favorite songs

• favorite songs

[zek_rahman suggested that there be a new thread to discuss songs in. nobody went ahead and made one, so here it is.]

to start off:

I'd have to say that El Mark is my all time favorite Glassjaw song. Ry Ry's Song, Piano, and Radio Cambodia all fall somewhere around second place. I can't think of any good reason why. those are just my favorites.

as far as HA goes, The Razor wins. hands down.

discuss!

• OUemoboy sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2006, 05:00
    my favorite song is by far motel of the white locust...

(pack your shit and leave)

• [and take my memories of her with you.]

• two tabs, if i had to choose one. pure power... the climax of W&T I'd say.

SAAIIILOORRRR'S SCEENTTTTT

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jun 2006, 11:22
    Yeah, first of all: best thread ever. ;)

When it comes to "W&T", "Two tabs of mescaline" is definitely my favorite too. Incredible how unhealthy he strains his voice in the sailor scent part. Nevertheless, it's a damn hard decision. "Stuck pig" and "Cosmopolitan bloodloss" are also incerdible songs. Did anyone found out how many guitarparts they put in the bridge of cosmo. Awesome.

Another, not really "the favorite" but important Song for me is "pretty lush". First Song i heard of Glassjaw. Scared and totally blown away. Only three words come to mind: love at first-sight. ;)

• Siberian Kiss

I don't care if it's 'popular', it's popular for a damn good reason.

Also, if we're working on HA as well, I'll take "The Razor" with you, though "Nowhere Fast" is really, really catchy.

"I'm only working here 'cause I need the fucking money!"
  • Re:

Quoth lotsofgoats:
    Siberian Kiss

I don't care if it's 'popular', it's popular for a damn good reason.

Couldn't agree more.

Would have to say Ry Ry's song would just pip in to post in my top list, though Pretty Lush comes highest in the list on overall tracks -intriguing.

• mmm... they're all so good!

on EYEWTKAS i'd go with When One Eight Becomes Two Zeros OR... Piano.

on W&T i'll say Gilette Cavalcade, hands down.

HOWEVER, currently, my favorite song is the live version of Star Above My Bed from their August, 2005 show @ The Downtown. Star Above My Bed is just so badass..

• i love all the songs of GJ but in this moment, my favorites are Siberian Kiss, Black Coffee and Stuck Pig!
    :D

P.S. i'm brazilian and my english is too bad :S

• stuck pig, two tabs, sometimes secret song if you're in the right mood, which is why i love the fact its after hotel of the white locust, so after hating women you can say sorry. its brilliant.

• Anaiyak sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jul 2006, 05:31
    Piano, last kiss and cosmopolitan blood loss.

Finally a screamo band that actually sound good :D

• Best?

The best song has to be either Babe, or when one eight becomes two zeros.

"Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice"
  • I like ry ry's song.

• Majour

The Gillette Cavalcade of sports

Pretty Lush

Tip Your Bartender

Lovebites and Razorlines

Radio Cambodia

• GJ - "ape dos mil" and "must've run all day"...
    HA - "Solid Gold Telephone"

Sorry that i've become such a monster.
    • Användare
    • 30 aug 2006, 17:45
    Stuck Pig, Ape Dos Mil, and It Must've Rained All Day

• come to think of it, EYEWTKAS [the song] is pretty freaking amazing as well. it gets painful to listen to, and I like that.

• rekluz sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 aug 2006, 01:21
    MUST'VE HAVE RUN ALL DAY!! dope drumming and sick bass

• Användare
    • 31 aug 2006, 14:45
    Nice to see, how many name "Must've run all day". This is a really, really good Song. Especially in the last month, i really learned to like this Song a lot.
    First i disliked the fact, that he seems to be connected with "Stuck pig", but i guess the meaning behind it makes it clear.
    Anyway, we should open up a new thread like "Songmeanings". ;)

Hm, its so weird and cool at the same time. After all these years, i still can figure out something new in almost each Song. Like this kind of Choir at the end of "Trailer Park Jesus". Stunning every i listen to it.
    Okay, don't want to talk too much. ;)

• anyone here like Black Coffee?

in other news, I notice that, too. hear something new each time, even though I have clasically trained ears.

• Användare
    • 13 feb 2007, 23:25
    My favorite is Losten

• Lovebites and razorlines.

"You live in shit and you will eat your own way out"
    Classic.

• El Mark... superb song

• AH! I can't pick just one song, they all have a special meaning to me.

• El Mark is my most played on iTunes... so whatever that means. All Glassjaw is amazing.

I had a dream the other nice that I saw them live (twice!). I'm pretty sure it was back-to-back days at the Warped Tour because it was outside. Anyways I was flying during their set, it was pretty cool :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.