• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2011, 11:40

Reasons

Why does it suck?

Tracks aren't tagged as thoroughly as in iTunes or Foobar2000, and it's currently frozen while trying to show a visualization.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
    • c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jun 2011, 11:33
    Slow startup and blank library!
    Unhelpful page: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=262731

A different forum said to check task manager for an old instance of Winamp and kill it. Helped more than renaming the appdata plugins ml folder, i think.

The playlist also doesn't show the info of the media library since at least 2003:
    http://forums.shoutcast.com/showthread.php?t=159133

Playlist sorting is very limited.

(I guess i should give Foobar2000 another spin, now that i've auto-tagged and Replay Gained my music.)

No media library tooltips so one has to resize the column to view a single long title.

Track info and media library don't update at the same time.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
    • c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jun 2011, 13:27
    It failed to list some MP3s under Audio and i still can't delete files from the playlist.
    Also, the media library scrolls to top after deleting a file. Unforgivable.

*trying Foobar2000 again*

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jul 2011, 08:46
    Foobar2000 is still messy like Linux, but at least it doesn't have an update every week like Winamp.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jul 2012, 21:26
    "Messy like Linux"
    First off, It's GNU/Linux and I play my music using DeaDBeeF (It looks similar to Foobar2000). I have no problems at all so why don't you stop spreading false bullshit.

• c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 jul 2012, 09:56
    Explicitverb said:
    "Messy like Linux"
    First off, It's GNU/Linux and I play my music using DeaDBeeF (It looks similar to Foobar2000). I have no problems at all so why don't you stop spreading false bullshit.
    GNU is the org that wrote the Unixy add-ons with the long-ass confusing man pages. Linux is the kernel that didn't get chosen by Apple for OS X.

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 27 dec 2012, 16:21
    • c4t2007 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 aug 2012, 23:17
    GNU Project, then.

If only such pedantic zeal was applied to marketing, then GNU- er, GNU Project might become like Apple and "Linux" would be but a footnote to the almighty GNU. (Or does the kernel matter more to most programs than the bits of GNU that surround it?)

Anyway, most commercial players are styled by a professional designer and "foobar2000" (besides the hacky name, worse than "GNU/Linux") requires one to manually extract and/or overwrite files in a system folder to skin. Winamp at least uses proper capitalization for its more music-related name, looks pretty good by default, and changing its skin is as easy as doubleclicking a .wsz file.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.