Detroit techno

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 06:41

Detroit techno

I've been on a Detroit techno and electro kick and whilst I have all your electro from your old mediafire Kwta, my Detroit techno is lacking. I have...

UR - Revolution For Change
    Juan Atkins - 20 Years Of Metroplex
    Robert Hood - Minimal Nation and Omega
    Derrick May - Innovator

I want anything by Kevin Saunderson and early Jeff Mills if anyone has anything, plus any other Detroit techno classics?

• Get the Faces & Phases compilation from Saunderson its basically his version of Innovator, from Jeff Mills get the Waveform Transmissions, also get some Carl Craig, like Elements 1989-1990 he made under the name Psyche / BFC, which i think is his most straight up second wave Detroit stuff, you could also try his stuff he made under Paperclip People which is a sort of Detroit techno/electro blend. Also some early Hawtin, maybe Dimension Intrusion he made under the name F.U.S.E. or the first couple of Plastikman releases, anything up to and including Musik basically. As a personal favorite, get DJ Rolando's Jaguar, my single favorite Detroit techno track ever.

• Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 11:13
    Found 'em all, cheers NAU

• lil__ sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 11:48
    I'd get The Art of Connecting (with my favourite track - Gamma Player) or Purpose Maker Compilation from Mills and Richie Hawtin - Decks, EFX & 909 compilation too.

• i was going to recommend Decks, EFX & 909 as it is my favorite DJ mix of all time, but by that point, Hawtin was far closer to minimal techno after all those releases on Tresor and whatnot.

• lil__ sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 12:35
    NameAlreadyUsed pisze:
    i was going to recommend Decks, EFX & 909 as it is my favorite DJ mix of all time, but by that point, Hawtin was far closer to minimal techno after all those releases on Tresor and whatnot.

It's far closer to detroit than minimal imo and ofc it ends up with dub techno. Hawtin moved to minimal side a bit later.

• anyway he should still download that mix as it is really good

• Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 16:06
    Wait, which mix is this?

Decks, EFK & 909?

• yeah

• Kwta sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 17:32
    some more names for ya to check Turny:

Daniel Bell – Blip, Blurp, Bleep: The Music Of Daniel Bell
    Blake Baxter – Dream Sequence
    Octave One – The Living Key
    Urban Tribe – The Collapse Of Modern Culture
    Claude Young – Patterns The Album

also to add to what NAU said about Hawtin/Plastikman - his split work with Daniel Bell is great if you're wondering how minimal techno started. Also today I'll upload what I got from UR label and I'll link you to it... but that will have to wait for later.

You might stop the party, but you can't stop the future
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 18:22
    Cheers Mike, I'll dig those out whilst I'm waiting.

• Kwta sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 maj 2012, 20:06
    ntw23 -> techno catalogue

• Användare
    • 16 maj 2012, 14:13
    What?

• i think he means that his mediafire account has those albums

• Användare
    • 16 maj 2012, 14:19
    Aha, so it does.

>all those folders

You going on an upload spree?

• Kwta sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 maj 2012, 14:29
    naw, thats what left after the mediafire cleanse.

• Användare
    • 16 maj 2012, 14:51
    Wankers.

Cool, I'll grab 'em all thank you

• Användare
    • 17 maj 2012, 21:14
    This Interstellar Fugitives is great, I had it before and lost it somewhere along the lines so much appreciated for uploading it Mike, its awesome.

• yeah its obviously the superior UR album

• lettusc sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 maj 2012, 02:27
    Ah, i was just about to make some of this. Is there anything more like Dopplereffekt? Like Detroit Techno with heavy Cyberpunkish themes? I would like more

• Kwta sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 maj 2012, 10:44
    ? Dopplereffekt was always (true) electro Chaos, and on that everything drexciyan qualifies:

Drexciya
    Arpanet
    Elecktroids
    LabRat
    L.A.M. (Life After Mutation)
    Abstract Thought
    Der Zyklus
    Zerkalo
    Zwischenwelt

after that you have drexciyen family:

Ultradyne/Vidrio
    Sherard Ingram/DJ Stingray/Stingray 313
    Aux 88

and after that acts inspired by drexciya:

guys from Minimal Rome label (Composite Profuse, Teslasonic, Kobol Electronics, Zeta Project, etc.)
    guys from Stilleben label (Luke Eargoggle, Impakt, VCS2600, The Consumer, Rutherford, etc.)
    and last but not least Transient Force (DVS NME, AS1, -=UHU=-, KAN3DA, Das Muster, Galaxian, etc.)

good luck.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.