It's like the words come true.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2009, 22:20

It's like the words come true.

I've stopped being interested in Thelema for a few months. But now my life is changing and it's like some words of Liber AL are coming true. Not even in a good way... It's like a subtle guilty feeling of the fact I have abandoned some really important thruths and life's now proving me again their importance. Maybe it's just because of my way of thinking.
    Have you ever had similar feelings/thoughts/experiences?
    Sorry for bad english ;)

• Iskadrow sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 apr 2009, 19:22
    Yes and no. I've abandoned the notion of "truth" in an absolute sense quite some time ago, but yeah, certainly - ideas, and other artifacts of my imaginative faculties reappear. Sometimes as avenging angels, sometimes more benevolent. ;)

Nicht jeder, der wandert, ist verloren.
    • Nexist sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 maj 2009, 05:47
    Guilt has no part in Thelema. If you feel a void in your life now that Thelema is no longer an important part, that is a sign that you need something that Thelema was providing.

Why did you stop? My interest in Thelema has not waned, however my interest in the playing that most so called Thelemites indulge in as the end-all & be-all of what they consider "Thelema" really annoys me.

I believe in Truth, and I believe in our inability to perfectly apprehend the truth for perception renders it subjective. Without objective truth, then nothing would happen for everything would be fantasy -- delusional mind games which seem the bread and butter of so many self-proclaimed occultists.

The genuine coherence of our ideas does not come from the reasoning that ties them together, but from the spiritual impulse that gives rise to them. - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
    There is only one pleasure greater than that of being appreciated by intelligent people, and that is the pleasure of not being understood by blunder-heads, who are only capable of expressing in a kind of jargon what serves them in the place of thought. - Georges Sorel
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2009, 01:01
    I lost my interest in Thelema after some experiences that make me feel confused. I heard some negative but logical opinions from the people who think that Thelema contains too many dogmas and this confusion was stronger after the observation of discussion of the people interested in the subject of Thelema. I am a person who thinks that the comment to the Liber AL has important meaning - it reminds people that they like talking about those things and making confusion. On the other hand I am a person who finds solitary meditations about all these words really important and valuable and all of these comments about what "IS THE ONLY PROPER INTERPRETATION" are making me sick :/ I think those people who KNOW all that should create a kind of codex and then everything will be clear and solid. Catholic people have the codex and it seems they're satisfied ;D

Thelema is rather philosophy than religion for me. And I am almost sure that I will be unstable with my interest in this subject - it's a natural thing. What makes me think that the words of Liber AL are special is this returning to them and discovering new meanings for them each time I read them. Especially in this time of fast changes in my life.

• Nexist sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 maj 2009, 18:11
    I hate to be the one to point this out (well, not really) but "anti-dogma" is just another form of dogma. It's followers are typically just as rabid as the people they attack. Now this does range from the dilettantes to the true believers.

What annoys me about people making comments is their general ignorance. When someone who has not read anything other than Liber AL (if that) start yapping about what they think "Every man and every woman is a star" really means, I can't help but feel scorn. Typically, they are using it to justify some normative values (e.g. egalitarianism) despite the repetition of contrary opinion in AL, the comment, MWT, Aleph, the Autohagiography, etc.

Religion is the meat of the common people (whether in secular form or its natural form). The Law is for all, which means that the Baker etc, need the religious component. Simply put, there are those with the time & the drive to divine their Will, and there are those whose paths lead to more mundane activities. The magus, if he has a social responsibility, exists to transmit the light of the gnosis, which is then symbolically represented via religion. Unfortunately, there is a moral quality which has been applied by old aenoic conditioning, so that people reject the natural course of their wills in order to play at being a magus. The OTO in the US (& probably elsewhere) is suffering heavily from this condition.

I find things which resonate with my will by virtue of their recurrence. If something appears again and again, in my life, it seems obvious that I must deal with it. The trick is determining if it is a detriment or not. This requires a level of self-examination which is sadly lacking in the modern world, even among so-called Thelemites. The only weapon against the fakers is knowledge. Read & study. Know what is in the books and if you find a conflict between what you believe and what the Holy Books say, analyze the source of your beliefs. Class A writings (the Holy Books) are written from the point of illumination. Until you have reached that level of understanding, all you can really do is assume they are correct. Unless you study theoretical physics, you cannot really argue against the positions put forth by Hawkins. Likewise, one cannot argue against Crowley's positions unless one has done the work to reach a similar level of attainment. The Hubris of the modern world is to believe that we have already achieved the summit of attainment, that there is no need to try, to grow & to understand -- to believe that because we are parts of the perfection of creation, that our parts are likewise perfect.

On the codex, I actually wish that the various factions would put forth their positions in a readily available format. It would make association far more rewarding. It would also show a level of study & dedication which seems to be lacking in Thelema.

The genuine coherence of our ideas does not come from the reasoning that ties them together, but from the spiritual impulse that gives rise to them. - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
    There is only one pleasure greater than that of being appreciated by intelligent people, and that is the pleasure of not being understood by blunder-heads, who are only capable of expressing in a kind of jargon what serves them in the place of thought. - Georges Sorel
  • I agree that it is important not to preceive "anti-dogma" chracter of Thelema as another dogma.

Najlepsze co bogowie dali ludziom to seks, wino i muzyka :)

The best what gods gave to mankind is sex, wine and music :)
    • Nexist sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 maj 2009, 05:58
    And I would pose that it would be beneficial for you to learn what words mean before you make any more nonsensical statements.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dogma

• Well, actually why shoud I check anything in dictionary if there is no objective truth?

Najlepsze co bogowie dali ludziom to seks, wino i muzyka :)

The best what gods gave to mankind is sex, wine and music :)
    • Nexist sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 maj 2009, 05:11
    Ah, so you feel a need to waste all of our time with nonsense so as to assure yourself that you exist?

How sad.

It is logically impossible for there to be no absolute truth.

• Användare
    • 27 maj 2009, 17:07
    Coming back to the subject... & I hope I will see here more answers from more people :)

Have you ever observed any situations which make you link them with some fragments of the Liber AL (or any other thelemic writing) ? If yes, what kind of situation was that and which aspect of the thelemic philosophy reminded it to you?

I am interested in your experiences, not interpretation of anything.

• Nexist sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 maj 2009, 23:43
    Wouldn't it necessitate interpretation to place the poetic language of Liber AL into a context relevant to ones daily life.

• cell_44 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 19 nov 2009, 09:10
    I admit I know very little on the subject, due to the fact I haven`t read Liber AL and that I have actually read very little about Thelema (enough to trigger my curiousity for the matter and join here) If I don`t find it here in Serbia, I`ll def. try and get it when I join my husband in Netherlands, I feel really impatient about it. Though every being has its own path of development it chooses and by that law I shouldn`t feel impatient and embrace moments as they come cause I attract them (or chase them away)

• Nexist sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 nov 2009, 17:17
    The Serbian OTO's web page is http://www.oto.rs/

If there is a Serbian Translation, they should know. I have no knowledge of the Serbian OTO, so I cannot comment on what they are like (as in would you want to talk to them).

• cell_44 sa...
    • Abonnent
    • 19 nov 2009, 17:22
    thanks! I`m looking into it.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.