Welcome international users!

• Welcome international users!

Hi, this group is of course also meant for English speaking Last.fm users that have heard about this weird German band from the '80s naming themselves like a joint, but no playa no reggae, man (well, almost...). I only wrote the introduction in German, because they are probably better known in Germany, but you can post in English here as well, either in the shoutbox, in the discussions or in a blog article, so go ahead. :-)

Besides the Spliff artist profile on Last.fm (switch to English if you haven't yet) there is a Wikipedia article in English where you can find some basics about the band if you have never heard of them yet. The Europopmusic site also offers a band portrait with discography, photographs etc.

By the way, did you know that not only their first album The Spliff Radio Show is in English, but there is an English version of their second album 85555 as well?

Last but not least there are two Spliff related groups in English on Last.fm, one about Perfume : The Story of a Murderer (the soundtrack written by Pale 3, i.e. Tom Tykwer, Reinhold Heil and Johnny Klimek), and the other one is for Nina Hagen Admirers.

• Blogs about "Perfume" with video links etc.

Talking about the movie Perfume : The Story of a Murderer, there are some interesting blog articles in English available at the Last.fm group mentioned above e.g. with links to an interview with Sir Simon Rattle about the "making of" the film score. You can even spot Reinhold Heil, Tom Tykwer and Johnny Klimek in the control room with the Berliner Philharmoniker in that video clip from the Perfume mini site.

And for everyone who likes that soundtrack, you should start the tag radio that I have prepared in the meantime. I'm listening to it right now, and here is an excerpt from my actual playlist:
    -----
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/State Choir Latvia/Kristian Järvi/Chen Reiss – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: The Girl with the Plums vor 7 Minuten
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/State Choir Latvia – Leaving Grasse (extended version) vor 13 Minuten
    * Susie van der Meer – Somebody Has to Pay vor 16 Minuten
    * Operation Phoenix – Running Two (remix) vor 21 Minuten
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/Uwe Barthel – Nights in Naples/I want to work for you vor 23 Minuten
    * Pale 3 feat. Skin – You Can't find peace vor 27 Minuten
    * Sun Electric – Introduction (remix) vor 32 Minuten
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/State Choir Latvia/Kristian Järvi – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Prologue - The Highest Point vor 34 Minuten
    * Beth Hirsch – Here's The Love vor 38 Minuten
    * Michael Brook – ScissorsPaperRock vor 45 Minuten
    * Berliner Philharmoniker – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: The 13th essence vor 47 Minuten
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/State Choir Latvia/Kristian Järvi – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Awaiting Execution vor 51 Minuten
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/Chen Reiss – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Streets of Paris vor 54 Minuten
    * Beth Hirsch – Glad To Know vor 59 Minuten
    * Michael Brook – Vacant vor einer Stunde
    * Spliff – Telefon Terror vor einer Stunde
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/State Choir Latvia/Kristian Järvi/Johnny Klimek/Tom Tykwer/ – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Grasse in panic vor einer Stunde
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/State Choir Latvia/Kristian Järvi – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: The crowd embrace vor einer Stunde
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/Melanie Mitrano/Johnny Klimek/Tom Tykwer/Reinhold Heil – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Grenouille's childhood vor einer Stunde
    * State Choir Latvia/Kristian Järvi – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Lost Love vor einer Stunde
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/Chen Reiss – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Meeting Laura vor einer Stunde
    * Berliner Philharmoniker – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Distilling Roses vor einer Stunde
    * State Choir Latvia – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Epilogue - Leaving Grasse vor 2 Stunden
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/Victor de Maiziere /Johnny Klimek/Tom Tykwer/Reinhold Heil – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: Laura's murder vor 2 Stunden
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/State Choir Latvia/Kristian Järvi/Melanie Mitrano/Johnny Kl – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: The method works! vor 2 Stunden
    * Berliner Philharmoniker/Sir Simon Rattle/Melanie Mitrano/Tom Tykwer/Johnny Klimek/Reinhold Heil – Perfume: The Story of a Murderer: The Perfume vor 2 Stunden
    -----

So it works great at the moment, playing for two hours without interruption with a lot of tracks from the album in a row which is something that normally doesn't work on Last.fm. ;-)

Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.