If you're curious about the title, that is because I initially decided to make it last sunday, while it was gloomy, sort of raining, but a pretty day. I was listening to music that made me feel good, that makes me smile. I'm hoping it will have the same affect on you. There are a lot of string elements, interesting sounds, throwback/ ballroom/ jazzy, familiar tunes (famous for one reason or another). It sort of evolved into nothing of the title because I wanted what I wanted in here, but I just left it as I had it in my itunes.
I realize some of these songs are kind of girly, but I am a girl and you can channel your inner girl sometimes! Especially right in time for Valentine's Day. I made it as random as possible, there were probably about 70 tracks I considered so these have been carefully considered and selected for your listening pleasure. I'm hoping you get a kick out of at least one of these tracks, even if you have them already. Enjoy! I hope this works... keep your fingers crossed.
Oh, and in my mind it doesn't get more garabe and hipster than if you stray from all the "popular" current hipster music and listen to something completely out of left field. I threw in a couple which could be pretty hipster garabe though.
1. Heinz Kiessling - Temptation Sensation
2. Andrew Bird - Fitz & Dizzyspells
3. Brian Eno & David Byrne - Strange Overtones
4. Duke Ellington - That Jungle Jamboree
5. Shugo Tokumaru - Parachute
6. The Acorn - Crooked Legs
7. Ducktails - Beach Point Pleasant
8. Harry Nilisson - Everybody's Talkin'
9. Caribou - She's The One
10. DeVotchKa - Till The End Of Time
11. Great Lake Swimmers - See You On The Moon!
12. The Microphones - Sand (Eric's Trip)
13. Jens Lekman - Maple Leaves
14. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Scattered Pearls
15. Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
16. M. Ward - Chinese Translation
17. Nico - These Days
18. Kings of Convenience - I'd Rather Dance With You
19. Louis Armstrong - A Kiss To Build A Dream On
20. Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better
21. Nick Drake - Cocaine Blues
22. Passion Pit - Cuddle Fuddle
23. Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
24. Beirut - My Night With The Prostitute From Marseille
25. Henry Mancini - Something For Cat
26. Flying Lotus - Parisian Goldfish
27. múm - We Have A Map Of The Piano
28. Josh Pyke - When We Get There
29. Flight of the Conchords - Doggie Bounce
30. Al Jolson - Toot, Toot, Tootsie (Goo'bye)
http://www. media fire .com / download.php?vwmnm 2kyowl
http://www. media fire .com/download.php? y4mmev tmm2z
LIST STUFF YOU RECOGNIZE! But not too many at once!
This playlist is for listening to as background music mostly when you're mostly occupied with something else but need something to fill the silence.