Would you buy Swingtown on DVD?

• Mac_56 sa...
    • Användare
    • 29 jun 2008, 21:28

Would you buy Swingtown on DVD?

I would buy it for sure, it brings back great memories, and has fantastic music. It would be nice to watch it without commercials and without the pop ups of shows that are coming on.

As I was watching Cabin Fever, there was an few seconds that had no sound.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jun 2008, 17:14
    DON'T need to GOT the internet!!It's ALWAYS better with NO commericals interruptions!

• girl70s sa...
    • Användare
    • 30 jun 2008, 19:51
    You can buy each episode for $1.99 from Itunes or you can prebuy a pass for the whole season for $24.99 and they will automatically download it for you. Worth every penny to me.

• Depending on how the rest of the season goes, I might. Overall, I'm impressed with it so far.

• I record the show every week. So I don't need to buy it!! I also get to fast forward the commercials.
    Love the show!

• Kid70s sa...
    • Användare
    • 5 jul 2008, 07:08
    I will buy DVDs for me and for all of my friends that grew up in the '70s... this show is the best.

• Definitely!

I love the show and am totally hooked (it hooked me the first episode)

I will definitely add it to my collection, maybe it will have great special features?

KEEP ON TRUCKIN'
  • buy dvd

oh yea it takes me right back to my early 20s great show

swing town lover
  • I would buy it on DVD, but I'll be greatly disappointed if it's not picked up for a second season.

• Bobo68 sa...
    • Användare
    • 12 jul 2008, 19:51
    I would buy it only if they got the rights to all the music that is used throughout. No small feat, but "Freaks and Geeks" managed to do it.

• Yes, I Do!

I'm expecting those dvd's, i want to know where the stage are, from where are the clothes of the actors, and the process of recording with extras, all dressed like the 70'... it's awesome for a tv show.

I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass!!
    • sexyduo sa...
    • Användare
    • 13 jul 2008, 23:04
    Yes I would buy it for sure....We love the show and are totally hooked....:)

• Tiea sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jul 2008, 14:53

Have it... already!

Don't need to. ;) Unless they added a bunch of "extras" and such... I've got Comcast and you can get it on Demand as well as get it in HD. So I've been saving every episode onto dvd. The only one I missed getting in HD, do to a mess up in the dvr, I was able to get on Demand. Comes in handy for a lot of show. *LOL*

Oh bother! :o TTFN!

~Tiea

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” ~ Winnie the Pooh
    • dan4th sa...
    • Användare
    • 25 jul 2008, 01:52
    I'd buy it on DVD if it would encourage CBS to do a second season...

Moving the timeslot looks like the beginning of the end, though. :(

• TammySnM sa...
    • Användare
    • 6 aug 2008, 16:32
    I sure would..I don't get into too many tv shows, much less want to go buy what I've already watched, but there is most definately something FANTASTIC about SWINGTOWN. I already watch and record it and then go back and watch it again, and again..can't get enough of Trina and the gang!

• get CBS

to sell it to AMC. if they can do madmen they can certainly do swingtown.

• I guess CBS has to clear their schedule for knight rider......lol.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 aug 2008, 12:29
    Would i buy it? Only on blu-ray. Haven't bought any more dvd's since
    we went hi-def. If it's not out on blu we'll wait.

• Yes, I would buy it because I missed the last three episodes since they changed it playing on Friday nights instead of Thursday nights.

• Absolutely, It has to be one of the best shows on TV in the last few years, I like the way the sound is muffled, they were really realistic when producing this show, the music & style reminds me of when I was a kid, brings back great memories...I hope it is getting good ratings so we all can enjoy this show next season!

• JM153 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 aug 2008, 16:59
    Yes, I would definitely buy it on DVD. I would also buy a soundtrack CD. The music is great.

• Tiea sa...
    • Användare
    • 16 aug 2008, 08:53

Moved? Dying? WHAT?!

dan4th said:
    I'd buy it on DVD if it would encourage CBS to do a second season...

Moving the timeslot looks like the beginning of the end, though. :(

NikoKatie said:
    Yes, I would buy it because I missed the last three episodes since they changed it playing on Friday nights instead of Thursday nights.

Okay, what is everyone talking about? Maybe I missed something, since I thought it had always been there. However, I do tape my shows off on a DVR I have through Comcast, so sometimes I don't pay attention to the night, just it the machine recorded it, or if I ran out of space and didn't get it, or if another show on the list that night higher in priority bumped it off the list... Which happened once, so I was really happy Comcast & CBS offers Swingtown on On Demand and I can see full episodes there when ever I want. But still... thought it had been Friday. In any case, it shouldn't matter the night. If a show is great, then it has priority over other shows. And if you think moving it to a night it has to 'compete' with other shows is terrible, then you must not think the show is worth it being at the top of your list no matter the night. Personally, I make sure I've got all of them, and the one night that it accidentally didn't record, I watched it on On Demand and moved it up my priority list above all else that are on Friday night, to make darn sure that I always get it. To me, it's too good a show to not see, regardless of the night..... And for the person who missed 3 episodes, you can watch them either On Demand (if you have Comcast) or even go to the CBS.com web site, they've got full episodes you can watch too. :)

Oh bother! :o TTFN!

~Tiea

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” ~ Winnie the Pooh
    • Kid70s sa...
    • Användare
    • 7 sep 2008, 06:06

Great News!!

"Swingtown - The First Season" is coming to DVD on December 16... all 13 episodes... and hopefully some great bonus content. I already pre-ordered mine on Amazon.com for only $28.99. Can't wait!

• twcable sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 sep 2008, 15:10

Would Absolutely Buy

Loved every episode. Wish there were more. Should move to higher quality networks like Showtime or HBO.

• As fast as I could

This series grabbed me for the memories and the music and even for the timeless story lines. I would love to own the series on DVD. We Tivo'd though having it whenever I'd want to watch again would be great. As it is, I have watched the taped version of the episodes about 5 times.

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.