• bweav89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 sep 2008, 16:19

fuck last.fm

Last.fm sucks, new, old, whatever. I don't use enough of the functionality to know how much it sucks, but you know what, it still sucks.

I've been on this site since 2004, a lot longer than most of you noobs. This is back when it was called AUDIOSCROBBLER and no one knew about it. Now every facebook FAG has a last.fm account, scrobbling a bunch of INDIE BULLSHIT.

You know why Audioscrobbler was better? It didn't look like a commercial piece of shit. And it had national charts, fucking kick ass. Last.fm doesn't. And for Last.fm I need to download and run a shitty program in order to scrobble. Well, not really, there are stand-alone plugins if you know where to look, but I like to 'Love' tracks so I use the program.

All in all both record my shit so I don't care.

Audioscrobbler is still cooler. Die newfags.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Flectarn sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 sep 2008, 16:29
    I've been on this site since 2004, a lot longer than most of you noobs

bweav89

Brandon, 19, Male, United States
    last.fm???Last seen: 7 minutes ago
    7599 plays since 28 Mar 2008

ah-huh

• bweav89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 sep 2008, 16:40
    http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:rfsfRlxlrlkJ:www.last.fm/user/Velvey/+last.fm/user/velvey&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

that's the cache of my deleted page.

QED?

• mkei sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 sep 2008, 16:59
    the worst thing about last.fm, is this shit thread.

• bweav89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 sep 2008, 17:04
    the worst thing about last.fm is your SHITE page and your SHITE taste in music.

• bweav89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 sep 2008, 17:11
    list of everything in your top 20 that sucks:

Jack Johnson
    The Libertines
    The Thrills (who????)
    The Strokes YAAWNNNNN
    The Rolling Stones are good, not 797 listens good. LOL
    Roots Manuva, you must really be an idiot.
    Blur? LOL
    Guy from Blur? LOL
    Cat Stevens? WHY?

everything else sucks too.
    they look like a bunch of boring indie rock bands.

YOU SUCK.

• Flectarn sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 sep 2008, 20:55
    bweav89 said:
    http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:rfsfRlxlrlkJ:www.last.fm/user/Velvey/+last.fm/user/velvey&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

that's the cache of my deleted page.

QED?

eh, comes up user not found, but I believe you

• mc08 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 sep 2008, 02:06
    Actually, that link does work; you just have to copy-paste the entire URL to your address bar.

Should I even be surprised he used to have a journal entry called “Last.fm makes me vomit sometimes.” dated July 15, 2006?

• bweav89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 sep 2008, 09:06
    what's even more surprising is this site got even worse since July 15th, 2006.
    now we're owned by CBS!

• bweav89 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 sep 2008, 09:12
    list of other shit that bothers me:

shoutbox big and shitty now. DOUBLES SIZE OF PAGE WHYYYYYYYY
    jukebox stupid and slow and useless. thats what artist pages are for newbs
    "recent activity" WHO CARES?????? IS THIS FACEBOOK?

• [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 23 nov 2013, 05:19
  • [spam]

[spam]

Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 23 nov 2013, 05:19
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 okt 2008, 21:25
    mkei said:
    the worst thing about last.fm, is this shit thread.

Nice one. High five!

• Användare
    • 25 nov 2008, 09:36

From your own Top 50

bweav89 said:
    The Rolling Stones are good, not 797 listens good. LOL

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony aren't 99 plays good, and The Offspring is only good for remembering being in junior high.

• epi fail ;)

• 160R sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 dec 2008, 17:01
    Yet no animated gifs back? No playlists available to play through Last.fm desktop software? Playlists yet cut to only 200 tracks? The need of open a new window for each song I want to play from the charts of an user or an artist? =(

What did Last.fm fix during all this time???

Don't know if last.fm sucks or not in 2004, I was happy with Last.fm until summer 2008, but now it sucks a lot. And what sucks more is the last.fm team doing nothing to fix it.

Can you enjoy ANY kind of music??
    JOIN THIS GROUP!
    • mkei sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 dec 2008, 11:28
    You really consider having animated gifs a big issue? :\ Although I had one myself, I can see how they can be pretty naff and myspacey, I wasn't disappointed when they were removed..

I don't think you've ever been able to play playlists on the desktop software .. that's obviously a decision last.fm has made and there must be reasoning behind it. Playlists cut to 200 tracks .. personally, it doesn't bother me in the slightest tbh, I don't really see the need for a playlist anywhere near that size.

The last point you made is probably the one I agree with most, I did rather like the embedded track playing, it seemed they brought it in with one version and out with the next. I can only assume there was some technical reason for it being removed, maybe it was caused problems on slower computers, I don't know but I definitely think they should look to bring that back.

• LOL.

There are reasons for some to like and for some to dislike last.fm.
    I don't think this is a proper subject for a debate, especially if the party against the website still uses this website.
    This is simply a matter of opinion, you cannot argue about something that is not supported by fact. Here, it is all relative - one person could like the new homepage while the other hates it, so you cannot use that as your argument. Your thesis would be merely your opinion, and it is a mere coincidence that there are other people in the world that agree with you. There could be the same amount (take the "bring back the old last.fm" group, for instance) of people who disagree, and you could never believe that you are actually not in the majority, more like plurality.

My point is, let us all be friends and not argue about our tastes in music or this website. If you don't like it at all, leave it. If you dislike some nuances, there are administrators and all sorts of services for complaints. If you like it, leave me a shout. :)

{cursed & diseased}
    • Användare
    • 5 maj 2009, 19:14
    boo

• [spam]

[spam]

vanISHing>>>poINt....*
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 11 dec 2010, 11:09
  • [spam]

[spam]

vanISHing>>>poINt....*
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 11 dec 2010, 11:09
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.