n810 issue solved

• eben01 sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 dec 2009, 00:35

n810 issue solved

Hi guys - I was using the older version of Vagalume (0.71) for the N810 with no issues - was prompted to upgrade to the 0.8 version. I found that this version didn't want to connect. Today, I noticed that there was an even newer version (0.81). It was only when this version didn't connect either that I started to investigate.

It turns out that I had to force the capitalization of my username to be lower case (eben01 rather than Eben01) - I don't remember having to do this on the old version,
    and all I did was an in place upgrade, so there's every chance the old version didn't care about the capital. In addition, the N810 tries to put a capital in at the start of the username box.
    I suspect that the people getting 'No Network Connection' on the new version might also be experiencing this.

If you're having an issue with 'No Connection' spend a second and check the capitalization on your username.

My thanks go out to the guys who make Vagalume - it truly is an awesome client!

K

--
    "There's no I in team, but there's 4 in 'Platitude Quoting Idiot'"
  • Re: n810 issue solved

eben01 said:
    It turns out that I had to force the capitalization of my username to be lower case (eben01 rather than Eben01) - I don't remember having to do this on the old version

Yes, that's because the new Last.fm API (used by v0.8) is pickier when checking user names. This has been fixed in v0.8.2

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.