Using BitTorrent on DHNet

• Using BitTorrent on DHNet

I'm a freshman at UF this year and I was wondering if anybody knows how to run BitTorrent software on their computer while using the school's network DHNet. I've always used BitTorrent to get all of my music and it's pretty shitty to have to just stop getting new music all of a sudden because of the fascist restrictions UF has on file sharing. Any help/tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Wow dude, if you like filesharing you sure picked the wrong university to live on campus at. Not only was UF one of the first schools to implement an anti-filesharing policy and software, its network security team has actually won national competitions.

However, you can try using protocol header encryption in uTorrent, Azureus or BitComet. There's also apparently a way to use Google as a proxy server for BT downloads, but don't ask me how it's done. In both of the above cases, your download performance is gonna far worse than if there were no restrictions.

My advice to you if you: move off campus and get Cox cable access. Works for me.

Windows 8.1 Professional // EAC | foobar2000 // FLAC Compression Level 8

• bummed it might have to come down to that but thanks for the help.

• Redigerad av Scandinavianblu den 12 aug 2008, 20:30
  • Fascist restrictions. That's funny.
    While the illegality might be part of it, the real reasons for restricting P2P are viruses and the amount of bandwidth it uses.

• did you figure out a way yet?

• If you guys want to torrent while on DHNet you can try services like imageshack has: http://tor.imageshack.us/tor/ . Really that's the only way if you don't have access to an FTP server, or don't have a remote connection off campus. If anyone needs help or whatever my AIM is PLUCKcitizen.

• RPar99 sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 feb 2009, 22:41

heh...

"I've always used BitTorrent to get all of my music and it's pretty shitty to have to just stop getting new music all of a sudden because of the fascist restrictions UF has on file sharing."

Yeh, and it's kind of illegal...that too. I only care cause I'm a musician, lol...

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 apr 2009, 19:31

Use BLOGS

search whatever you want with "blogspot download" or something of the sort.
    ex. (Kayne West blgospot download)

Search whatever you want (song/artist/album) with blogspot after it and you'll most likely find something. There are thousands of music blogs out there are odds are someone has what you're looking for. UF does't attempt to block these.

I frequent tons of music blogs so I have a good list of them if anyone needs help finding a good site just message me.

and to RPar99(Not trying to start a flame war). People will DL your stuff then...if they like it buy merch/go to shows/spread the word. I never buy music before I listen to it. If its something you don't like then you waste 12$ and don't take the risk again.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2009, 22:41
    You can kind of avoid going to a bajillion blogs by searching for something on the hype machine.

The real solution is moving off-campus so you can torrent again.

• worth spending $8/mo to split a seedbox with friends if you use it a lot.

• Alternatives

You can still use rapidshare, megaupload and mediafire on campus.

Just search whatever you're looking for and add one of the above terms to the end of the search and you'll usually find it.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.