• new cd

it's coming out soon. do you think it's going to be good? i kind of hope they use some of their older styles, like from march on! but i don't know. i'm getting impatient though.

i'll forget you when i'm famous, baby
  • Looking very forward to the new CD. But I don’t think they will be reaching into their past for their older style. I think they have found a new groove and are sticking with it. Especially when Johnny was quoted as saying they wanted to do more laptop in burn piano island, they just didn’t have the financial backing. I recently bought there new EP release, it was going in the same direction as Crimes, and I didn’t see any hints of giving up their new style. But it will be interesting to see, Crimes was their debut using new techniques and gear. I hope they were able to fine tune their abilities and pick up some new tricks.

But however it sounds and whatever it sounds like my one prayer is that they play their music. Too many disappointments lately to have another band drop it, especially the brothers.

• the new ep was recorded in the crimes sessions, its not really new material.

• flesh___ sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jun 2006, 20:25

Re:

Quoth ScarecrowRUINme:
    the new ep was recorded in the crimes sessions, its not really new material.

True that. It's good though, don't get me wrong. I like Crimes but it's not necessarily my favorite. It's different, certainly, and I love it. I love the Blood Brothers not just because so much of their stuff has been so chaotic but because of the unique sound. I'm not so worried about what the next album will be like.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 jun 2006, 19:29
    Yey, a new cd. I can't wait. I hope it's more like the old ones.

• i hope it's NOT like the old ones.

I want something completely new and fresh.

"Ain't got no time for western medicine. I am Damo Suzuki."
  • don't get me wrong, i would be happy with something new as well. but all of their cds are so different from one another, i hope the new one isn't too much like crimes. the good thing about the blood brothers is that each cd, each song... everything they do is so unique. hopefully they keep that up on the new one.

i'll forget you when i'm famous, baby
    • Användare
    • 3 jul 2006, 19:49
    I think that each of their CDs are individual works of art. I'm really excited for their new CD, and I can't wait to see what it's going to be like! It would be nice for it to have influences from older ones, such as March On! and This Adultery Is Ripe, but I definitely think whatever it is will be awesome.

• s_h_a_n sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 jul 2006, 12:23
    yeh i want something totally different,i love them for their innovation on every record and its got guy from fugazi on the prooduction so i have high hopes for the new one. I think the side projects have made then more open to branching out so i def dont expect something similar to crimes.either way it will be legendary

• Användare
    • 25 jan 2007, 16:40
    yeah i kind of feel the same way. i just wish that it will be different but with that similar dichotomy that the blood brothers have always had. i also want a more jumpy sound like in spit shine or laser life. the music in those songs really sticks in your head and makes you wanna move. i know though that whatever their new album sounds like it will be a hit. maybe (hopefully) not with popular music but at least with this forum.

• i think the new album is their most impressive in terms of picking an idea and following through to the end, and Burn Piano Island is a close second. the production is so amazing, stripped down, bare bones minimum style, completely opposed to crimes which relied on its clean cut production.

i think the new albm is absolutely amazing. songs like 'guitars', 'street wars', with their plodding, slow buildup, or songs like 'nausea' and 'skeletal lightning', that shred as hard (if not harder) than any song on March On. from start to finish, an amazing effort. I think guy from fugazi did an amazing job in finding a new sound for them and they honed it to their own liking.

i lovezzz it.

the only difference in infinacy between God and us
    is our own imprisonment in time...
  • hmm....
    haven't had a chance to relly listen to their music.
    I will probably check out their CD some time though...

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.