What period do you like best?

• retuow sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 dec 2006, 18:59

What period do you like best?

1) the pre-Jackson period:

The Aerosol Grey Machine

2) the dark, brooding, heavy-progressive period:

The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other, H To He, Who Am The Only One and Pawn Hearts

3) the progressive, more song-driven period:

Godbluff, Still Life and World Record

4) the Van Der Graaf period:

The Quiet Zone/The Pleasure Dome and Vital

5) the 21st century period:

Present

(I don't know if 1) and 5) can be considered periods as such)

My favourite period is 2), I consider all albums of that period to be absolute masterpieces. Not easy to get into, but very rewarding!

• it depends on the mood I'm in, sometimes it's the second period sometimes the third. Considering that Still Life is my favourite album of all times, I would say that the third is my favourite one, but I must say that it may change in a minute because the second period is a superb one. So it really depends on my mood : Am I in a dark, twisted and creative mood or in a wise, philosophical, calm and again creative mood, that is the question !

• retuow sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 dec 2006, 20:56
    I agree with the dependency on the mood you're in.

Still Life is, as you rightly say, (one of) their best. I especially like "Childlike Faith In Childhood's End" and "La Rossa" off that album.

My absolute favourite remains Pawn Hearts, though...

• Eroocke sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 jan 2007, 18:40
    2 or 3.

My top favorites go 1. Pawn Hearts 2. Godbluff 3. Still Life 4. H to the He 5. Least We Can Do

So I might have to go with 2 because World Record isn't really that great, but the combo of Godbluff and Still Life oh man...

• The third one for me. The second is amazing too but my 2 favorite VdGG albums are Still Life and Godbluff, Still Life being my favorite album ever.

• My favorite 3 are - in descending order - Godbluff, Pawn Hearts, and Still Life. If I really had to choose I'd go for the 3rd period, but the 2nd comes veeeeeeery close!

I only know the meaning of sight and that's all, and..... that's NOTHING.
  • i'd definitely go for the 3rd period. the early stuff is great but godbluff and still life are in another league altogether. my third choice would probably be the quiet zone / pleasure dome or maybe pawn hearts.... i'd have to toss a coin. i dont like vital at all though.

the live bootlegs and vids from 2005 were superb.

• My fave is the second :)

Dies Irae, Dies Illa
    Solvet sæclum in favilla:
    Teste David cum Sibylla!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 dec 2011, 14:30
    3 + "H To He, Who Am The Only One" & "Pawn Hearts".

• Sura_94 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 feb 2012, 13:29

eh

Vital rules.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.