The Strokes

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 sep 2006, 13:34
    So now that's confirmed come on, where's Big Al and Julesy Baby? :P

• Sorry guys, I'm terribly busy. The semester is only gonna last two weeks, meaning loads of papers and exams. I promise I'll get to it ASAP.

"I wish it wasn't true, but that's the way it is."

• Användare
    • 27 sep 2006, 19:52
    I hope you are having a good semester :)

• you should save jules for last. cause he's that cool.

"I thought it was a turkey!" - STELLA
  • I'm making Jules next. No one's cooler than the group. :) Actually, Nick is cooler than Jules, and Fab is cooler than Nick.

Okay, What the fuck am I talking about.

• Användare
    • 28 sep 2006, 13:28
    About personal opinion.

• Jules is cooler than Nick :(

• Användare
    • 29 sep 2006, 13:25
    ^_^

Jules is the lead singer, and writer for the band, so in my opinion, 'nuff said. But yes, it's all down to personal opinion.

(Save Jules for last ;))

• yeah!

i mean, i agree.

• Saving the best till last?

• Användare
    • 29 sep 2006, 22:28
    Jules is not the best. They are all equally good.

• That's true, but people have thier favourites I guess.

• Haha, C'mon guys. Let's not fight like teenage fangirls. For me, their all great. My earlier post was just a joke. Anyway, it all boils down to music.

• ...and Jules writes all of it.

;}

• ALBERT HAMMOND, JR.

Albert Hammond Jr (born 9 April 1980, in Los Angeles) is a musician and member of the rock band The Strokes. He plays lead and rhythm guitar.

The son of songwriter Albert Hammond, Albert Jr. was sent to the elite boarding school Institut Le Rosey at the age of 13. While there, he met Julian Casablancas, who would go on to be a fellow band member.

In 1998, Hammond met up with Casablancas in New York City and together they formed a The Strokes with Casablancas's former schoolmates Nick Valensi, Nikolai Fraiture, and Fabrizio Moretti.

Hammond is currently engaged to Catherine Pierce, one-half of the folk singing group The Pierces.

His trademark is wearing formal suits, usually a different one for each show. Albert is usually seen playing an olympian white Fender Stratocaster, or bandmate Nick Valensi's Les Paul Jr. He is usually associated with the "rhythm" guitar portion of the majority of Strokes songs, and most solos are played by Valensi. The solos in which Hammond does play are "Last Nite," "Trying Your Luck," "Take It or Leave It," "Under Control," "The End Has No End," "Ize of the World," and "Vision of Division." His solos tend to focus largely on more emotional, "bluesy"-type melodical work, and the guitar tends to have a cleaner, softer tone in comparison to Valensi's (with a notable exception found in "Vision of Division"). He often holds the guitar in a high horizontal position, similar to Buddy Holly.

Although vocalist Julian Casablancas is the major contributor to the songwriting process for The Strokes' music, Hammond has been known to write a few pieces of his own. He co-wrote the track "Automatic Stop" with Casablancas for the group's second album, Room on Fire. He has also been credited with writing three mostly instrumental songs ("Swiss Beats," "Holland," and "By The Way") for the band's 2001 tour video entitled "In Transit". These songs were then slightly reworked to appear on his later solo album, under different titles. He had also written a song called "Elephant Song," which Albert used when he was required to record a song for his Sound 101 class in freshman year, using the school's recording equipment. The song was played at a few shows before the release of their first album. The Strokes later re-recorded the song as a special giveaway for fanclub members.

Hammond has plans to release a solo album, featuring 10 songs. Entitled "Yours to Keep," the album features musical guests such as Sean Lennon, Ben Kweller, and even The Strokes' manager Ryan Gentles and lead singer Julian Casablancas. Bassist Josh Lattanzi and drummer Matt Romano serve as the backing band, with Albert the main singer and guitarist. It was produced by former Thin Lizard Dawn vocalist Greg Lattimer at the Electric Ladyland Studios, and is set to be released on October 9th, 2006 in the UK. Gentles told Billboard.com that live performances are a possibility in the United Kingdom. The first single taken from the album will be "Everyone Gets A Star." The single is set to be released exclusivley through iTunes on Monday September 4th.

Albert Quotes
    On why Room On Fire did well: "I think it's because Nick is hot!"

On Influences: “I got influenced by a bunch of weird people – Buddy Holly, I really like the way George Harrison plays leads, Elliot Easton from The Cars… I really hate naming names, but I’d rather name names than have people say we sound like Television.”

Citations:
    Wikipedia
    AHJR. Myspace (Picture)
    Google Pics

• This was good. Nice job.
    Whoa. The first Albert picture reminds me of my niece before they cut her hair. lol.

• Användare
    • 30 sep 2006, 14:08
    Does anybody think The Strokes sound like Television?

• Ben Kweller is on his solo album? <333 I need to get my hands on it.

• The amazing part is Ryan Gentles musical contribution. I never knew the manager also had other talents.

• Användare
    • 1 okt 2006, 17:08
    He's the 6th Stroke

• Entitled "Yours to Keep," the album features musical guests such as Sean Lennon, Ben Kweller, and even The Strokes' manager Ryan Gentles and lead singer Julian Casablancas.

What song does Ben Kweller guest on?
    I'm sure that'd be cool.

• Användare
    • 4 okt 2006, 13:07
    _schizophrenic said:
    That's true, but people have thier favourites I guess.

Yeah, Jules isn't the best, but he's my favourite. Again, personal opinion. It doesn't really account for anything, just spreading the love for the individual members!

As Luis said the boys ain't the bottom line, the MUSIC IS and that's what all us true fans are in it for, ain't it?

Can't get enough of that wonderful stuff.

• Användare
    • 4 okt 2006, 13:13
    The solos in which Hammond does play are "Last Nite," "Trying Your Luck," "Take It or Leave It," "Under Control," "The End Has No End," "Ize of the World," and "Vision of Division."

At the show I went to, Nick came right up front to play the Vision of Division solo, and he was right there... he went crazy with that solo... I swear...!? I'm sure he did all the other solos too...

• Användare
    • 4 okt 2006, 17:55
    Albert did the solo for Visions of Division

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y7hMKvnauzY

• PistolWhipJesus said:
    Albert did the solo for Visions of Division

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y7hMKvnauzY

I was just going to say that.

Hey SomaInACage are you sure it wasn't another song?

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.