Which album turned you on to the Stones??

• mauruiz sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 sep 2008, 00:45

Flashpoint

I started w/ the Flashpoint live album...

Today, I've got all the official discography and plenty od the boots.... =)

• I really dig the stuff from their first 10 years, especially the late 60's/early 70's. So I think at first it was either Let It Bleed or Beggars Banquet.

• can't remember I was a baby when I first listened to them. Little red rooster are the first english words I learned (thanks mummy !). The Stones were a family affair.

Qui gardera les gardiens ?
  • No idea really. I've listened to the Stones often as far as my memory goes. Family affair as well.

• Waes-GOD sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 dec 2008, 08:04
    12x5. and after that i loved all albums)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 dec 2008, 13:16
    "Emotional Resque" was the first album of The Stones that i ever hear, it made me listen too there earlier stuff, i like the end 60's and 70's most, "Sticky Fingers' and '"Goats Head Soup" made me become a real fan too put it that way

• gryzli sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jan 2009, 19:38
    It was "Voodoo Launge". I love it....

It's Only Rock'N'Roll, but I love it
  • All I can say is, I remember being 8 years old when I first heard my dads "Sticky Fingers" vinyl and I have been hooked on the Stones ever since. It's so hard to choose a favorite. I love all their stuff, especially the stuff from the Brian Jones days...I just can't seem to choose a favorite though.

• Between The Buttons, actually. First Stones album I bought, cause I thought the cover looked cool.

• madA63 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 feb 2009, 19:33

Forty Licks

This will sound really stupid coming from someone my age, but it was Forty Licks, just a few years ago.

Growing up in the seventies/eighties and being in artsy post-punk / new wave circles it seemed a given that the Stones were a spent force. Mick prancing around on huge stadium gigs in yellow spandex seemed to be against everything we stood for. It seemed only a matter of time before the Stones would break up...

When I wasn't listening to the most angst-ridden noise drone, I listened to blues. It had to be old and scratchy like the Folk Blues cassette I listened on repeat on my discovery trip down the Mississippi. - Yes I was a snob. I try to explain it as a reaction against the cultural corruption of the eighties...

But at the same time I never stopped listening to Paint it black, Gimme Shelter, Mama's Little Helper etc. on mix tapes I made off the local college radio.

Fast forward to a few years ago: I was in Tokyo digging through CDs in a record store - overwhelmed by the selection I picked up a Japanese version of Forty Licks as a comforter.

Listening to it I was bowled over. I was essentially listening to the soundtrack of my life, one that had always been there but I had never noticed...

Back home I bought all of their early albums in one go.

Better late than never, huh?

• SambaBoy sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 feb 2009, 12:51

Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Hearing this record at the age of 4 made me interested in music, and it also made me pick up the guitar at age 12. :)

Flying V into AC30 = SOUND
    • Arviiid_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2009, 16:06

Exile on the main street

I really fell in love with that album :)

• nilllaun sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2009, 09:27
    exile on main street

• Användare
    • 17 mar 2009, 05:26
    I remember buying Steel Wheels used about a year after it came out, but it was Sticky Fingers (which I bought just a few weeks later) that really woke me up to this band.

• Let It Bleed - Love in Vain

• man i was all about let it bleed

• Most definitely Beggar's Banquet. Then Let It Bleed.

• Jump back!

• I can remember having a "45" of She's So Cold when I was really young, but got into the Stones around the time of Steel Wheels. Now I'd say I'm hooked on Exile on Main Street.....that album has it all. Can't get enough!!!

• let it bleed

• Hot Rocks....I played that to death. I got hooked.

• Användare
    • 3 maj 2009, 16:09

Sticky Fingers

Zeppelin and The Stones has always been my two favorite bands of all time. My favorite album by The Stones is Sticky Fingers. I first had it on LP then on Cassette and finally currently on CD. It's also the first album with their lips and tongue logo as well. It's just so well done.

• Genuma sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 maj 2009, 04:58
    Let It Bleed. Within 5 seconds of starting the album I knew I would love it.

• England's Newest Hitmakers, The Rolling Stones

:D

Love.

Pink Floyd group
  • The first album I remember hearing as a kid was The Rolling Stones Stripped album ( I am 22). My dad was a big Stones fan and every time he would drive me to Sunday school he would play that album, after that I was hooked!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.