Barrett vs. The Madcap Laughs

• Barrett vs. The Madcap Laughs

What's your personal preference?

I enjoy both thoroughly, but find myself listening to Barrett a lot more.

• Shizoku sa...
    • Användare
    • 18 mar 2006, 16:11
    I prefer The Madcap Laughs maybe. It got me into Syd's solo stuff and I find myself playing the whole album through on my guitar after I listen (Perhaps a little obsessive :D).

I didn't even listen to Barrett for a while after I got Laughs but I really love that too. It is definitely put together better than Laughs and has a little more variation, though less intimate.

• The Madcap Laughs is better than Barrett i think..This two are absolutely amasing albums!

• ya the mad cap laughs is unreal i dunno i love barrett but i like listening to the mad cap laughs more

A Mish Mash Of Ignorance Brought to You By witheredpotato
  • Madcap. No contest.
    No Man's Land.
    Dark Globe.

Both of those tracks make me want to bow down to this man.

en~kay.ma~sa~ki
  • Madcap Laughs/Barrett (and I've always kind of thought of the two as one entity) are like Syd's "Plastic Ono Band", but I've still always imagined what this would sound like with better production values - like if this had been a Pink Floyd album.
    But whether dressed up or in its underwear Madcap is great and provides a tantalizing look at what Barrett or the Floyd might have gone on to do had Syd not bugged out.
    Dark Globe and Octopus are two of my most favorite songs ever written. A smart band could do an awesome cover of either - particularly the latter.

• My first Syd album was "Barrett",and it is my personal favourite,Rats and Wolfpack are from "Barrett" and they`re ones of my all time favourite songs so i choose "Barrett".

• personally, madcap. it was my 1st album of syd's, and i shall cherish it forever and ever.

You can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket.
  • ye, madcap. Octopus, dark globe, here i go and of course, my beloved- love you[take3]. This album just makes me happy everytime i listen to it. And the cover is wonderful!

• The Madcap laughs. But on the other hand, Barrett has Effervescing Elephant on it, wich is one of my favourite tracks.

• Although Barrett was my first album by Syd, I like Madcap Laughs better. I don't know what it is about that album, but it is just lovely. Of course, Barrett is quite good, Madcap Laughs is just one of my favorite albums of all time.

• Madcap for sure.

• HeyHop sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 aug 2007, 21:07

BOTH!!!

They are SO different, I find comparing kinda useless. And they both have some of the most beautiful songs on Earth and outer space on 'em.
    I enjoy the best of the two worlds... [=

• cansarp sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 aug 2007, 12:34
    it's hard to compare but "gigolo aunt", "baby lemonade", "love song", "effervescing elephant" and "wined and dined" are all in Barrett and it's my first Syd album...

My choice is Barrett :)

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 sep 2008, 14:45
    Both of them are great albums but The Madcap Laughs is Syd. It's pure and mad like Syd. The Madcap Laughs is Syd's himself, yes.

• Madcap Laughs :]

• [spam]

[spam]

flag counter since 1jan 2012

-----

---

I wasn't born to follow

ooden Shijps, Psychi Ills, Magic Lantern, Sun Araw
    Redigerad av hjbardenhagen den 29 jul 2011, 17:02
    • [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 dec 2008, 21:33
    For me, Barrett is better. Mainly because there are lots of my favourite songs, like "Gigolo Aunt" (I just adore this track), "Dominoes", or "Wolfpack" and lots of other songs... Also, Barrett is more, um, done, I mean, musically. On the other hand, I love this rawness of Madcap... But personally I like Barrett more than Madcap. Yeah, Barrett.

• Madcap totally... Terrapin... No Good Trying... Love You... No Man's Land... Octopus.. Dark Globe.... goodness

• Madcap has a more expressive, distinctively Barrettish sound, I think, though Barrett is in no way worse, but I like The Madcap Laughs more.

• Both albums are great, but I think ´Barrett´ is better. There we can hear some singing of consciouss genius, who knows that he´s not ´in´ the commercial world of music. He is out because of his psychic troubles.

• pepst sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2009, 18:21
    Madcap Laughs is a bit better and more consistent than Barrett. On the other hand, Barrett contains 2 greatest Syd's songs ever - Gigolo Aunt & Baby Lemonade.

• pepst sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 feb 2009, 18:23
    Madcap Laughs is a bit better and more consistent than Barrett. On the other hand, Barrett contains 2 greatest Syd's songs ever - Gigolo Aunt & Baby Lemonade.

• Madcap Laughs

Been dazed and confused for so long, it's not true.
  • I personally prefer The Madcap Laughs for his 'tripping climax' (from Long Gone to If It's in You), and for his being more spontaneous in this album. Then, Octopus is possibly the best song he wrote after leaving pink floyd, and Late Night, Terrapin, Love You, Dark Globe and Golden Hair are still fantastic. Anyway, I'm sure nobody here will ever forget Baby Lemonade's intro, or Effervescing Elephant. Definitely, two great albums... not so distant.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.