Music Players

• skrknmt sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 okt 2006, 10:29

Music Players

Which music player(s) do you guys use?

I recently switched from Winamp to iTunes, because I was annoyed at how the Hiragana and Katakana wouldn't show up. =/ I'm so amazed by iTunes and its compatability with file naming. :o

• I use iTunes now, but I my first music player was Windows Media Player. I still use it to organize and find the information for all of my tracks before adding them to iTunes - I find it really difficult to keep things organized and properly labeled in iTunes alone.

• Monban sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 okt 2006, 19:55
    I also was unhappy with Winamp's support for non-Latin characters. I personally think iTunes is too "bulky". Once you get to know it, Foobar2000 is really very nice, and it has full Unicode support.

I had to change to "@Arial Unicode MS" font to make Korean characters show correctly, but Japanese, Chinese and Russian worked out of the box.

• Velorond sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 okt 2006, 13:28
    I use Itunes, i guess it's from the time i owned a Mac, and it's easy to use.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 nov 2006, 03:22
    Listengnome anyone? I can't wait for Songbird :) Before, I ised to use XMMS

• nazdrug sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 nov 2006, 23:09
    Monban said:
    I also was unhappy with Winamp's support for non-Latin characters. I personally think iTunes is too "bulky". Once you get to know it, Foobar2000 is really very nice, and it has full Unicode support.

I had to change to "@Arial Unicode MS" font to make Korean characters show correctly, but Japanese, Chinese and Russian worked out of the box.

I too was unsatisfied with Winamp's support for non-latin characters. And also changed to Foobar2000. It's really light-weight, and works like a dream. I think a lot of people would be satisfied if they use this player ^^

• xtremefx sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 nov 2006, 13:41

definate foobar

Foobar2000 all the way,wmp use it ive got a freshly dl track or a track ive just got from someone through an IM conv,i got rid om winamp,to much of a busy GUI for me,itunes i have and use when i want to put the info for files properly,but with foobar,theres something about it which is simple and easier to use than the others,for me personally

Don't read me.

"Tips for keeping your password secure:

* Never tell your password to anyone (this includes significant others, roommates, parrots, etc.)."
    • Zax_ sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 dec 2006, 12:45
    Winamp ofcourse!! ^^

• Hey guys :).

I'm using Winamp as well, though I stumbled across a problem just now:

I got this song for instance » Second Flight « by KOTOKO & 佐藤裕美 and it's properly displayed in Winamp's playlist. However, in the windows taskbar as well as in the last.fm client it gets displayed as » Second Flight « by KOTOKO & ????. Other tracks get messed up as well of course. I'm no newbie, but I also can't think of how to fix this.

I'm sorry for hi-jacking this topic, I hoped someone could tell me a quick fix or link me to a topic where I could get some help :).

Thanks in advance!

- Winamp v5.32 Pro
    - WinXP Support for asian languages enabled

[edit]: Okay, I see there's no real solution for that yet, other than switchthing players which I'M not going to do. Hope a fix will come soon :).

• mchiu sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 dec 2006, 02:20
    I have used iTunes and Winamp interchangeably for a while now, but I have recently started using Songbird since it is built on the firefox engine, so it has no problem with non-latin characters, and it also discovers mp3 files within a web page and displays them on the bottom for me to listen and download as I please... it's great for use with music blogs... :D

---
    mchiu.com
    find out about all the stupid things I'm up to now!
  • I use Quod Libet : full Unicode support, many nice way to sort my music, pretty interface, ...

Granted, you have to use Linux to enjoy it ^^

Your shoes and the world to come... (blog) : http://grungi.gsmproductions.com/
  • Foobar2000

The best music player for jap music u can make it look cool and its compatable with msn now playing i basicaly use it because it usely very little memory and plays in the back ground nicely as well as easy to sort playlists and that i hate wmp because it crashes my com over and over and itunes i dislike souly because i don't like i tunes and winamp uses way to much memory so yeah foobar2000 rulz the jap music players

• 0-BandEQ sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jan 2007, 01:51

Foobar - the choice for audiophiles.

Besides from the low memory requirements (and HEAPS faster to load than winamp, wmp and iTunes), I found the audio quality in Foobar a lot more accurate and crisp. Not like the fake added bass impression in Winamp and WMP (even without using any EQing) - which makes the sound a little muddy.

• srudes2 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 feb 2007, 02:18

Foobar

I use Foobar, it's a great music player. Not a memory hog like other players. Easy to edit artist info. And it's customizable!

Srudes2
  • I use Winamp.

• Zen_S69 sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 mar 2007, 14:52
    i'm using iTunes for Apple Mac.

and also 60GB video iPod for offline listeting.

nothing is better.

• -aginor- sa...
    • Användare
    • 21 apr 2007, 20:31
    winamp when im on com and Creative Zen vision 30G when im not on com :)

--Japan--
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 27 maj 2007, 04:42
    I use Itunes, I used to use Winamp but it was really frustrating when the tracks and artists showed up as ??? Itunes is so much nicer

• I used to use Windows Media Player, but iTunes is what I use now.

• naokun7 sa...
    • Användare
    • 3 jul 2007, 07:43
    I use foobar2000&Windows Media Player now.

• semeru sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jul 2007, 22:33
    iTunes, definitely. I probably would have problems with using Winamp if I switched back to it ^^'.

• Amarok for me :D looks in some way like iTunes

First Sound - like a key from a door

• winamp & foobar

• I use Windows Media Player.

• -aginor- sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 aug 2007, 17:53
    i use winamp it's just sad that the Japanese names are not working so well in it :(

--Japan--
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.