The Jimi Hendrix Experience 2010 Remasters

• Ravian18 sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 mar 2010, 14:15

The Jimi Hendrix Experience 2010 Remasters

Yep, another victim of the loudness war, much crackling in all the 3 albums by the experience. It's just stupid, Jimi wouldn't have approved!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 mar 2010, 05:43
    I thought the three JHE albums were just reissues of the 1997 remasters. Did they actually remaster these albums or just reissue them on Sony?

• Ton87 sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 maj 2010, 17:42
    The 1997 remasters also have terrible dynamics. If you really like Hendrix I suggest you try to get an LP or digital LP copy. The natural and vibrant sound really weights up to any LP artifacts.
    Apart from the loss of natural dynamics which makes the CDs sound overdriven and less definable, you will realize that lots of proportions were destroyed on these CD issues. For example, rhythm and lead guitars often sound equally loud, so you really can't tell anymore which one is leading and which one accompanies. This makes a huge difference in how a song sounds since the musicians and engineers deliberatly mixed all the tracks together in a curtain way. Dynamic compression destroys these intended proportions and makes music actually sound more random.

Oh god, how I hate dynamic compression...

• Ton87 sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 okt 2010, 19:52
    Try to get the Reprise CDs from 1985 if you want Hendrix' first three albums with good dynamics.

• Ton87 sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 dec 2011, 12:43
    Curtain ways, yeah

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.