Introduce yourself!

• Introduce yourself!

Hi guys :)

I thought we could make the community more active if we started up some discussions. So how about we all introduce ourselves? I'll start!

I'm Emily, I'm 19 and live in Australia.

• I'm Caleb, I'm 16 and I live in Tennessee

• i'm chris. i'm 17 and i've been an alcoholic for five years.

• Nice to meet you :)

So you've been an alcoholic since you were 12? That's quite impressive o_O

• yeah i know. wtf.

• lol, where I'm from most people are alcoholics :P

anyway, how did you guys find out about The Gaslight Anthem? I read about them in a magazine and since they're from New Brunswick I figured they must be good!

• i started listening to TGA in 2006, and even saw them at the beta bar in Tallahassee like two months after Sink Or Swim came out.

I used to be a Tool fan, but The Gaslight Anthem turned me on to another style.

See You En'tee.
  • was it that issue of AMP with against me! on the cover?

• Well... karrah, 17, good ol' us of a.
    decided to download sink or swim about a year ago after the band started getting jocked a fair bit on punknews.org. turned out to be one of the best decisions i've made =)

• Nice to meet you guys!

stellaaaahhhhhh said:
    was it that issue of AMP with against me! on the cover?

No, it was a crappy Australian magazine called Blunt. But I'm glad I bought it now, or I might never have started listening to TGA!

• I'm Colin from Pennsylvania.

I was recommended TGA from a buddy of mine, bought both sink or swim and senor and the queen on emusic at once. Best purchases i've made on the site so far.

• i shall introduce myself as the very first international member in this group. hi, im bertel.

• Hello Colin and Bertel! I think we actually have quite a few international members, but none of them are posting in here.

• hi at all

hi im david 22 from germany

• What's up

I'm Jamie, just turned 26 on 9-11, and I live in Tennessee in the USA. Seriously love the Gaslight Anthem.

• Hello David and Jamie, welcome to the group! :)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 sep 2008, 15:29
    gene

bought sink or swim based on punknews talk

• bUCKET__ sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 sep 2008, 14:00
    I'm James.

I've listened to their latest album so many times that I now play it track for track in my dreams.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 sep 2008, 00:35
    Hi! My name is Matt, I was born in Russia in 1991. I heard my first TGA's song only this summer. It was "Great Expectations". I liked it very very much. So much that i couldn't move to the next song for 2 or 3 days =) But when I listened whole "The 59 Sound" album... Oh... It was an awesome feeling =) Some weeks later I get "Sink Or Swim" and "Senor and The Queen"... I was and I am really impressed...
    It's very pity that I don't know english well enough to express my love to them =) But I think you all understand me =)
    And I really think that The Gaslight Anthem is the best band that I have ever heard.

• I´m francis from the czech republic... i discovered these guys two weeks ago and i can hardly stop listening to them... they´re in my top 50 already, all of their three releases are wonderful. this band plays music i´ve always wanted to hear but wasn´t lucky enough to find it. They´re so cool and stylish... Hope they´ll come to my country soon cos i can´t wait to see them live

francis debaser
  • Hello guys, thanks for joining the group :)

• hi everyone! i'm Johanna, i'm 23 and live in germany (yay, that rhymes!). i just got into Gaslight Anthem a couple days ago when i found out Frank Turner would support them on their European tour and they'd stop in Berlin. huge FT fan that i am, i wanted to find out whether it'd be worth staying longer than his gig and got me some TGL stuff and now i just can't stop listening anymore. i think i might be addicted. yea, it's hard to admit but talking about it helps ;)

We are what we believe.
  • hi Johanna, thanks for joining :D

• Mathias, 38 YO, Oslo, Norway

:-)

• My name is Manu, I'm 16 years old , nd I'm from Belgium.
    I Loooooove the 59' sound album!

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.