2008: New releases so far?

• 2008: New releases so far?

So what are your highlights amongst 2008 releases?

I am deadly stuck in the new Elbow, Spiritualized, Portishead and M83 recently.
    Anyone?

Drinking, In order to feel
    Thinking, Reinventing the wheel
  • Thomas Brinkmann's When Horses Die is very good.
    It's also darker than the deepest sea!!

Also digging Sun Kil Moon's April, She & Him and Claro Intelecto.

• Thomas Brinkmann; added to the 'must to check' list. Cheers for the heads up.
    I didn,t know new Sun Kill Moon was out. Good news! I have been enjoying She & Him recently as well by the way.

• New Tindersticks is awfully depressive as usual. Enjoying it muchly.

• Bon Iver. There's something about an artist who records an album holed up in a cabin in the woods of Wisconsin.

The music is wonderful. Soft, haunting and lonely.

-doreen

"Not everything which makes us feel better is good for us. Not everything which hurts may be bad." - Alain de Botton
  • I was thinking to check out "For Emma, Forever Ago" but I am absolutely determined now to do so after reading your article about Bon Iver. Cheers!

• The new Seven Mile Journey album (www.myspace.com/thesevenmilejourney), "The Metamorphosis Project" really blew me away. But aside from the new Elbow and My Brightest Diamond, 2008 hasn't had much that really wowed me yet. Most of the albums getting most of the hype have bored me to tears, but alas, that comes with getting old.

"Truly to sing, that is a different breath."

--Rainer Maria Rilke

• I haven't checked new My Brightest Diamond yet. Didn't even know there is a new release. Will be looking into it.
    Peter Broderick - Float is recommended to those instrumental diggers. And very curious about the new Kayo Dot by the way.

• Album of the year so far: The Daysleepers - Drowned In a Sea of Sound!!! (yes, three exclamation marks)

Beyond awesomeness, pure gazing, dreamy noise and all that. Been hooked so bad. Recommended earnestly.

• Lotte Kestner -China Mountain; awesome, .
    Autumn's Grey Solace - Ablaze; very good.

Qntal and Audrey's new albums are also great

Ladytron and Madrugada's new ones are pretty nice as well...

I am leader of: the Ethereal music group; the Darkwave Music group and the Faith And the Muse group.
    Suspicious food taster at:
  • I have been enjoying Ablaze quite much recently.
    And I had no idea about Audrey releasing new stuff. Thanks for the post. I shall check them all out.

• I am also liking Sun Kil Moon's April. A lot of fans don't like, especially the ones who were expecting something on par with Mark Kozelek's past works but I will basically love anything he puts out. Sure its not as good as Old Ramon, but what is?

• April added to the list. How bad it could be anyway? ;-)

By the way, Her Name Is Calla's new release; The Heritage is MINT! Anyone?

• shelby87 sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jun 2008, 15:50
    One of my favorite albums in this year is definetly Tears Run Rings' new stuff "Always, Sometimes, Seldom, Never"

July Skies' new album "The Weather Clock" is not good as their first but deserves some attention anyway.

• Always, Sometimes, Seldom, Never is truly great. Nice call, Shelby! And welcome aboard!

• I'm in love with these wonderful new releases:
    Balmorhea - Rivers Arms
    Rudi Arapahoe - Echoes From One to Another
    Flёur - Эйфория - My favorite for this year so far ^^

• Rivers Arms is fantaboulastic indeed!

Jeting off to check Flёur, now.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 okt 2008, 21:56
    M-Sphere - Floating
    Subheim - Approach

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.