How long?

• midgie sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jun 2006, 23:20

How long?

Here's a question - how long did it take you to get into VAST? Instantaneous love affair or a sudden realisation?

Me, I bought the first album on the strength of a Q review (one of the few albums I've ever done that for without hearing anything first). I listened to it a couple of times, thought, hmm OK.

Then I pretty much forgot about it for 4 years, had another listen and wham - it clicked. I bought Music for People that same night.

Kev

• Asphyxx sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jun 2006, 00:24
    I actually saw some lyrics from, "Pretty When You Cry" and fell in love with them. I found out later after using the lyrics on my MSN Messenger they were from VAST. So, I downloaded some songs &I was instantly hooked. I loved it. Been a huge fan &converting friends ever since. :D

• My friend just sent me Touched one night over AIM, and I instantly fell in love with VAST.

There are a lot of songs I like, but it's Touched that will always have that special place in my heart for getting me into the band. <3

• vnv1980 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2006, 09:31
    Same, I heard touched on Sydney's JJJ (music station) when the song/album was first released and fell in love with the song, that same day I went to the record store and picked up a copy!

I have fell in love with all the music they have ever released.

I ordered a complete demonstation and crimson/turquoise combined CD from 2blossoms but yet to receive them.

I (illegally) downloaded turquoise when it was first released, and some of the songs are different then what was actually released through 2blossoms which I later bought when I get a credit card. heh.

Now with 100% more signature.
    • RedDeath sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jul 2006, 12:47
    My boyfriend at the time (about 3 years ago) leant me the Visual Audio Sensory Theatre and well as you all seem to be saying 'I was hooked!' XD I listened to it all the time and my boyfriend didn't even tell me they had other albums so was overjoyed to discover all them and more music loveliness!

• there was a trailor for the movie "the beach" that had touched playing in the background. i remember seeing that when i was in 7th grade and had just discovered napster so i downloaded that song and some other stuff by them (i'm legal now).

i vaguely remember having a really hard time figuring out what the song was...all i had to go off of was the chorus of operatic wailing.

i loved it all right away and still love it 7 years later.

• sometime in 1999 a guy in the shop cd recommened the album to me, i bought it i loved it. Then i tried to convince everyone around me to listen to it.

I am a cluster 1 boy
    groups you should join
    Radioheads _Not_our_top_artist|Coldplay is not our top artist|Elliott
  • my friend showed me touched video and bam there it goes i adore it since then

• ...since the first time I've seen an AMV with Vast's Touched in it...to good... 3years ago

~...cruel is a matter of perspective...~
    • bmaes sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 nov 2006, 14:29
    Few years ago a friend of mine send me this track Touched and I thought "hm cool" and just listened to it once in a while. And 3 years later I got totally addicted.

Visual Audio Sensory Theatre.
    • l-Lyla-l sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 feb 2008, 18:29
    The first time I heard the band was in 2004 in the german movie "Sommersturm".
    The scene was pretty sad.
    The main character lost his best friend and then came some sort of flashback... with the song "Flames" in the background.
    Of course I bought the soundtrack and then I read "VAST - Flames".
    After that I wanted to buy more from this awesome band, but here in Germany the chance to get a CD in stores is 0.
    But I convinced my father to order "Nude" and "Visual Audio Sensory Theater" over the internet and yes...
    That was the beginning of a love story |DD'
    [*blather*]

• void__ sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 mar 2008, 22:13
    Im quite surprised no ones said this...

I discovered them through Angel. In the 2nd episode from the first season theres a scene with "Touched" on in the background. As soon as i heard it i thought it sounded great then made a priority of finding out the name of the song and who it was by. After that i got hold of the first album and been a fan ever since.

:D

• Last year, a friend sent me a recommendation for VAST's Dedicate (A Place For Me), and I went out and picked up the April CD. I was hooked and wanted more. Then bought Turquoise & Crimson. At first, I was surprised by T&C's different flavor and wasn't as thrilled with it as with April, but after a couple more listens, I was madly in love with T&C! I also really like the videos for "Free" and "Pretty When You Cry." So far, I haven't been able to locally track down Music for People, but get to hear tracks from it here on Last.fm. And I just learned about Jon Crosby And The Resonator Band ... gimme gimme!

• the first time i listened to a vast song, occurred when i was searching for new AMV's, and i ve found a vid called Rurouni Kenshi - Touched. I dled it and i loved the vid and the song.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. But im not sure about the former one.

Albert Einstein.
  • Back in the days of the advent of Napster (1999, 2000 maybe), I remember a couple VAST songs were on the computer, downloaded by my sister. I listened to all the songs on the computer then, but VAST was one of the bands that stood out and became a favorite over time.

I'm Jesus Christ on ecstasy
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 sep 2009, 17:53
    It was love at first listen

• Hutzpups sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 dec 2009, 23:15
    Maxxtroxx sagte:
    the first time i listened to a vast song, occurred when i was searching for new AMV's, and i ve found a vid called Rurouni Kenshi - Touched. I dled it and i loved the vid and the song.

same here^^
    The song and the vid were so great together that i just had to get that album.
    And it was definitely the right thing to do.

• I had been lurking around an art website and was reading the artist's comments on a particularly lovely fanart drawing of a manga character, and I saw that they were inspired to create their drawing by You. I looked up the video and my mind went numb. Been a fan ever since ^^

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.