Problem - "Can't find history file"

• Problem - "Can't find history file"

"10/02/2008 11:33:06 org.lastpod.History read
    WARNING: Can't find history file"
    :/ what's happening?

• neonnoir sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 feb 2008, 19:39
    The same thing is happening to me too. I've checked the password and typed the address for iTunesDB just as I've found here, and tried a million different alternatives but no luck. Any help, appreciated.

• did you have itunes on bc if u have itunes on it will clear the playcounts

• Re: Problem - "Can't find history file"

chisaimai said:
    "10/02/2008 11:33:06 org.lastpod.History read
    WARNING: Can't find history file"
    :/ what's happening?

Lastpod creates it's own history file on your iPod, which allows it to "remember" what songs it has submitted to last.fm. Not sure why this error is occurring. Does it happen every time you run Lastpod?

• I also HAD this... I thought it would make problems with scrobbeling. Two hours I had this error and I had it also when lastpod scobbeled my songs. After this the error didnt came anymore. I think its an error that comes only before the first scrobbeling is done.

• -

• bAzTNM sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 6 jun 2008, 01:08
    Also having bother with this. :(

Any ideas?

• After running Lastpod the first time it creates a file named "history.txt" in the directory iPod_Control\iTunes. Can you check for the existence of this file on your iPod?

Are you using iTunes, if so what version? I wonder if a newer version of iTunes is now deleting all foreign files in the iPod_Control\iTunes directory?

bAzTNM said:
    Also having bother with this. :(

Any ideas?

• x_SoNi_x sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 aug 2008, 17:16
    u should select ur ipod to DONT open Itunes when u conect the usb....than u go to preferences and browser ur DB file!!

its easy!xD

• Antidona sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 okt 2008, 19:40
    I'm having the same problem :(

• Antidona sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 okt 2008, 19:44
    =====LOG=====
    Can't find history file
    org.lastpod.parser.PlayCountsParser.parse(PlayCountsParser.java:127)
    org.lastpod.DbReader.parse(DbReader.java:88)
    org.lastpod.ModelImpl.parsePlayCounts(ModelImpl.java:118)
    org.lastpod.LastPod.load(LastPod.java:57)
    org.lastpod.LastPod$1.run(LastPod.java:69)
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error reading Play Counts Database.
    Have you listened to any music on your iPod recently?
    This can also be caused if you are running iTunes and you have it setup to automatically run iTunes when an iPod is detected.

• Antidona sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 okt 2008, 19:45
    christilden said:
    After running Lastpod the first time it creates a file named "history.txt" in the directory iPod_Control\iTunes. Can you check for the existence of this file on your iPod?

There's no history.txt file in my drive Q:\iPod_Control\iTunes

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 okt 2008, 18:51
    I'm having the same exact problem. Help us please!

• Same problem (no "history.txt" in the directory iPod_Control\iTunes).

Anyway, I use Banshee to sync my iPod shuffle coz there's no iTunes for Linux, should it work?

• Eadgyth sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jan 2009, 15:51
    ...the same thing around here... is there a way to create new "history.txt" file to replace that one that lastpod didn't create?...

...oh listen to them,
    the children of the night,
    what sweet music they make...
    • reass sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jan 2009, 20:47
    I've no "history.txt" and it works already. I think the playlist is the file that counts, because the size and the date was different to the last sync.

• Användare
    • 20 jun 2009, 21:52
    I also have this problem:

=====LOG=====
    Can't find history file
    org.lastpod.parser.PlayCountsParser.parse(PlayCountsParser.java:127)
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error reading Play Counts Database.
    Have you listened to any music on your iPod recently?
    This can also be caused if you are running iTunes and you have it setup to automatically run iTunes when an iPod is detected.

I have a 5th Gen 30GB video iPod and I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. There is no "history.txt" in my iPod directory G:\iPod_Control\iTunes, which is where the iTunesDB file is located. In addition, my iPod (which is manually managed, btw) is NOT set to open iTunes when it's connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• sieni- sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 aug 2009, 17:50
    =====LOG=====
    Can't find history file
    org.lastpod.parser.ItunesDbParser.parse(ItunesDbParser.java:122)
    org.lastpod.DbReader.parse(DbReader.java:85)
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error reading iTunes Database

I have disabled the option to run iTunes automatically when iPod is connected. There IS "history.txt" file in iPod_Control\iTunes, but I still get the error message every time..

shout when you wanna get off the ride.
    • Heisimmo sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 nov 2009, 11:17
    Make sure you have set the location of iTunesDB correctly. Go to Preferences->iPod and make sure the directory is right, especially see if it has the right drive(C:,D:,E:,G:,I:...) Mine was set to G: but the iPod was in I:. Correct this and it should work, at least it helped me.

• Any solutions at all to this problem, I too am having this issue!!

• I had the problem as well, and for me it was coming from LastPod having the wrong path for my Ipod, saying it was E: instead of G:, so the location of the Itunes Database was wrong. So just changing that path helped, and even gave me the option to scrobble songs from before when it said 'Can't find history file.'

• =====LOG=====
    Can't find history file
    org.lastpod.parser.PlayCountsParser.parse(PlayCountsParser.java:110)
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Programming error, setTrackList() was never performed!

HELP PLEASE ... running a Ipod Nano 5th.... Since last.fm ipod scrobble isnt working properly I hoped this would... HELP!

it's more fun to compute
    • Användare
    • 21 jan 2011, 07:30
    I had the same problem. At first, there were no tracks to submit despite having all the settings correct. Then ran lastPod once again and everything worked properly. I suppose there is a thing about the first scrobbling..

• Anyone find a solution to this??

• infi1 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 feb 2012, 17:39
    Having fought with this for a couple of weeks I'm going to have to surrender. Apple probably altered the way iTunesDB works and that f-ed up something crucial for lastPod. And this project unfortunately looks dead and buried to me.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.