Christmas meal plans?

• Christmas meal plans?

Is anyone planning some extra special recipes for Christmas?

I'm spending Christmas lunch at my boyfriends house, they're all omnis, so I'm going to make him and I some delicious things. I have enough cookbooks sitting around to find some amazing things.

• My plan is the same as it's been for several years now: the venerated Celebration Roast with the family, along with the usual vegetables. Cooked in oil not animal fat, obviously.

• OH GOD I AM GETTING THAT! I AM SO GETTING THAT. I'm getting it for my boyfriend and I!

• zucchin sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 dec 2008, 00:16
    some couscous!

cactus with a moustache.
  • I want to love couscous, but I just find it a bit bland, what do you mix it with?

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 dec 2008, 18:01
    That celebration roast looks ideal! I was going to have a nut roast thing, fake luncheon meat and a lot of veg up until now.

• The best couscous I ever had was done in a citrus style. I think that 'fruity' is the way to go; some parsley along with raisins, lime, lemon, and orange. Couscous is a bit like tofu in that it's hideously bland on its own so you really must pair it with stuff that's full of flavour.

• Phage sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 dec 2008, 09:53
    I'm spending christmas with my parents, their open-minded to dead-animal free meals so I'm gonna cook them up some yummy vegan stuff that they've not had before, hopefully they might like some of them enough to keep cooking them :)

As for the main xmas meal, it's gonna be the trad roast veggies and a nut roast that me and my mum will make ourselves (unless we get lazy :o)

• acreature said:
    The best couscous I ever had was done in a citrus style. I think that 'fruity' is the way to go; some parsley along with raisins, lime, lemon, and orange. Couscous is a bit like tofu in that it's hideously bland on its own so you really must pair it with stuff that's full of flavour.

I just hate raisins though. But thanks for the tip. I will try it!

• Phage said:
    I'm spending christmas with my parents, their open-minded to dead-animal free meals so I'm gonna cook them up some yummy vegan stuff that they've not had before, hopefully they might like some of them enough to keep cooking them :)

As for the main xmas meal, it's gonna be the trad roast veggies and a nut roast that me and my mum will make ourselves (unless we get lazy :o)

That's so great of them! Wow. I am going to search all my cookbooks Christmas Eve and find some great things to make my boyfriend and me as snacks for Christmas Day.

• Phage sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 jan 2009, 11:20
    how did people's vegan xmas's go?

My parents now know a few yummy vegan reciepes that they hopefully might keep eating! The vegan sausage casserole went down a treat with them including my meat loving grandad!

Redigerad av Phage den 19 jan 2009, 12:28
  • I went to my mother's in the end. She made me a mushroom Wellington instead of the celebration roast, and it was quite delicious.

• We had celebration roast and it was delicious. We then had it with bubble and squeak on Boxing Day at my parents house. It was really yum. Lots of vegan after dinner mints too. Mmm.

• Chestnut & Cranberry Ring

This is one of my favourites: Chestnut & Cranberry ring the recipe is veggie but easy to veganise with the omission of the offending ingredients, it's a winner every year especially with corpse munchers who suddenly realise that it is possible to have something tasty rather than "having" to eat flesh "because it's Christmas".Chestnut & Cranberry ring

immer bereit!
  • shesbenevolent said:
    I want to love couscous, but I just find it a bit bland, what do you mix it with?

I make a Tabbouleh style Couscous which I think is Lebanese in origin, I add finely chopped black olives, mixed peppers, shallots, lemon/lime juice, mixed herbs a drizzle of garlic olive oli, ooh and cucumber is good it too yummy.

p.s. I don't like raisins either (look like dead flies to me).
    'They used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes' (Benny & Joon 1993)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.