Random Thoughts

• Fuck a duck. That's a bit shit.

• MNez sa...
    • Användare
    • 19 maj 2012, 03:25
    "You spend the first five years trying to get with the plan / and the next five years trying to be with your friends again"

So, my favorite song when I moved to Chicago is pretty much summing up my life so far.

• I think that line pretty much nails being in your 20s.

• rm508 sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 maj 2012, 12:46
    Notes from village life:

I learnt how to install a rotary washing line. You shake it firmly to untangle the cords.

A partridge on the roof.

The neighbours are renovating. The builders are listening to The UK's Only 80s Radio Station. Could be worse.

People come from far and wide to our local pub. When we go we reduce the average age by several decades.

• Rrah sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2012, 07:35
    How large a village is it?

I'm counting days until we can move out of the city, not that Turku is much of a city to begin with.

• rm508 sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 maj 2012, 11:29
    300 people. There's bunting out for the queen's jubilee. Masses of bunting.

From a distance, Turku seems delightful.

• rm508 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jun 2012, 10:15
    Saw this on twitter: Jubilee in Cardiff. Wot a riot.

• i thought giving a damn about the queen was an English thing? As in, why did Cardiff even throw an event

awois;fhISHFe
  • I think you can see how much of a damn they're giving. Also: see Scotland and all of Ireland. And everyone I know.

• rm508 sa...
    • Användare
    • 4 jun 2012, 14:22
    There's still an awful lot of old cranky people that love the Queen. I think I read somewhere that Welsh support for the monarchy is roughly the same as in England (70-80%), even among Welsh speakers. Probably boosted by historic ties, the Prince of Wales, etc. I'd imagine, surely, things are different in Scotland, but this article claims otherwise. Most people I know don't give a shit, but the republican movement is still astonishingly weak in this country in political terms.

• Tilaton sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 jun 2012, 13:05
    Tried to change my depression medication because of the side-effects and went back to one I had before. No dice, my brain has developed a serious antipathy to those pills and last month they've slowly tried to kill me.

Now I am getting out of this after the quick change. Been completely and more and more messed up while time passed last four weeks and now face the come down on the meds that aim to destroy me.

So, landing strip ahead, it will be a rough ride, but I doubt it'll get worse than it has been this last week. I do have emergency pills to knock me out and go over the worst, if it comes to that.

In a month I'll found out how my brain does without manipulation. I hope I'll be functional. Hopefully more functional. I am so tired at eating pills that mess me up worse. So tired.

We will see.

Sorry I haven't been around much these days.

• Uggh, anti depressants. Yeah, I've done that. I used to have fucked up hallucinations dating back to early elementary school that took a while for somebody to give me a clear explanation of (apparently it's anxiety) and those meds were what kept me from being cripplingly terrified of my own unpredictable imagination. As time went on it eventually got easier to control on my own and luckily I'm not taking any meds anymore. I was at a point where I had to slowly take higher and higher doses to keep my shit under control and then at another where I slowly stopped taking them as much to the point where I was able to stop altogether without freaking out or anything.

It's been several months since I did. Thank god I got off so easy.

Wait, there's a forum? Holy shit!
  • I'm surprised how hard it is to get used to finger picks. Especially the ring finger. Useless weakling finger.

Private Property is an idea, Vocaloid is a reality.
  • I tried screwing around with finger picks at a music store once. Quickly got fed up with them. I'll continue playing with my two finger alternate picking method. Screw that nonsense.

Wait, there's a forum? Holy shit!
  • I really enjoying looking up various versions of Levan Polkka on youtube

• Anyone ever listened to this? I'm probably gonna get it, the reviews are all positive.

• Yeah, the last disc is massive and served as my introduction to Uncle Dave Macon. The other discs aren't as great, but they all have a nice track or two . Everyone should have that collection.

• I've found that keeping finger picks in the fridge helps extend the tape life by 10 folds

• Jay-Z's 99 Problems, Verse 2: A Close Reading with Fourth Amendment Guidance for Cops and Perps by Caleb Mason, St. Louis University School of Law

I, a political science major, found that really interesting. My old Constitutional Law professor posted it. Pretty short, with all the in-text citations, so don't be scared off by the length.

• Con law was probably my least favorite class everrrrrrrrrrrrr*. That sounds pretty cool, though. I was a godawful poli sci major, but I was a poli sci major for a reason**

*major-related
    **haha, not really

That was then, this is dumb.
    • knkwzrd sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jul 2012, 04:02
    i read that as "corn law"

corn law

• zorzynek sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jul 2012, 11:23
    I'm in the making sound collages/mixtapes frenzy/phase. Huge inspiration from Knks radio shows.

• knkwzrd sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jul 2012, 15:13
    aw shucks

• rm508 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jul 2012, 17:19
    Long balls, change your drawers.

• why can't i make my voice sound like stevie nicks no matter how hard i try?

love, music, wine and revolution
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.