Last.fm Extra Stats: Ideas, Bug Reports, Support & Comments

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 8 mar 2007, 23:07

Last.fm Extra Stats: Ideas, Bug Reports, Support & Comments

Redigerad av C26000 den 5 dec 2007, 23:03
  • Ok, I downloaded this from the file sharing website just now and the first thing I noticed is that you've made it unnessasarily large in size by including 3 user's data in the download (after downloading my data, i've got over 25mb worth - not an ideal size for a stats toy/widget).

This makes no sense to me at all as one example would be fine for me. (imho, it would be nice to have the choice to download it without the extra data in future).

Apart from that: its all very nice and I look forward to future updates.

:)

• jellevc sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 mar 2007, 14:02
    hmm I'm not aware about any issue with the compatibility rating, can you give me an example?
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/643/compatibilityww0.gif
    Also, for example the artist Leonard Cohen isn't included in the compatibility rating, although he's sofiefie's number 2 artist and my number 4 artist. The same happens for Bram Vermeulen when I calculate my compatibility with another user.

I think that I'm going to add an option for a threshoold to ingnore some artists in the chart and this way speed up the calculations, maybe that was your promblem, was it?
    Oh yeah, that would be great. It does indeed take forever to calculate the graphs. A customizable threshold would be nice.

Another remark: when, after changing the graph preferences behind the "+" mark, I press the "V" (OK) button, it automatically recalculates the graph. This of course takes a huge amount of time for me. I would prefer if you'd just be able to update the preferences without the graphs being recalculated.

Thanks for your answers!

Lang leve de Kindervrienden
    • C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 mar 2007, 19:21
    MikeManger said:
    you've made it unnessasarily large in size by including 3 user's data in the download

It's not that big due of the extra 3 users data , it's because I have included a huge amount of artists tag data, It will speed up a lot your calculations of tag clouds and I'll avoid unnesesary calls to the last.fm webservice because it contains tag data from the most common artists, but sure I'll provide a option to download it without the data for the next update.

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 mar 2007, 19:37
    jellevc said:
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/643/compatibilityww0.gif
    Also, for example the artist Leonard Cohen isn't included in the compatibility rating, although he's sofiefie's number 2 artist and my number 4 artist. The same happens for Bram Vermeulen when I calculate my compatibility with another user.

Thanks there is a bug there, I guess it doesn't like the , as a thousand separator :|

jellevc said:
    Another remark: when, after changing the graph preferences behind the "+" mark, I press the "V" (OK) button, it automatically recalculates the graph. This of course takes a huge amount of time for me. I would prefer if you'd just be able to update the preferences without the graphs being recalculated.

I really want to do it too , it's kind of annoying that behavior, I want to add all the settings in the left panel and remove that Plus symbol.

• jellevc sa...
    • Användare
    • 9 mar 2007, 19:45
    Excellent. :)
    I'm looking forward to the next update. I already enjoyed this version A LOT.

• Ramez05 sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 mar 2007, 08:47
    lovin it so far dude. great job :)

• Ive been thinking, is it possible to do wave/line graph for tags?
    That could be very interesting. :)

• Mate, your new work is really awesome, thanks for this:)

• Xemper sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 mar 2007, 17:57
    I spotted that in 'AEP', 'How ... Am I?' and 'Diversity' whenever changing the number of top artists the stat is based on, it is included in the answer.
    E.g. 'How pop Am I?' using top 25 artists:

It all still seems to work fine. It just looks a little untidy.

• jellevc sa...
    • Användare
    • 10 mar 2007, 20:05
    entertainer said:
    Ive been thinking, is it possible to do wave/line graph for tags?

AND FOR SONGS!!

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2007, 03:06
    entertainer said:
    Ive been thinking, is it possible to do wave/line graph for tags?

I think the same it would be very interesting, but I'm not sure about the implementation because it would require a huge amount of tag data, a xml file for each one of the artists that you have listened, that's a lot! even probably more than 500 files.

anyway I'll think what can I do.

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2007, 03:19
    Xemper said:
    I spotted that in 'AEP', 'How ... Am I?' and 'Diversity' whenever changing the number of top artists the stat is based on, it is included in the answer.

Actually, I designed it like that to clarify how the stat was calculated, but does it really look ugly?, hmmm maybe adding the info at the end? , something like this:

C26000 AEP is 4.42 (Top 10)

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2007, 03:49
    jellevc said:
    AND FOR SONGS!!

I'm not sure how good it may look, besides it would be even more slower because usually you listen to more different songs than artists, so I'm not sure about this , I'll add it to the limbo ideas :)

• jellevc sa...
    • Användare
    • 11 mar 2007, 11:29
    Yeah I figured that, too.
    So I was thinking maybe you could calculate the songs graph only for the Overall Top X (eg. Overall Top 50). And without the possibility of changing the time interval. Like that it will be a way of seeing when you listened most to every song of your Top Tracks Chart.

• If anyone wants wave graphs for their tag data, send me a message, and I'll add you to my graph generating roster. It's not as nice and interactive as c26000's, but it does a fairly good job at generating tag graphs. You can check out some of the results here. It takes about a day to generate the graphs, as I'm trying to grab the data without hurting the last.fm servers :).

• will the newest version be able to use more than the top 50 artists for tag clouds and the like? that would be incredibly useful

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 14 maj 2007, 15:48
    maybe I'll add it for the next version, (I'll release it in more or less 10 days, it has mainly bug fixes and small improvements)

• bug fixes are boring :(

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 24 maj 2007, 09:44

Last.fm Extra Stats 3.1 Released

I have been recently veeery busy but I managed to work again today in the 3.1 version, now it's 3.30 am I'm soo tired but I wanted to finish it today :S, so here it is:

http://www.last.fm/user/C26000/journal/2006/07/30/195693/

and the changes are here:

http://www.last.fm/user/C26000/journal/2007/01/2/304741/

I hope you like the improvements, now I'm going to sleep

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 26 maj 2007, 21:35
    again I have updated it to fix a small bug with the values in the date axis.

• jellevc sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jun 2007, 21:44
    Hey C,
    I can't get the compatibility rating to work anymore. :(
    It always displays an error, something about the other user's top 500-list that isn't found.

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 15 jun 2007, 23:45
    I really don't know what is your problem with that stat :(, It runs fine in my computer.

try deleting both users data directories and if it doesn't work try moving around the date selector.

• no top 10 this time, lets do a bottom 10

i would like to see the bottom of my charts. Right now its being capped at 500 artists and im sure i listen to a lot more artists.

• C26000 sa...
    • Användare
    • 17 sep 2007, 03:12
    jellevc said:
    Hey C,
    I can't get the compatibility rating to work anymore. :(
    It always displays an error, something about the other user's top 500-list that isn't found.

I have fixed this bug in the current development version :)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.