The most ridiculous argument you've ever heard

• The most ridiculous argument you've ever heard

What's the dumbest argument you've heard against being a vegetarian?

My favorite one is the notion that if we stopped eating cows we would be overrun with them. The argument is, eating cows is an act of self-defense.

• KneeLamb sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 nov 2009, 16:33
    hahaha..that's funny, eating cows is a form of self-defence. Well then why don't we eat up all the floating asylum seekers and neo-nazi's while we're at it?

A few favourites of mine are
    - you'll waste away beause you'll have no protein in your diet.
    - The animal wasn't ill or carrying any sort of disease when it was killed, so it's fine. It was healthy, so no harm to you.
    - But your diet must be so boring without meat! I mean, what do you eat? Almost everything i eat has meat in it.

Well done.

We're fruits of MY earth.
    • Amanesa sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 nov 2009, 18:05
    To be vegetarian is anorexia... That was the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

• KneeLamb said:
    hahaha..that's funny, eating cows is a form of self-defence.
    Yes, though I will mention now that that was my characterization of the argument. ;-D

If people were to stop eating cows then these bovines would continue to reproduce as they now are. Thus, we would soon find ourselves overrun with them. I mentioned how cows are a commodity that are only bred because humans believe they will make money off their lives. I compared it to coca-cola. If everyone was to boycott the drink the supply of it would soon dwindle to practically nothing. Nope! It was said that since cows reproduce, unlike soft drinks, they would continue to multiply. Two items of evidence was given: 1) there are places in he USA (which is where we both live) where deer do visibly impact on communities. I was recently on a vacation in New Mexico, at a place where deer do walk on the lawns and are seen all over the place... the people generally view it as being a good thing. It certianly helps with tourism. The most frequent complaint about it was that they said the deer sometimes attracted bears to too close a distance for their liking. But the entire deer issue was beside the point because bovines, unlike deed, do not live here in the wild. They are under complete human control. 2) In India the cows overrun the cities. I don't know how true this is actually, but once again it was a strawman of an argument since I am not saying that cows should be made sacred only that we refrain from eating them or using them in any other way. eh... it still has me mystified.

- But your diet must be so boring without meat! I mean, what do you eat? Almost everything i eat has meat in it. This one at least does contan a kernal of truth. It is very easy to eat meat in that every place you're likely to pass without going out of your way is likely to serve it. I have found my selection of food has increased tremendously since I stopped eating meat. This has something to do with my incredibly poor diet prior to becoming a vegetarian... but that gets back to the point of how "everything" has meat in it. I'd just stop at Burger King or whatever on my way home... pretty much every day.

I know my cooking skillz have since greatly improved!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2009, 00:32
    My parents told me that it's been God's will all along, the way things went so far and how they are supposed to keep on going, and nothing can interfere with the divinity's plan. /facepalm

• Användare
    • 29 nov 2009, 16:32

the lamest (and most used)

..."but the lion eats the gazelle!"

Totally lame. I "love" it when people like to sometimes compare themselves to animals when it's practical, but are oh so above them most of the time. So handy.

• filhouse sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 nov 2009, 04:16
    all of them

• Nickownz said:
    My parents told me that it's been God's will all along, the way things went so far and how they are supposed to keep on going, and nothing can interfere with the divinity's plan. /facepalm

if you're a religious person then that's not such a stupid idea though, that could easily be inferred from the bible if you read too far into it (like 99% of christians do).

I see what you mean though

probably the stupidest argument I have heard is "because we were meant to eat it" (it's an advertising campaign here). It's not really an argument as it is a statement of great subjectivity. it's like asking "why should I be christian" and someone replying "because you are meant to be"

• Användare
    • 14 dec 2009, 15:35

In defence of vegetarianism if hospitality is NOT your job

Lack of Protein arguement and the food tastes like lousy-I think our hockey farm teams must use soy as the off season crop because they are to strong and to tough to beat and they take a severve beating in the corners....cheers

• Aeysee sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 dec 2009, 16:07
    "Oh, but can't you just eat meat just this one time?"

Like, n-fucking-o.

STRESSED is nothing more than DESSERTS spelled backwards.
  • Hehe, when I was 12 my cousin asked me why I don't eat meat. Upon hearing my reply of 'I don't want to hurt an animal' my aunt proceeded to ask me why I was going to eat the potatoes on my plate just because I couldn't hear them scream or the fact that they didn't bleed when cut.

Not too bright, my aunt.

I shave to reduce IEM microphonics
  • i love ignorant people.
    their horizons go from the wallpaper to the wall...meh ._.

i usually ask the veg-haters, if they would eat a dog, because if id eat meat, id do it anytime, i mean, if you eat one, you can eat them all, killing is killing.

the best argument ever against that point was:

"but its a difference, when a dog looks at me like this *does cute dog-eyes* or a pig like this *does an ugly face and pulls his nose up* "

/rage.

• "we can't survive without meat! we're meant to eat it! you must be soo unhealthy!"
    um, i'm not dead and i'm way healthier than i was when i ate meat?
    also "U GUISE PETA STANDS FOR PEOPLE FOR THE EATING OF TASTY ANIMALS! AMIRITE? AMIRITE?"

but op's is way worse. i want to bang my head against a wall whenever i hear it.

Redigerad av cuntsaurus den 19 dec 2009, 12:06
  • Aeysee said:
    "Oh, but can't you just eat meat just this one time?"

Like, n-fucking-o.

UGH I HATE THIS.
    "we won't tell anyone, i promise!" :l

• My favourite was from a drunk guy trying to pick a fight with me:

Him: "You're destroying farming, man - vegetarian is bad for the economy and lack of money is making farmers like me and my dad kill themselves every week!"
    Me: "Good. You're murderers and you smell of shit."
    Him: " :O "

• Användare
    • 20 dec 2009, 19:25
    Oh my favorite one, it actually comes from my mom:

"Oh well, animals are there to be eaten, that's why God put them on earth".

Some others are:

"I feel sorry for you, you're an ignorant because you don't know how many proteines you're missing".

"Vegetarian? that's not eating".

• LSharpe sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 dec 2009, 00:55
    "One person isn't going to change anything."

Like stfu. I'm not doing it to start a world movement. It's a personal choice. I don't like the taste or where they come from nor do I feel comfortable eating something that was once alive.

Love is just a hoax so forget everything that you've heard.
    • Användare
    • 21 dec 2009, 10:53
    God.

• Nickownz said:

Apparently the "god excuse" is used for every fucking thing...
    I've heard plenty of retarded arguments like "vegetarians don't really live long healthy lives".

• someone once asked me what i drink because he thought i wouldn't be able to have juice or anything because it wasn't from a vegetable

straight edge? I'll drink to that!
    • Lysan_xD sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2009, 17:14
    "If we don't eat cows, they'll certainly dominate us. It's a survival question."

wtf.

• Lysan_xD said:
    "If we don't eat cows, they'll certainly dominate us. It's a survival question."

the words "batshit insane" come to mind

• Aeysee sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2009, 20:56
    When they give you something you don't like, basicly because you have never liked it and then they say: "Oh, but we made this JUST FOR YOOOUUU.."

STRESSED is nothing more than DESSERTS spelled backwards.
  • i almost forgot; one of the "best" arguments i got was that "eating meat is in our genes and we can't ever change that' :))

• My friend once said:
    "Well, if you don't eat the cow, somebody else is going to eat it, so there's no use in being vegetarian."

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.