Know the dorks

• Quarkz sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 mar 2007, 03:56

Know the dorks

I've been told we need a forum so I created one. Here's a good introduction thread to get to know your fellow dorks.

List where you're from and what your all time favorite musicals are.

I'm from QLD, Australia and my favorites are Wicked, RENT, Bare and Wild Party! Idina Menzel FTW!

Nice to meet ya'll :)

• Everyone is going to be SO pro-Rent so im gonna say Avenue Q. Most people just like rent because they saw the movie. Im from chicago-area.

"It sucks to be me, sucks to be you but not when we're together!" awwwwww...

• I'm from the north of Scotland (which sucks for theatre- nothing comes this far north, I have to travel about 170 miles to see anything good), and I love Miss Saigon, Chicago and the Phantom of the Opera <3.

• I'm from New York, and I go to school for theatre so I get exposed to a lot. I actually just took my best friend to see RENT but it's not my favorite show.
    Umm I'd have to day Pippin and Company, I really like the Last Five Years and Little Shop of Horrors too.

• I grew up in New York.. Lived all over the country, currently I am in Florida.

I love all musicals, old and new. My top five favorites would be Chess, Wicked, Falsettos, Assassins, and Evita.

I have seen Wicked, Hairspray, Les Mis, Chess, Rent, Miss Saigon, The Producers, Jesus Christ Superstar, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Godspell, The Fantasticks, Phantom of the Opera, Crazy About You, State Fair, The King and I, and Annie on stage.

I love most movie musicals.

I have been in 2 productions of The King and I, many theater caberets, and one production of Annie. I was a musical theater major.. but not being Lea Salonga.. they had trouble casting an Asian girl. I did get two lead roles in Godspell and Seventy Girls Seventy in college and high school.

Currently I am a Pharmacy student. I love to read, play online, video games, geeking out, and just having fun. I am reclusive and a party girl.

You can learn more about me at herrokitty.com if you'd like. There is a link to my pictures, blog, and just more info if you really need it after this entry!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2007, 15:56
    im in califonia

i love rent, youre a good man charlie brown, wicked, and rodgers and hammersteins cinderella.

• sonatina sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2007, 16:10
    I'm from Long Island.
    I love Les Misérables, Phantom of the Opera, Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella, and Cole Porter's Can-Can. :P

• in in New Jersey

i LOVE Reefer Madness, Les Mis, Avenue Q, Cabaret, Sweeney Todd, and a million more!

• I'm in New Jersey as well, so I get to see a ton of Broadway shows.

My favorites at the moment are Sunday in the Park with George and Into the Woods (Sondheim=too much awesomeness for words), but I have so many other favorites (The Producers, Millie, Kiss me Kate, [title of show], Sweeney, Hairspray, 42nd Street...and the list goes on) that it gets hard to keep track of.

• I'm from Boston but I live in Connecticut.

My favorite musicals are Wicked, RENT, The Apple Tree, The Last Five Years, Andrew Lippa's The Wild Party and Brooklyn. I really love the theatre and try to see as many shows as I possibly can. I'm a huge fan of both Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth.

• I'm bigirishguy. I am from South Carolina. I like RENT, but I HATED the movie. I saw the movie and then I saw it in NYC. SO much better. Anyway, I also like Avenue Q, anything Sondheim, and Les Mis. Anthony Rapp FTW!!

Not meant as a substitute for human companionship
    • ashmor87 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2007, 18:34
    i'm from new jersey. woot!
    some of my favorites are hairspray, thoroughly modern millie, beauty and the beast, jekyll & hyde...just to name a few.
    nice to meet everyone
    <3 ashley

• xErukax sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2007, 19:02
    In people's defense who've only seen the RENT movie - some people don't have much theatre exposure. I grew up in Southern Indiana my entire life, heard of RENT from a friend, waited for the movie to come out, loved it. When I went to NYC for a trip back in December, I saw it on Broadway. *shrugs* Where I'm from doesn't really have much to offer.

RENT's not my favorite, though. I'm currently OBSESSED with Sweeney Todd, but I don't much care for the soundtrack, so you probably won't see many songs from the musical on my tracks. The original Broadway Sweeney doesn't get angry enough for my taste, I'm more of a George Hearn kind of girl. (Plus! I find it very impressive that someone that skinny can have a triple chin! ;))

Cabaret is another one. I absolutely adore Liza Minnelli lately, and recently bought the best of her on CD. Andddd, it was freaking amazing when Amanda Palmer did Mein Herr at the Dresden Dolls concert back in October.

The Producers is a glorious musical. I love the music from that. I actually sang "When You've Got it, Flaunt It" for auditions for our school musical a few months ago. Everyone said it was awesome, because the rest of the people went up there and sang whiny songs or depressing church songs. Plus, everyone was nervous, and I went up there dancing around on stage to that song. In front of my overly religious choir teacher, I might add. ;)

Les Miserables is pretty spiffy too, though I've never seen the actual musical. I've heard a lot of songs from it, and watched this things where they sang the songs but didn't do much acting.

Chicago, of course. I've always dreamed of being Velma Kelly.

Oooh! Pirates of Penzance, too. We did that my freshman year at my high school, and I wanted to be Ruth SO.BAD. I didn't get it, though, because I was a freshman and a junior got it instead. :( This really cocky guy told me that I would've gotten it had I not be a freshman, though, so that made me feel a bit better. ;)

I'll shut up now... hahaha

you're a masochist for falling for me
    • bleujour sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2007, 19:16
    I'm Mimi. I've been a Rent fan since I was 8 and a Broadway fan my entire life. I'm from the Chicago area so we get season tickets every year.

It'd be impossible for me to say which are my ABSOLUTE favorites because I have a hard time picking a top ten. But I'll just name a few so you can get the gist of my taste. Rent (doy), Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, A Chorus Line, Avenue Q, Wicked, Nine, Mamma Mia, The Lion King..and so much more.

Not only am I a huge musical fan, but I love plays as well. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Twelve Angry Men, The Laramie Project, etc.

And I am also an actress myself. So..yeah. I think that's enough about me.

As for the overwhelming complaints about the Rent movie..I'm glad they made it..I just wish it hadn't produced so many farents (fake rentheads). I had friends telling me they'd love the show since they were 1 years old..when it wasn't even made yet..so..*shrug* It's just lame knowing I've liked it for so much longer, but what can you do? So as a result, Yes, I am bitter, but it just gives me an excuse to bash stupid people. :o)

i speak because i can to anyone i trust enough to listen.
  • I'm Élise :) 15 years old, from Canada.
    I've been introduced to musicals at a very young age, because I was doing musicals (not profesionnally).
    We're doing a big production each year. I've played in Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors, Guys And Dolls, The Wiz and elses. This year, we're doing Wicked and I'll play Elphaba <33 This is like a dream come true.

Anyways. I love mostly every musical, but my favourites of all time are Wicked and Rent.

I never saw a musical in my entire life because, well, there are not a lot of musicals playing in Canada .__. It sucks.

• Hey! I'm Stephanie, though I go by Stephi, and I'm 16. I love the theatre - I live in Dallas, so I've never been able to see anything on Broadway. Even though I've never seen shows in New York, I'm a dancer and was raised at the ballet. In 2005, we realized that musicals came to town, not just the ballet. We got tickets to Wicked, and my obsession started from there. Since then, I have seen almost all the musicals that passed through the Dallas/Fort-Worth area... My favorite musicals are the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Wicked, Rent, Phantom of the Opera, Hairspray... I could go on, but y'all probably don't care. In addition to theatre and dance, I do graphic design, and I enjoy writing fanfiction, original fiction, poetry, and songs. The styles of dance I do are ballet and ballroom, but I've also done hip hop, jazz/drill team, and a bit of modern. I enjoy playing Mafia/Werewolf online, I love anime and manga, and I still play Pokemon and Yugioh TCGs.

Yes. Mock my dorkiness.

• xErukax sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 apr 2007, 23:54
    I forgot to mention Little Shop of Horrors! Ahhh. When I was little, I used to watch it all the time every time it came on tv. It only occured to me recently that not everyone in the world knows what Little Shop of Horrors is... haha

I'm also into acting and the like. I'll actually be running off to college in Chicago next year to study theatre and fiction writing. Which I'm soooo excited about, because not only will I be living in a huge city (the complete opposite of what I'm used to) and studying at an amazing college, but I'll be able to catch all kinds of shows there. No more traveling on Greyhounds everytime I go see a band perform and stuff. :D

you're a masochist for falling for me
  • I'm from Cleveland. I have been in shows nation wide and I am currently a theatre major with a dance minor.

Favorite musical: The Last Five Years.... Assassins and Songs For A New World run close seconds.

• I am from London, Ontario, Canada.

My faves are Rent, Phantom of the Opera, and Chicago. But I love all musicals.

• I'm from St. Louis area, we do have theater exposure, but not as much as I'd like. I mostly find out about shows (and listen to all the music) from my best friend, who is very deep into everything theatre.

My favorite musicals are Wicked, Avenue Q, Rent, and Chicago. Still, I love almost all musicals.

In the blur of fast forward I falter again
    Forgetting to breathe, I need to sleep
    I'm getting nowhere

• <-- From New Jersey, favorites include Les Mis and Chess. I also like Into the Woods and (yes, i admit it) Phantom. :) Most recently watched was Wicked (a while ago), and most annoying is Grease, just cause my friends think the TV show is all that and can't stop talking about it, haha (no offense to Grease fans, heh). My to-see list includes AvenueQ and The Producers. Favorite performer is Lea Salonga. =]

JellyFish72 --> Hey, I'm an anime and manga fan too! You don't see too many theatre+anime+manga people. (^_^

• I am from Garland/Dallas, Texas... But I go to Oklahoma City University and I am a musical theatre major sophomore. :-)

My favorite shows are:
    ...Spelling Bee, Baby, Children Of Eden, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Godspell, The Last Five Years, The Light In The Piazza, Little Women, Once On This Island, Parade, Ragtime, See What I Wanna See, Sweeney Todd, Thouroughly Modern Millie, Urinetown, Wicked, and Lippa's and LaChiusa's The Wild Party.

I love EVERYTHING by Jason Robert Brown and anything with Sutton Foster or Sherie Rene Scott. They are my favorites!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 apr 2007, 09:48
    I'm Ruby and I'm from the Netherlands.
    My all time favorite show is Wicked, but I also love RENT & Elisabeth, and lots of others.
    Right now I'm on a Evita kick, but I love most musicals, actually.
    I also play in musicals myself - but we write them ourself. But I would kill someone if we did something more amazing, like... well, anything would be more amazing, I think.

• Hey, I'm Schfifty from the USA.

I like Rent -- but not just because I saw the movie. I have yet to see the Broadway version, but I own the complete soundtrack to the OBC version and it is complete bliss.

I also enjoy Tick, Tick...Boom!, Spamalot, The Last Five Years, Aida, Phantom of the Opera, Avenue Q, Wicked, and Les Miserables, and I'm too lazy to put accent marks on the last.

• -- Oh, and I don't know if it counts, but I LOVE Once More, With Feeling... the Buffy the Vampire slayer "musical".

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.