News and Current Events

• There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    My Twin in life, love, mind, and music: ISoS
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
  • Oh dear...

"This book constitutes a hate crime" is so transparent an argument against a book obviously deploying racist and homophobic terms in satire and critique that it actually renders the accusation itself a hate crime, since what other motivation could they have for burning, as well as banning, a book about a young homosexual? It couldn't be homophobia, could it? Surely not!

Lets face it, they have found something they dislike and they are trying to ban it under the flimsy pretext of its offensive use of expletives? Shit me, well, if were going to start doing that I suppose half the books on my shelves would be illegal. We can get rid entirely of Irvine Welsh, Solomon Northup, Anthony Burgess, Joseph Heller and Graham Greene, because they all at some point use the word "nigger" and the word "faggot".

This is never getting to a real court, no fucking way. This would be thrown out by a conservative-racist judge, let alone a liberal one with common fucking sense.

• Haha Caco, you are aware that some people don't see the irony on the books about Tom Sawyer either? And that some people tried to ban the book from schools because it promotes "racism". So it's not the first time it happened XD

• jorrizza sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 jun 2009, 17:35
    These are the same people who openly claim to get their morality directly out of the bible. Hypocrites.

The awesome link of flaming death, epic destruction and pancakes.
    Warning, clicking this link might cause defects like enlightenment, godlessness and knowledge
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jun 2009, 22:01
    Of all the stupid law suits I've heard of, that is by far the dumbest fucking thing ever. We need to organize, and sue the religious people for all of those things.

Since I'm out of work, I should try to research if there is grounds to sue the publishers of christian and jewish bibles for exposing me to hate propaganda, mysogynist propaganda, and lewdness.

My argument is that when I was given a copy of the Holy Bible, I was not pre-warned that it contained homophobic, hateful, racist, and mysogynist ideals. I have suffered severe damages for having been exposed to the Bible, because I now have to live in fear of a god that does not by any rational means or understanding exist, and I suffer severe self-loathing for being labelled a sinner, who will burn in eternal damnation.

Fucking retards.

• Användare
    • 20 jun 2009, 22:02
    And oh yeah, I was exposed to indecent lewness, since Adam and Eve are both portrayed as naked, and I was not pre-warned of it before reading it. They also copulated out of marriage.

• It'd be absolutely hilarious if we could get a warning sticker of that sort to be legally mandatory on all Bibles. :P

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
    • Användare
    • 20 jun 2009, 22:31
    Or realistically, who says we can't organize and file a law suit against religious institutions for what they publish?

If church dummies can do it, surely atheists, who are by far more intelligent than christians, not be able to do it?

It does preach mysogyny, it does preach racism, it does preach homophobia, even with teh punishment for the latter being public execution. Surely that promotes violence.

I say we organise, find some lawyers who're into it, and I can guarantee there will be a shit load of lawyers willing to take that case pro bono.

We could find thousands of mentally ill people who can testify to the harmful delusion and paranoia and fear that religious books have caused them.

I say we get together and make one strong push to rid the world of Cobra, I mean religion.

Yo Joe!

• We could find thousands of mentally ill people who can testify to the harmful delusion and paranoia and fear that religious books have caused them.

Do their testimonies hold up in a court room, the mentally ill?

"The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false." ~ Paul Johnson
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2009, 14:42
    lol
    Considering they'd be testifying only to how crazy they are, I don't see why not!

• Appeals to emotion can work for us too.

LOOK AT HOW SAD, IT RUIN THEIR LIFE, DON'T YOU FEEL LIKE CRYING AT HOW HORRIBLE!

Doesn't particularly matter if it is valid

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    • Användare
    • 21 jun 2009, 22:55
    No, you're right, it doesn't. Plus we haven't even considered the role that psychiatrists and psychologists can play in getting rid of it. The testimony of a victim of religious delusion is nothing compared to the testimony of mental health care proffesionals concerning the damage these books do.

• Hmm, a court case against Scientology would be pretty interesting to watch. Even though I'm kinda scarewd of their lawyers (and I've never even met a Scientologist!)

"The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false." ~ Paul Johnson
    • Användare
    • 22 jun 2009, 18:40
    Ha! I've got nothing left to lose! Thanks to Christians and Jews. Nothing left for them to take from me. Lawyers don't frighten me. I think it would be amazing if we, or others, figured out how to rip religious people apart with their own weapons.

• ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on current events, I was wondering if the US tea party movement is what I've so far made of it (dangerously insane), what future there may be to it, and my permanent question, are people really so stupid?

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
  • I am located in India and in 2008 there was a big terrorist attack in Bombay/Mumbai that claimed many lives. All the terrorists from that attack were killed except one who survived (Ajmal Kasab). Kasab was arrested by the police and taken to court, his trial took a year and half...after which he was found guilty by the court, which is weird because there was ample footage of the guy spraying bullets on citizens being shown on the news the day it happened. Now I am not a man of the law but a video and pictures of a guy running around with a rifle that is almost as big as he is in the middle of a train station sounds like evidence to me. Human rights groups also protested his execution as it violates human rights.....???? So where were the same activists when innocent people were being killed for no reason or rather a self propagated reason by a bunch of fundamentalists with hidden motives. I am guessing their logic is dead people dont have rights. Fucking ridiculous

Boo Ya
  • Can the US Army embrace atheists?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16859421

I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.