best underground thrash band

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 nov 2008, 02:59
    Herewulf said:
    ThrashingDeth said:
    Herewulf said:
    Morbid Scream, Fuck Off, Trench Hell, Bestial Holocaust, Nocturnal

I wouldn't really call Overkill, Heathen, Dark Angel, Forbidden etc. underground since they're fairly well known in the metal community...

i rarely find pple who know Overkill or Heathen

Walk into any thrash show (hell, I'd say any metal show) and ask someone if they know who Overkill are and they'll probably laugh or look at you funny...they're one of the more well-known thrash bands out there. Feel the Fire is often considered to be up there among the best thrash albums of all time. Overkill, Death Angel, Dark Angel etc. are big names unless all a person knows is Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax.

To me, underground means bands that don't have fairly widespread recognition among the metal community. If someone asks for underground black metal you don't recommend them Immortal or Judas Iscariot. Bands like that people can discover just by doing a little of their own cursory research into the surface of the genre. I don't mean to sound like an ass, it just doesn't seem very helpful to recommend bands that are already well known or easy to discover. Then again, might seem a bit hypocritical of me to add Nocturnal, but oh well.

As someone else said maybe the OP should define what he considers to be "underground".

Most people here listen to shit music...very hard to find metal fans outside of shows i got lucky cuz all the friends i found like metal but if u ask any random person here in LA they'd say "Who dat". rap really needs to die at this point

either way ill change my answer then to Helstar and would Exciter be considered underground?

• Herewulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 nov 2008, 15:18
    The way I see it there are several layers of what makes something underground, and it also depends on who you're talking to. This is a thrash metal group, so I wouldn't think it would matter whether or not some bimbo on the street doesn't know who Overkill, Heathen, Demolition Hammer, Death Angel, Nuclear Assault etc. are. I once met a girl who didn't know who Black Sabbath were, that doesn't make Sabbath underground.

To me, there are certain bands that people (upon liking the most mainstream thrash you can get: Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer) will get to know pretty quickly if they decide to look for similar music. The bands they typically come across are the big names like Exodus, Overkill, Kreator, Destruction, Anthrax, Heathen, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Tankard, Forbidden, Artillery, Annihilator, Holy Moses, Vio-lence, Toxic Holocaust, Municipal Waste, Nuclear Assault and yes even bands like Demolition Hammer and Exciter.

In my experience these are names that are not simply common in the metal scene, but especially with your average thrash fan, whether hardcore thrasher or not. If you had a family of thrashers, these would be your household names :P How is a band underground if they're well known among metalheads?

Then I guess the OP would have to clarify the point of this thread. Is the point of naming your favourite lesser known bands because it might be informative to others in this thrash metal group who might not know some of these bands? Or is it just to say "nobody at school knows this band but I think they rule"?

• Användare
    • 24 nov 2008, 13:12
    Artillery

• Torture (US)!! ok i already mentioned them on the message board, but they're awesome.

Infernäl Mäjesty (their album; None Shall Defy) and Protector (GER) are pretty good too.

• Marfere sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 nov 2008, 16:35
    metal_gimp said:
    Torture (US)!! ok i already mentioned them on the message board, but they're awesome.

Infernäl Mäjesty (their album; None Shall Defy) and Protector (GER) are pretty good too.

I personally think Stom Alert by Torture is a fucking masterpiece! I guess they were just before their time...

THRASH TILL DEATH
  • Sabbat (Japan)
    Gospel of the horns
    Deströyer 666
    Urn
    Blasphemy
    Sarcofago
    Stench of Styx
    Sadiztik impaler
    Impiety
    Archgoat
    Nunslaughter
    Incriminated
    Ride for revenge
    Hammerwhore
    Victimizer

The goat is eternal
    Join my "Black Metal Hippies" group!
    • Användare
    • 28 nov 2008, 20:15
    Heh, the underground seems to be quite different in the States than in here, Finland :D Over here you can consider bands like Sodom, Overkill and Anthrax underground even tough metal is quite big over here. The biggest notable difference is propably that even most hardcore-thrasher haven´t actually never heard of Suicidal Tendencies :P

My favorites are Dr. Living Dead, Possuido Pelo Cao, Nuclear Assault and S.O.D. but I don´t yet have any S.O.D albums. Also it´s damn difficult to get any Evil Dead albums over here.

• Användare
    • 28 nov 2008, 20:16
    Oh, forgot to mention Toxic Holocaust :DD

• Herewulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 nov 2008, 16:16
    Goatlordlord said:
    Sabbat (Japan)
    Gospel of the horns
    Deströyer 666
    Urn
    Blasphemy
    Sarcofago
    Stench of Styx
    Sadiztik impaler
    Impiety
    Archgoat
    Nunslaughter
    Incriminated
    Ride for revenge
    Hammerwhore
    Victimizer

Dude...a lot of those aren't even thrash...gospel of the horns, nunslaugher, archgoat (fucking love them), Blasphemy are bm (nunslaughter are dm).

That aside...I'm taking it people here consider anything that isn't the big four underground...

• Marfere sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 dec 2008, 11:47
    Austrian Death Machine :)

Br0tal

THRASH TILL DEATH
    • Krokgard sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 dec 2008, 22:01
    Surely Witchburner!

... but I walk in the light,
    the time to die has come!
    No one shall take my life,
    I' m of the Chosen Ones!
    • Chont sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 dec 2008, 11:51
    BEST UNDERGROUND BANDS ARE METALLICA, ANTHRAX, SLAYER AND MEGADETH

• Användare
    • 11 dec 2008, 12:35
    ^ FACT.

• DZIDIX sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 dec 2008, 18:47
    Chont said:
    BEST UNDERGROUND BANDS ARE METALLICA, ANTHRAX, SLAYER AND MEGADETH

hahahaha :D

Addicted To MoSh !
    • Användare
    • 12 dec 2008, 09:09
    Sacred Reich - great band from Phoenix, Bonded By Blood - new group, similar to Exodus
    I am from Poland, so, something out of iron curtain; ) - Acid Drinkers http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5r41V_CgSw I advice them new album "Verses Of Steel" and "Infernal Connection" Enjoy \m/

• Hmm not sure if they're THAT underground, but a great underrated Thrash band anyway. Technical Thrash at its best!!

Coroner

• Mikorn sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2008, 14:56
    Herewulf said:

I wouldn't really call Overkill, Heathen, Dark Angel, Forbidden etc. underground since they're fairly well known in the metal community...

you just think so but i doubt that some progressive metal fans know heathen dark angel ..... they are known in Thrash metal community but not in metallica community :D

California Bay Area Über Alles!!!!
    • Användare
    • 22 dec 2008, 16:16
    C
    O
    R
    O
    N
    E
    R

• AcidViolence said:
    pretty much nothing you've mentioned is underground :/

Indeed xD

you guys are retards .... Nuclear Assault underground?!? If you don't know about Nuclear Assault, Overkill or Dark Angel then you shouldn't be in this group anyways ...

life is too short to hurry
    • PROGTROL sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 dec 2008, 10:29
    Underground Thrash? Then Epidemic and Hellblade from Holland... I played bass in both bands (some 20+ years ago) and never put out a demo or a record. just rehearsal tapes and some live-shit. how undergound is that :-) and yes we played speed and Thrash-metal in the truest form :-)

• Herewulf sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 dec 2008, 16:38
    Mikorn said:
    Herewulf said:

you just think so but i doubt that some progressive metal fans know heathen dark angel ..... they are known in Thrash metal community but not in metallica community :D

First of all, if we went by what some prog. fans know or don't know all we'd be listening to is prog and all we'd be doing is worshiping Dream Theatre and John Zorn (just in case anyone feels inclined to get their panties in a bunch over this, I don't mean that all prog listeners are like this, but let's face it, there's a lot of this going on in the genre). Just because a prog. fan doesn't listen to Candlemass, it doesn't make Candlemass underground either.

Second of all, is this a thrash metal group or a metallica group? The group has the Forbidden Evil cover as its avatar for crying out loud...you'd think someone would know who Heathen and Dark Angel are. Considering this is a thrash forum, why don't we recommend bands that there is a remote chance others here haven't heard at all or at least not much of? If I sit here and go "dur hur, mah favrit band iz Exodus cuz mah sister dusnt know who dey r so dey r so undergroundz roflcopterz" there really isn't any point to a thread about lesser known thrash metal bands on a thrash metal forum. We might as well open such a topic up on a 14 year old pop forum in which metallica will be the only band recognized as metal worth listening to because it was on the much music countdown last night or whatever.

• DZIDIX sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 dec 2008, 18:56
    Herewulf said:
    Mikorn said:
    Herewulf said:

First of all, if we went by what some prog. fans know or don't know all we'd be listening to is prog and all we'd be doing is worshiping Dream Theatre and John Zorn (just in case anyone feels inclined to get their panties in a bunch over this, I don't mean that all prog listeners are like this, but let's face it, there's a lot of this going on in the genre). Just because a prog. fan doesn't listen to Candlemass, it doesn't make Candlemass underground either.

Second of all, is this a thrash metal group or a metallica group? The group has the Forbidden Evil cover as its avatar for crying out loud...you'd think someone would know who Heathen and Dark Angel are. Considering this is a thrash forum, why don't we recommend bands that there is a remote chance others here haven't heard at all or at least not much of? If I sit here and go "dur hur, mah favrit band iz Exodus cuz mah sister dusnt know who dey r so dey r so undergroundz roflcopterz" there really isn't any point to a thread about lesser known thrash metal bands on a thrash metal forum. We might as well open such a topic up on a 14 year old pop forum in which metallica will be the only band recognized as metal worth listening to because it was on the much music countdown last night or whatever.

agree completely,,it looks like true underground thrash isn't exactly "same" in every country here,,some of us consider some bands underground and some consider not, I think it depends on one states mentality or something

Addicted To MoSh !
  • Overkill, Moby Dick, Coroner

\m/
  • Onslaught!! Nocturnal Breed!!!!

This is the twilight of the ages
    And no man shall stand
  • also Powermad!!!

This is the twilight of the ages
    And no man shall stand
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.