• Favorite Study Music

So... top 5 artists to study to:

1. Smashing Pumkins
    2. Radiohead
    3. Wilco
    4. Dave Matthews
    5. The Congos
    For studying, I like artists with long songs, interesting beats and non-intrusive lyrics

Worst artists to study to:
    Bob Dylan, White Stripes

I just sit there and listen to the songs :)

What are your top 5 study artists? Should I add any artists to the artist connections for the group?

I posted this message when I should have been studying!
    Those who should be studying
    • Berzoid sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2006, 16:12
    Bob Dylan, the Eagles

I'm probably one of the worst students ever.

Doing geography at the moment, while listening to the whole discographia of The Doors

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2006, 20:51
    1 - Weezer
    2 - Pansy Division
    3 - Sigur Ros
    4 - Saves the Day
    5 - Jhonny Cash

Maybe Jhonny Cash its in the first place!
    ;)

• Användare
    • 25 jun 2006, 17:49
    I can't study to anything other than Incubus, Breaking Benjamin, or AFI. Anything else is too distracting and I have to sing along, etc.

• hardwork sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 jun 2006, 13:38

Studying FTW!

I feel like I get the most done when I listen to Cannibal Corpse, Anal Cunt, Mozart, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Sunn O))). I've been experimenting with Maria Callas recently.

—Basically, I favor anything that doesn't require much attention to keep me energetic. I can't be bothered with lyrics while I read, but when certain songs come on (L'Amour Est Un Oiseau Rebelle and Sacrifice Unto Sebek, for example) I usually catch myself at least mouthing a few key verses.

I think I headbang a lot while I study. I notice myself doing it a lot, anyway.

• Användare
    • 28 jun 2006, 04:58
    man, i always end up listening to A Perfect Circle or Tool

i think Maynard James Keenan helps me study lol

• which tool albums do you like? I agree that A Perfect Circle is great study music.

• Användare
    • 14 okt 2006, 23:14
    hmm... Hi, everyone, I'm new at the group :)
    1. The Mars Volta
    2. Duke Ellington
    3. Angel Parra Trio (probably, my favourite spanish jazz band)
    4. Blondie (except "Call me", 'cause I start to sing and dance and Civil Law disappears...)
    5. (It's not an artist, it'a a tag. I recently discover that happy music makes me a happy student and salsa makes me REALLY happy :D)

A friend recommend me try to study listening Yes or the first albums from Genesis and I think they're great too, but I'm not really into their music (yet)

• Användare
    • 15 okt 2006, 17:39
    I like some heavy music, that gives me energy without distrcting.

• I listen to new stuff while I'm studying, otherwise I would sing along :/
    However Lights sounds good to study properly.

• dr_kyle sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 mar 2007, 18:46
    Rock. In the olden times I listen so as not to fall asleep, but now, neither Spineshank nor Five.Bolt.Main can keep me awake.

I listen to lots of artists. They change usually with a change of subject. I have had Breaking Benjamin, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Three Days Grace, and Seether. Currently it's Element Eighty.

They say that we use only 10% of our brains.
    I say that the remaining 90% is for common sense.
  • Only new music works for me.. even things without lyrics distract me terribly. Unless it's club/dance stuff like Booka Shade. I really miss doing maths because I could listen to any music doing that. Must be because maths is spatial and most other study is verbal. ALTHOUGH, music is spatial as well as verbal isn't it? I don't even know.

• radiata sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 mar 2007, 01:34
    northern exposure (sasha/digweed compilation)

death cab for cutie

• Ray Charles
    Sigur ros
    APC
    Yann Tiersen

probably, but it depends...I think that no matter what was I listening to, I could have done anything I had to.

anyway thinking about that again remindes me that there is one condition...there should be no other sounds disturbing the music...:-)

• Nice taste everyone... I've updated our artist connections. We have quite a lot of variety, although APC, Sigur Ros, and Breaking Benjamin seem to be popular for studying.

• i think it is death cab for cutie.. the problem is: i don't study ;)

• Användare
    • 2 apr 2007, 12:26
    I used to listen to music while studying, but my grades were #$?&!% so now I study in silence. But I study with my music on once in a while and I usually listen to Paramore or The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. But when I do my homework I always listen to Pezz (Billy Talent) and I Am Ghost. Oops I should be studying now...

• Användare
    • 3 apr 2007, 07:45
    patti smith, the doors, bob dylan, radiohead, mum, and sigur ros are what i usually listen to when studying (however i barely study now).

• Användare
    • 4 apr 2007, 20:47
    That has to me some kind of awful noise to make me to switch off the sound and focus on studying. But I don't listen to awful noise, so I sit there listening the whole day instead of doing my work--and I like it! :-)

• Användare
    • 9 apr 2007, 09:57
    Hi, I'm new at the group. I usually listen to instrumental music while studying. At this moment in time my favorite is Explosions in the sky. Mogwai and 65daysofstatic are good too. Clint Mansell's Requiem for a Dream OST is just GREAT ! Though non-instrumental, Death Cab for Cutie is quite pleasant too.

• Användare
    • 15 apr 2007, 17:48
    I'm too easily distracted, so I listen to Explosions in the Sky...no words.

• Mogwai is a good one. But sometimes I get caught up in it.

• ;) let's use it ;)

And Last. fm Tag Radio will save us :)

Ahh Don't forget add a cup of coffe with the music :p

I'll follow the sun
  • cucu
    hi ppl

This are my top five:

1.Rachmaninoff
    2.Norah Jones
    3.Eric Clapton
    4.Portishead
    5.The White Stripes

but again, it all depends on the mood.

akma et akta
    • Användare
    • 1 maj 2007, 01:54
    Death Cab for Cutie relax me ;)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.