Letter>" What ipodscrobbler.py?

• weasel8 sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2008, 08:51
    Well done! I have to admit I was not expecting this to work on the first run on my Linux system, but it certainly did. Thanks a lot for a fantastic tool; my hat goes off to you.

• weasel8 sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2008, 08:58

Re: Help?

hanabira said:
    Hi, another noob here.. I installed Python 25, but when I try to run iPodScrobbler on cmd it tells me "The syntax of the command is incorrect".

I typed cd Desktop, hit enter, and typed "C:\Python25\python" iPodScrobbler.py -u hanabira -p ******** <G:>

I tried entering everything in one line as well (without hitting enter) but I got the same error.

Can anyone help?

Remove the carats from <G:> so that it's just G:.

• help!!

Do i specifically need python23? or can i use 2.6.1? all i see is people keep using python23. i really dont know. please help. :D

• !!

how come on my itunes, on edit-preferences, there isnt any iPod tab where there should be one.

• I did everything correctly, but I seem to be getting a syntax error from somewhere in the middle of the script. The carat points to the URL on line 83.

—Sir William, the Valiant and Mighty
    • makseg sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 feb 2010, 09:07
    CygnusHyperion said:
    I did everything correctly, but I seem to be getting a syntax error from somewhere in the middle of the script. The carat points to the URL on line 83.

I has a same trouble... on Pythone31,

use Pythone23 ! the way it is

• vworping sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 dec 2010, 17:05
    What if the iPod doesn't become visible as a harddrive? I have the newest version of iTunes (Mac) and there dosen't seem to be a 'use iPod as harddrive' option anywhere. All I could find was 'manually manage music and videos' option, which another how-to said was the same thing. But... it's not coming up as a harddrive. It seems that enabling the iPod for disk use is no longer an option with the newer software, either. Aaaagh.

• Where do I download iPod Scrobbler???

This may sound silly, but where exactly do I download the actual content of iPod scrobbler (the program)? I clicked on the first hyperlink entitled "audioscrobbler" but it redirected me to just the lastfm.com homepage...odd. I downloaded the python software for Windows 7, so that's done...but I can't seem to actually download the iPod Scrobbler software.

Is there an alternate link or did I just not look carefully enough? Any help would be well appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dave

• Another unsupported scrobbler

No activity since 2011. But I'll mention anyway: with Python2.6, under Windows, exception thrown:

File "M:\Projects\MediaMonkey\iPodScrobbler.py", line 390, in ReadSongInfo
    (total_length,)=struct.unpack('<L',bigstring[ i+8:i+12])
    struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4

--- later ---
    The problem is not the Python version, it's the iPod version; Nano6G's iTunesDB file is zero-bytes long, it uses the newer iTunesCDB instead. From reading around, this appears to the file used for all current iPods (including iPhone and Touch) and so this script is not much use anymore.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.