Reports of artists and songs that are wrongly "corrected"

• Reports of artists and songs that are wrongly "corrected"

Whenever you encounter something that is incorrectly corrected by auto-correct, please write what song/artist it is here, what it should be corrected to INSTEAD (or whether it should be corrected at all) and also a reason/evidence for this.

I will then add them to the "things that need correction" thread, so that everyone can vote for them.

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 mar 2009, 04:33
    for better visibility, maybe you might like to also use the connection method for artists: connect mistagged or wrongly corrected artists for attention.

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
    • fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 mar 2009, 09:08
    Bloopy said:
    A redirect which I'm trying to get turned around:

Bloopy said:
    Terrorways should redirect to The Terrorways, not the other way around. The problem is that the "The" was omitted on a popular compilation they featured on. Everywhere else The Terrorways is the more popular spelling, including on Google. I've submitted the correction to MusicBrainz as well.

Please flag The Terrorways as a valid artist, and then flag Terrorways as redirecting to the former, if it's not too much trouble. :D

there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
  • Added to list and I voted as well.

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 26 mar 2009, 03:30
    These artists should be flagged as valid:
    With Honors (fixed)
    ISENNGARD (fixed)

Redigerad av Bloopy den 8 maj 2009, 10:39
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 mar 2009, 00:19
    Arven is a valid artist. Check out MySpace.

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 mar 2009, 14:20
    all 3 posts above after LilleFluff's done!

• I updated the list with the new additions and voted for each. I'm glad you guys are posting stuff here, keep it coming!

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 mar 2009, 15:44
    I Love Your Porgy is wrong/invalid/bad/fail >:( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Loves You Porgy is correct/valid/good/pass :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicia Keys featuring Usher - If I Ain't Got You should point to
    Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You (feat. Usher)

current redirection to Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You is wrong/invalid/bad/fail >:( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 mar 2009, 19:13
    TYR redirects to Týr. Even if they are separate artists.

To complicate the issue, most of the songs on Tyr's page actually ARE songs by Týr instead, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the separate songs that all need to be redirected. NOT the entire artist.

• Chibi_T sa...
    • Användare
    • 31 mar 2009, 19:29
    Metronomy's cover of The Cure's Fascination Street should obviously not redirect to "Facination Street", it should be the other way around.

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 1 apr 2009, 05:22
    Tyr redirects to Týr. Even if they are separate artists.
    Metronomy's cover of The Cure's Fascination Street should obviously not redirect to "Facination Street", it should be the other way around.
    done. done.

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 1 apr 2009, 08:23
    Years should be flagged as a valid artist. (fixed)

Redigerad av Bloopy den 13 apr 2009, 21:06
  • Voodoo Economics now wrongly redirects to Voodoo Economics if the artist has been tagged as "Proletariat" rather than "The Proletariat".

• Bloopy sa...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 5 apr 2009, 02:42
    ztl_olmi said:
    The Disturbed gets auto-corrected to Disturbed. Both are legit artists, the other just happens to have "The" in front of their name. Anything that can be done about this?

So The Disturbed should be flagged as valid. (fixed)

Redigerad av Bloopy den 13 apr 2009, 21:07
  • Bloopy said:
    ztl_olmi said:
    The Disturbed gets auto-corrected to Disturbed. Both are legit artists, the other just happens to have "The" in front of their name. Anything that can be done about this?

So The Disturbed should be flagged as valid.

If we flag "The Disturbed" as valid, won't this then lead to "Disturbed" being re-directed wrongly. Surely the correct action would have to be to flag individual tracks to the correct artist.

If I have understood this wrong, feel free to correct me.

Cheers, Rob

• Bikini Kill - R.I.P. incorrectly redirects to rip

• tonique sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 apr 2009, 16:55
    temujin1234 said:
    Bloopy said:
    So The Disturbed should be flagged as valid.

If we flag "The Disturbed" as valid, won't this then lead to "Disturbed" being re-directed wrongly. Surely the correct action would have to be to flag individual tracks to the correct artist.

If I have understood this wrong, feel free to correct me.

I think you're wrong. I can't find the post now, though. But if I remember correctly, then flagging "The Disturbed" as a valid artist doesn't suggest a redirect from "Disturbed"; you can flag "Disturbed" as a valid artist as well.

Anyone find relevant information for this?

• fmera sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 apr 2009, 16:56
    @temujin1234: you are correct - both artists should be flagged valid (although logically, not flagging an artist at all should imply that the status quo is correct), and any of The Disturbed's tracks wrongly attributed to Disturbed should be redirected to The Disturbed, and vice versa.

i just missed tonique's post - and i agree with him.

• Agreed ^

• zexpe sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 apr 2009, 22:39
    One redirect that always annoys me is that Jean Michel Jarre is redirected to Jean-Michel Jarre, when Jean Michel Jarre is the name he has performed under for 20 years and is how he is listed on all CD covers. It is also the form that MusicBrainz adopts.

• Thanks, tonique / fmera / LilleFluff. I was assuming that you had to exclusively flag one name or the other as valid, but that is not the case, I have been able to do so for both. I have no idea which tracks belong to which artist, so can do no more, however I do now understand how this particular situation works.

Cheers, Rob

• Chibi_T sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 apr 2009, 22:11
    From the Spawn soundtrack:

The following tracks should be tagged as valid, per MusicBrainz and the fact that every other track on the album has been tagged using both collaborating artists:
    Valid: Long Hard Road Out of Hell
    Valid: A Plane Scraped Its Belly On A Sooty Yellow Moon

Also:
    Incorrect: Korn & The Dust Brothers
    Correct: KoЯn & The Dust Brothers

Incorrect: prodigy & tom morello
    Correct: The Prodigy & Tom Morello

Incorrect: A Plane Scraped It's Belly on a Sooty Yellow Moon
    Correct: A Plane Scraped Its Belly On A Sooty Yellow Moon

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.